1. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    24 Feb '15 14:16
    There are many more microbes living in and on the Human body than there are Human cells. We cannot survive without these microbes, not only are they essential for physical processes they have an influence on the mind, they are an integral part of the Human organism (similar to the Lichen condition). It raises some interesting religious questions. For example, man is literally part of the animal kingdom and if you subscribe to the existence of a soul, microbes must share in this thing. The behavioral influence has implications for the concept sin. My information source is Focus magazine issue 278
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Feb '15 14:43
    Originally posted by OdBod
    There are many more microbes living in and on the Human body than there are Human cells. We cannot survive without these microbes, not only are they essential for physical processes they have an influence on the mind, they are an integral part of the Human organism (similar to the Lichen condition). It raises some interesting religious questions. For example ...[text shortened]... My information source is Focus magazine issue 278
    Can you tell us what your understanding of the term soul is?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    24 Feb '15 14:44
    There are many more microbes living in and on the Human body than there are Human cells. We cannot survive without these microbes, not only are they essential for physical processes they have an influence on the mind, they are an integral part of the Human organism (similar to the Lichen condition). It raises some interesting religious questions. For example ...[text shortened]... My information source is Focus magazine issue 278
    The human soul is immaterial sans "microbes".
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Feb '15 15:52
    Your soul is transcendental and has no contact with germs and bugs etc.

The soul is not material and never touches mundane material matter.

However your individual soul, although it influences your every action, will never and has never mixed itself with your material body.

At death, your body and any bugs holding onto it shall all decay and rot together and finally become dust in the wind.

You..............the SOUL, shall then incarnate into another body which is only a secretion of semen at the beginning, but months later shall take the shape of the next thing you are destined to be.

The cycle of [birth, disease, old age and death] shall once again continue and you shall do it all over again.

Getting off this wheel of suffering and returning back home to Godhead can only be accomplished when the living entity embraces pure devotional service of the LORD Sri Krsna Bhagavan.

There is .........no other way, no other way, no other way. than to chant the Holy names of the lord constantly.

This is the Maha Mantra for deliverance from ignorance and bodage to Maya

HARE KRSNA HARE KRSNA
    KRSNA KRSNA HARE HARE
    HARE RAMA HARE RAMA
    RAMA RAMA HARE HARE
  5. Germany
    Moves
    24 Feb '15 15:53
    I have not seen a meaningful definition of "soul."
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Feb '15 16:13
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    so far neither have I.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    24 Feb '15 16:19
    KN, the soul is the immaterial part of man; soul life is created by God and imparted in union with biological life the moment the viable fetus emerges from the womb which results in human life. The Hebrew word neshamah: "breath of lives".
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Feb '15 18:00
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    KN, the soul is the immaterial part of man; soul life is created by God and imparted in union with biological life the moment the viable fetus emerges from the womb which results in human life. The Hebrew word neshamah: "breath of lives".
    I have to agree with KazetNagorra. I am yet to see a meaningful definition of 'soul'.
  9. Standard memberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Feb '15 18:18
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Your soul is transcendental and has no contact with germs and bugs etc.

The soul is not material and never touches mundane material matter.

However your individual soul, although it influences your every action, will never and has never mixed itself with your material body.

At death, your body and any bugs holding onto it shall all decay and rot togeth ...[text shortened]... o Maya

HARE KRSNA HARE KRSNA
    KRSNA KRSNA HARE HARE
    HARE RAMA HARE RAMA
    RAMA RAMA HARE HARE
    Not bad, until you hit the reincarnation pothole, then it all went to hell.
  10. Standard memberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Feb '15 18:22
    I think that's called "willful ignorance".
  11. Standard memberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Feb '15 18:27
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I have to agree with KazetNagorra. I am yet to see a meaningful definition of 'soul'.
    And if you're depending on this forum to give meaning and definition to your ideation, well, that's just asking for trouble.

Hmmmm, definitions. Umm, I dunno, how about a dictionary? Or maybe that great big thing out there called the "internet"? One can only lead the horses to water, but one can't make them drink.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Feb '15 21:143 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I think that's called "willful ignorance".
    On the contrary its lack of evidence. The only person so far to have attempted to define what the term soul means is Grandpa Bobby and he reiterates the idea that the soul is some is some kind of ephemeral element derived from God which infuses itself with the biological systems of a new born child.

In a Biblical sense this creates all kinds of problems because the term soul is described in the Bible

1. with reference to animals
    2. that the soul can die

and GB appears to be on the right track but not entirely accurate as far as my understanding is concerned. For the process that GB in fact attempts to describe is the process whereby God infused Adam with life , 'the breath of life', Greek - theopneustos, 'god breathed', and Adam became a living soul as a direct consequence. He was not given a soul as something independent of his body, he became a soul, a living, breathing entity. The life force that God infused with Adam is not a soul, it is merely the force of life which animates all living things.

http://biblehub.com/greek/2315.htm

Now I don't expect you to know this or understand this or accept this, but these things can be Biblically established and therefore the Biblical definition of a soul is a living breathing animated entity.
  13. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    24 Feb '15 21:22

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    24 Feb '15 21:242 edits
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    So essentially a soul is a jashk.
    And a jashk is!??
    Probably best to think of a jashk as a little bit of "jum" and a little bit of "haj"
    and what do you mean by "haj" or "jum"!???
    Clearly I'm referring to a lubbadink!
    and what in the name of f***ery is a lubbadink?
    Well it's sort of a cross between a yatawang and a pilg (except you have to have a little bit of hyle too)
    ffs just tell me in plain english what a soul is, what is it made out of, how does it work, where precisely do we find it, how would we function if we didn't have one!???
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    24 Feb '15 22:10
    Originally posted by Agerg
    So essentially a soul is a jashk.
    And a jashk is!??
    Probably best to think of a jashk as a little bit of "jum" and a little bit of "haj"
    and what do you mean by "haj" or "jum"!???
    Clearly I'm referring to a lubbadink!
    and what in the name of f***ery is a lubbadink?
    Well it's sort of a cross between a yatawang and a pilg (except you h ...[text shortened]... does it work, where precisely do we find it, how would we function if we didn't have one!???[/i]
    To paraphrase for GB so that there can be no reasonable misunderstanding.

An explanation MUST, by definition, be in terms of things we already understand.

Otherwise all you did was move the mystery that needs explaining to something else
    without any increase in the level of understanding.

Which as Agerg brilliantly demonstrates, just lands you up with gibberish.

This is far from the only reason that your posts frequently land up being gibberish,
    but it IS one of them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree