1. Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    02 Dec '11 22:13
    Hello
    I come from a part in the world where jesus is only heard of in american movies and tv shows like dexter.
    Could someone please tell me why jesus is so great why do we love him and who does he love ?

thank you!
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Dec '11 22:28
    Originally posted by Faith No More
    Hello
    I come from a part in the world where jesus is only heard of in american movies and tv shows like dexter.
    Could someone please tell me why jesus is so great why do we love him and who does he love ?

thank you!
    Why dont you just go look up "jaywill" in the player inventory, and see his posts.

Lol, (I find this funny already)
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 Dec '11 22:472 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Why dont you just go look up "jaywill" in the player inventory, and see his posts.

Lol, (I find this funny already)
    Go to a New Testament and begin to read the Gospel of Mark, its the simpliest. Then read possibly the Gospel of Luke which has been discribed by some as the most beautiful book ever written. Then read the Gospel of John.

I have every confidence that God Himself will impress your heart with what you need to know about Jesus Christ if you begin to read the New Testament.

Matthew is excellent also.
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Dec '11 22:52
    Hello

thank you!
    He only loves True Christians™ (a proper subset of True Americans&trade😉
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Dec '11 23:121 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Go to a New Testament and begin to read the Gospel of [b]Mark, its the simpliest. Then read possibly the Gospel of Luke which has been discribed by some as the most beautiful book ever written. Then read the Gospel of John.

I have every confidence that God Himself will impress your heart with what you need to know about Jesus Christ if you begin to read the New Testament.

Matthew is excellent also.[/b]
    Perhaps I could hijack this thread and ask you a question, jaywill.

You say that jesus chased until you repented and became christian. That "jesus" (or was it the holy spirit), would not let up until you changed your heart forever.
    Do you know what I am referring to?

I am interested because I had a similar thing happen.
    I first had some insights on acid,etc. Enjoyed my trips but kinda of just went "ok thats enough now, lets get back to reality" where upon I proceeded to keep tripping out when I least expected it. I would be at a friends and the walls would fall away, and I would just be like "I gotta go man,I'm totally freaked out". And it just followed me everywhere until I changed my heart, until I decided to devote my whole life to finding the matrix of my creation.

The way you explained your situation sounded similar however you concluded that you must become a christian whereas I concluded totally the opposite, more or less.

Could you re-tell that part of your story please so that we may see if they were similar or if I had missed something? Thanks
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 Dec '11 23:38
    Perhaps I could hijack this thread and ask you a question, jaywill.

You say that jesus chased until you repented and became christian. That "jesus" (or was it the holy spirit), would not let up until you changed your heart forever.
    Do you know what I am referring to?

I am interested because I had a similar thing happen.
    I first had some insigh ...[text shortened]... story please so that we may see if they were similar or if I had missed something? Thanks
    What has happened to that man Jesus Christ is that God has made Him universalized.

We know that a typical man can only talk to one or two people at a time. When person A has his attention he relinquishes his involvement, and person B may commence to hold his attention.

This is how a typical man may interact with one or two people at a time because of his human limitation. In the case of Jesus in resurrection God has Godnized Him and infused Him with His own universal element. In this way millions of people simultaneously can interact with Jesus all over the world at one time.

The Father has infused the resurrected man Christ with the same universality as the omnipresent God. "the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

In this way when people say "I met Jesus" they literally are telling the truth. God has stood BEHIND, and WITH, and UNDERNEATH, this MAN to Godnized Him with universality. To meet Christ is to meet God for God has 1,000,000 % stood behind ALL that He is.

This way, at different places in the world, at different times, simultaneously people can have an intimate and personal relationship in Spirit with Jesus Christ - "the last Adam became a life giving Spirit".

Here is how Jesus put the matter Himself in John's Gospel:

"He who has my commandments and keeps them, he is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will manifest Myself to him." (John 14:21)

These words are trustworthy and reliable. If you turn your heart to love the available Jesus He will MANIFEST Himself to you.

Going on - "Judas, not Isacariot, said to Him, Lord, and what has happened that You are to manifest Yourself to us and not to the world ?

Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him." (John 14:22-23)

The Triune God as the Holy Spirit will bring this mysterious divine WE of the Father and the Son INTO the kernel, the nucleus, the innermost spiritual being of a man or woman, and Christ infused with the universality of God Himself, will make a dwelling place, and abode within that person.

To GIVE ZOE LIFE as in "life giving Spirit" is to GIVE the intimate subjective knowledge of God's Person in Jesus Christ as a new life.

I do not like to talk about my drug experiences of the 60s. For one, I find that people dismiss people who have experimented with drugs. That period of my life causes me some sense of shame. I do not like to talk about my experiences along this line except with trusted friends perhaps in private.

But, I do believe that what I have written here is the essential thing which I want you to know. I hope it is helpful.

While it is tempting to trade stories about the old days of Jimi Hendrix psychodelic trips of the 1960s, I will not do so here. It is not something of which I am proud.
  7. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    03 Dec '11 00:21
    Hello

thank you!
    and what part of the world is that?
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    03 Dec '11 01:17
    Perhaps I could hijack this thread and ask you a question, jaywill. ...

Don't!
    Going off topic is what is devaluing the Spirituality Forum. nothing can be debated without someone changing the subject, wires get crossed, the original point is lost and everyone gets annoyed.

Just start a new thread for Christ's sake!
  9. Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    03 Dec '11 01:31
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Go to a New Testament and begin to read the Gospel of [b]Mark, its the simpliest. Then read possibly the Gospel of Luke which has been discribed by some as the most beautiful book ever written. Then read the Gospel of John.

Matthew is excellent also.[/b]
    I dont want to read in some big book Ive never seen, I want to hear the day to day average folks "personal jesus" if you will , to quote depeche mode
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '11 01:31
    Hello

thank you!
    Surely the first thing to determine is not what was he like, and what did he say...
    But did he exist?

Before you can convincingly talk about what someone was like you aught to be able to be
    able to convincingly demonstrate that they actually existed.

Otherwise it's like debating what King Arthur or Robin hood was like and what they did.
    When you can't even convincingly demonstrate that they ever existed, let alone that any
    of the stories about them are true.
  11. Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    03 Dec '11 01:37
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Surely the first thing to determine is not what was he like, and what did he say...
    But did he exist?

Before you can convincingly talk about what someone was like you aught to be able to be
    able to convincingly demonstrate that they actually existed.

Otherwise it's like debating what King Arthur or Robin hood was like and what they did.
    When yo ...[text shortened]... y demonstrate that they ever existed, let alone that any
    of the stories about them are true.
    I thought it was scientifically proven the man Jesus before Christ was in fact a man flesh and bones was he not?
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '11 01:42
    I thought it was scientifically proven the man Jesus before Christ was in fact a man flesh and bones was he not?
    Nope. Although it's probable (according to the people who study such things) that a guy
    called Jesus existed, it's certainly not proven that he did.
    Of course the claims as to what he did in life given his very existence is uncertain are even
    more tentative.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Dec '11 01:51
    Hello

thank you!
    In simple terms we love Jesus because He gave his life to save all humanity
    from their sinful nature. Jesus loves us all for he proved this by giving up
    His life for us. There is no greater love than for a person to give up their
    life for another.
  14. Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    03 Dec '11 02:07
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    In simple terms we love Jesus because He gave his life to save all humanity
    from their sinful nature. Jesus loves us all for he proved this by giving up
    His life for us. There is no greater love than for a person to give up their
    life for another.
    How did giving his life save humanity from our sinful nature and why do you say their and not our are you not part of humanity?
    I know this seems odd but I really do not know the tale of jesus
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Dec '11 02:412 edits
    How did giving his life save humanity from our sinful nature and why do you say their and not our are you not part of humanity?
    I know this seems odd but I really do not know the tale of jesus
    Yes, I am part of humanity and the correct word is "our". I don't always use
    correct English. Sorry for that error. The story goes back to when the
    first humans disobey God and that disobedience is called "sin". Let me think
    about how I can tell the story as simply as I can. It is a very complicated
    story and there are many intelligent people that can not understand it. So
    I might not be able to explain it to you so you can understand it. Especially,
    since I do not have great language skills. I will sleep over it and maybe
    my thinking will be clearer tomorrow after I have had some rest.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree