God and Science

God and Science

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
69d

@divegeester said
Do you class yourself as being a Christian ?
Go to UM and search for possible clues to an answer.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
69d

@pettytalk said
Obviously, that's a moot question for me, as you intend Jesus to be God, the Father.

But regarding Jesus rising from the dead, which occurrence are you referring to? Jesus has risen from the dead many times; too many to enumerate for me, as my current numerical skills do not allow me to count that high.

As regarding God (The Father), I believe that He too has had not ...[text shortened]... es itself from (rising from the dead). If you mean the physical earth, then I would have to say yes.
I knew that the Jesus Christ I speak about is not the same one you do; therefore, the same is true when you speak about God as well.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
68d
1 edit

@pettytalk said
Go to UM and search for possible clues to an answer.
You have declined to answer this several times PettyTalk, why is that?

“Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.”

From 1 Peter 3:15

Moves
68d

@divegeester said
You have declined to answer this several times PettyTalk, why is that?

“Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.”

From 1 Peter 3:15
Do not cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet.....

Moves
68d

@kellyjay said
I knew that the Jesus Christ I speak about is not the same one you do; therefore, the same is true when you speak about God as well.
OK, fair enough. My Jesus is not the same as the one you speak of. Would you care to discuss how you see them differently? Perhaps yours and mine may have some things in common. You and I have discovered to have some earthly things in common. Now let us see if perhaps we also have some heavenly things in common.

Let me start with the following premise which you will undoubtedly recognize. If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?

Let me ask you this. Do you currently possess a soul, besides a body?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
68d

@pettytalk said
Do not cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet.....
Pearls?

I’m only asking you if you are a Christian!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
68d

@pettytalk said
OK, fair enough. My Jesus is not the same as the one you speak of. Would you care to discuss how you see them differently? Perhaps yours and mine may have some things in common. You and I have discovered to have some earthly things in common. Now let us see if perhaps we also have some heavenly things in common.

Let me start with the following premise which you will u ...[text shortened]... I tell you heavenly things?

Jesus Christ is the Word of God made flesh the promise of God that was told to Adam and Eve that through her seed would strike the serpent’s head. That throughout scripture one was foretold was coming, God in the flesh, and due to what was told to them a specific line of heritage was maintained kept for Jesus’ life historical heritage so we know who Jesus was. That was not done for anyone else but Jesus.

So God is One which means more than just Father, Son, and Holy Spirit being three persons in One Being, but also a perfect oneness of all of His attributes so that no one attribute suffers to satisfy another. There is none like the Lord, He is Holy which is not just His righteousness but that He is set apart.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
68d

@pettytalk said

Let me start with the following premise which you will u ...[text shortened]... I tell you heavenly things?

Body, soul and spirit we are living souls with a body.

Moves
68d

@kellyjay said
Jesus Christ is the Word of God made flesh the promise of God that was told to Adam and Eve that through her seed would strike the serpent’s head. That throughout scripture one was foretold was coming, God in the flesh, and due to what was told to them a specific line of heritage was maintained kept for Jesus’ life historical heritage so we know who Jesus was. That was not ...[text shortened]... here is none like the Lord, He is Holy which is not just His righteousness but that He is set apart.
I did not ask for a sermon, especially since I know that one by heart.

I simply asked you if you believe that you currently have a soul, as well as a body. It's not a trick question, I assure you.

Well, do you do believe you have a SOUL right now?

Moves
68d

@kellyjay said
Body, soul and spirit we are living souls with a body.
OK, disregard my previous post asking again on the soul.

Now that you say that you believe to be in the possession of a soul, besides the body, do you believe that other people also have a soul, besides their body?

To find more commonalty between us, would you agree that, based on your belief, that I too currently have a soul, as well as body?

I think best to just address one point at time in this kind of dialogue we are trying to have.

I'll await your answer.

Moves
68d

@divegeester said
Pearls?

I’m only asking you if you are a Christian!
If, if, if, if, if. If I were a Christian I would Ya ba dibba dibba dibba dibba dibba dibba dum. All day long I'd biddy biddy bum......

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
68d

@pettytalk said
OK, disregard my previous post asking again on the soul.

Now that you say that you believe to be in the possession of a soul, besides the body, do you believe that other people also have a soul, besides their body?

To find more commonalty between us, would you agree that, based on your belief, that I too currently have a soul, as well as body?

I think best to jus ...[text shortened]... ddress one point at time in this kind of dialogue we are trying to have.

I'll await your answer.
We are living souls that currently have a temporary existence in the form of a body. Not sure why you would think anyone would be any different from anyone else in their makeup.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
68d

@pettytalk said
I did not ask for a sermon, especially since I know that one by heart.

I simply asked you if you believe that you currently have a soul, as well as a body. It's not a trick question, I assure you.

Well, do you do believe you have a SOUL right now?
You asked why I thought the Jesus I believed in was different than yours. My explanation was clearly showing you who I believe He is and why I believe that, I assumed you would do the same for who Jesus is instead of accusing me of giving you a sermon. You believe Jesus is…?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
68d

@pettytalk said
If, if, if, if, if. If I were a Christian I would Ya ba dibba dibba dibba dibba dibba dibba dum. All day long I'd biddy biddy bum......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1TC1n9lhXU
I can see why you were called out for being a prick at UM.

I’ve never met a Christian who was embarrassed to say they were.

So clearly you aren’t one.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
68d

@pettytalk said
I'm thinking that neither of you understands the true value of the Pearl of Great Price.