1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '24 22:36
    @pettytalk said
    Wow, you must be another good nature meek Christian. I'll bet you will fight tooth and nail for the second amendment right to bear arms.

With all that wordy firepower coming out of your 'mouth' you must have used an automatic weapon to shoot me down.

Do me a favor, and keep up your ranting while wiggling your long ears, and swaying your tail.

Don't bother me. G ...[text shortened]... have to say. I don't recall having initiated a conversation with you.

Don't call, I'll call you!
    Making more friends PettyTalk?
  2. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    06 Mar '24 22:43
    @kellyjay said
    I am putting first things first, Jesus Christ is preeminent over all things created. Nothing was created except through Him, get Him wrong everything that follows will be in error.
    First things first, I think I was mistaken in first assuming you could think independently.

Forget everything that has been exchanged between us. Jesus could not have created everything, but for sure, indirectly, through wolves in sheep's clothing, many Christians have been created with big ears, big eyes, and big teeth.

Your Jesus, observing what has become of his teachings, a sham, would invent such a story.

"What great big ears you have, Grandma."
    "All the better to hear you with," the Wolf replied.
    "What great big eyes you have, Grandma."
    "All the better to see you with," the Wolf replied.
    "But Grandma, what a lovely great big furry coat you have on."
    "That's wrong!" cried Wolf. "Have you forgot to tell me what BIG TEETH I've got?"
    "Ah well, no matter what you say, I'm going to eat you anyway."

YouTube
  3. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    06 Mar '24 22:52
    @pettytalk said
    Wow, you must be another good nature meek Christian. I'll bet you will fight tooth and nail for the second amendment right to bear arms.

With all that wordy firepower coming out of your 'mouth' you must have used an automatic weapon to shoot me down.

Do me a favor, and keep up your ranting while wiggling your long ears, and swaying your tail.

Don't bother me. G ...[text shortened]... have to say. I don't recall having initiated a conversation with you.

Don't call, I'll call you!
    So cb are you going to explain your logic on the topic or run your mouth??? Lay it out there for us like you expect from everyone else here. I was very meek and much much more kind with but hole people as boy and young man. People have always been pricks or tough in groups and it does no good. As far as the other, yes, what kind of Christian are you😁👎.
  4. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    06 Mar '24 22:55
    @divegeester said
    Making more friends PettyTalk?
    I already have all the friends I need. I'm working on acquiring enough enemies to make it a fair fight. Right now, I'm only using my right hand. But I suppose you don't know which hand I'm using, since you don't know where you're going, unless someone uses hand signals.

You're up late again. The sky over the valley of the sun is cloudy at the moment, and in a couple of hours, it will provide a very nice sunset looking out my back door.

I'm starting to think that you may not be at the bottom of the barrel around here. I'm paying you a compliment.

YouTube
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Mar '24 23:31
    @pettytalk said
    First things first, I think I was mistaken in first assuming you could think independently.

Forget everything that has been exchanged between us. Jesus could not have created everything, but for sure, indirectly, through wolves in sheep's clothing, many Christians have been created with big ears, big eyes, and big teeth.

Your Jesus, observing what has become of his te ...[text shortened]... o matter what you say, I'm going to eat you anyway."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDDIK9aJ5OM
    The Jesus of your imagination is limited the One revealed in scripture is not. You can make it up anyway you want but it simply means it starts and ends with you.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '24 00:00
    @pettytalk said
    Right now, I'm only using my right hand.
    I bet!
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 Mar '24 09:45
    @pettytalk said
    I already have all the friends I need.
    Do you have one called Dave? Everybody needs a friend called Dave.
  8. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    07 Mar '24 12:27
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Do you have one called Dave? Everybody needs a friend called Dave.
    Funny you should say that. I have several friends named David, and my daughter's father-in-law is named Dave.

But if we ask KellyJay he'll say everyone needs a friend called Jesus. I had a friend named Jesus when I lived in Chicago. He left to go to New Orleans and then moved again to the West Coast. Sometimes I wonder how many posters here bear a real name of David or Jesus?

I have a Mexican friend here in Arizona who is named Jesus, and I had a coworker/friend from San Francisco who was also named Jesus. That makes 3 Hombres named Jesus, which have befriended me.

I'm up early this morning to watch the sunrise over the valley of the sun from my front porch, which faces east. What are the chances Dive is really Dave?

I don't suppose KellyJay listens to ZZ Top? But our sweet and inquisitive migratory Dive just might.

Perhaps we should change this thread's title to read: God and the Science of Music.

YouTube
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '24 13:14
    @pettytalk said
    Funny you should say that. I have several friends named David, and my daughter's father-in-law is named Dave.

But if we ask KellyJay he'll say everyone needs a friend called Jesus. I had a friend named Jesus when I lived in Chicago. He left to go to New Orleans and then moved again to the West Coast. Sometimes I wonder how many posters here bear a real name of David or ...[text shortened]... thread's title to read: God and the Science of Music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOoPWnnl4CE
    Just two mentions of me in this post by you.

I am disappointed.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 Mar '24 13:35
    @divegeester said

I am disappointed.
    Perhaps you would be more popular if you had a relaunch as Dave?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '24 13:46
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Perhaps you would be more popular if you had a relaunch as Dave?
    I got 6 mentions of my name in one post by pettytalk the other day.

The bar has been set!
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 Mar '24 13:55
    @divegeester said
    I got 6 mentions of my name in one post by pettytalk the other day.

The bar has been set!
    Well, if you're going for infamy.
  13. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    07 Mar '24 14:07
    @divegeester said

I am disappointed.
    You are slowly fading away from my thoughts. You are just a mirage. A virtual mirage in the virtual world-wide-web, where identity theft may take place. A world where some pretend to be what they are not.

Actually, I'm the mirage to you because you see me as being in Chicago. I'm still waiting for you to take me up on the bet. If not, you need to apologize.

Do you listen to Santana? This tune, 'Mirage,' was written and sung by a Christian singer and evangelist, Leon Patillo. It's on side two of the album Borboletta, and is preceded by the song, 'Practice What You Preach.' More Christians should listen to Santana.

YouTube
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Mar '24 14:08
    @pettytalk said

But if we ask KellyJay he'll say everyone needs a friend called Jesus. I had a friend named Jesus when I lived in Chicago. He left to go to New Orleans and then moved again to the West Coast. Sometimes I wonder how many posters here bear a real name of David or ...[text shortened]... thread's title to read: God and the Science of Music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOoPWnnl4CE
    I became a Christian in 1979, before that SuperTramp was my favorite rock group, now I listen to exclusively Christian music.
  15. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    07 Mar '24 14:26
    @kellyjay said
    I became a Christian in 1979, before that SuperTramp was my favorite rock group, now I listen to exclusively Christian music.
    Supertramp was your favorite? You're not kidding? It's one of my favorites too. And 'The Logical Song' is still high on my list of favorite songs. More in common.....

I actually consider their music to be the Gospel truth. Too bad you stopped listen to Rock. If Jesus had come today, I'm certain he would use many of the lyrics from Rock songs, to come up with some nice and meaningful parables, and comparisons.

Can you tell me who I am?

Jesus and his disciples went on to the villages around Caesarea Philippi. On the way he asked them, “Who do people say I am?”

They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, one of the prophets.”

“But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree