1. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    05 Mar '24 18:27
    @suzianne said
    I'm thinking that neither of you understands the true value of the Pearl of Great Price.
    Would you care to make us understand? Actually just me, because I know the UM scouting agent is not capable of understanding why I used one of Jesus' most profound use of pearls and pigs.

Let me hear your thoughts. And while you think how to explain it to me, I'll listen to this clip while I prepare myself to pay the price for this great pearl of understanding.

I'll play it at full volume just in case you live near me, in the Valley of The Son.

YouTube
  2. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    05 Mar '24 18:42
    @kellyjay said
    We are living souls that currently have a temporary existence in the form of a body. Not sure why you would think anyone would be any different from anyone else in their makeup.
    Just because I question you on your beliefs it does not mean it indicates that I'm questioning myself on the matter. And if you followed the questioning pattern you would have noted that it was precisely to get you to the point of having you agree on some common beliefs on the soul and body, which we certainly share, based on your reply and affirmation.

Let us see how far we can agree on the nature of the soul.

According to your belief, just what is a soul? How does it relate to the body?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '24 23:23
    @pettytalk said
    Just because I question you on your beliefs it does not mean it indicates that I'm questioning myself on the matter. And if you followed the questioning pattern you would have noted that it was precisely to get you to the point of having you agree on some common beliefs on the soul and body, which we certainly share, based on your reply and affirmation.

Let us see how f ...[text shortened]... ture of the soul.

According to your belief, just what is a soul? How does it relate to the body?
    Am I to take that you have complained I gave you a sermon on Jesus after you asked about Him, and so you are now, not going to explain what you think about Him from your point of view? The soul is you, your body holds it, and the spirit is life.
  4. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    06 Mar '24 00:36
    @kellyjay said
    Am I to take that you have complained I gave you a sermon on Jesus after you asked about Him, and so you are now, not going to explain what you think about Him from your point of view? The soul is you, your body holds it, and the spirit is life.
    Sorry for the delay, as I was out in the backyard pulling weeds coming though the rocks of the desert landscape portion of the yard.

Regarding our current discussion, it's like this. Your Jesus is well known around the world. although it's not a unified recognition. Whereas 'my' Jesus is not known at all, except by my really close friends. I should tell you that of friends (acquaintances) I have many, but of close friends, just a few.

Therefore, before we get to my Jesus we need to assure that we can come to some agreement on the nature of the soul. This has a bearing on my Jesus. I repeat, I had only asked you about the soul, and not asked you to describe to me the Jesus you believe in.

Let's retake our positions, and begin again here.

How do you describe the soul, as you understand it? Use any words that come to you, or have heard from others to which you agree.

For instance, Jesus made it a strong point to place a value on the soul, but he did not give any direct, and very little indirect description of what a soul is, in essence.

After we come to a common and mutual agreement of the nature of the soul, then we can proceed to the phases the soul goes through in coming into contact with a physical body.
  5. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    06 Mar '24 05:58
    @pettytalk said
    Sorry for the delay, as I was out in the backyard pulling weeds coming though the rocks of the desert landscape portion of the yard.

Regarding our current discussion, it's like this. Your Jesus is well known around the world. although it's not a unified recognition. Whereas 'my' Jesus is not known at all, except by my really close friends. I should tell you that of frie ...[text shortened]... then we can proceed to the phases the soul goes through in coming into contact with a physical body.
    After just now reading through your post here for the first time and putting little thought of you either way you seem to be a clown playing games.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Mar '24 07:351 edit
    @pettytalk said
    Would you care to make us understand? Actually just me, because I know the UM scouting agent is not capable of understanding why I used one of Jesus' most profound use of pearls and pigs.

Let me hear your thoughts. And while you think how to explain it to me, I'll listen to this clip while I prepare myself to pay the price for this great pearl of understanding.

I'll ...[text shortened]... n case you live near me, in the Valley of The Son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yvtMat2o5A
    Nope.

Per your use of that quote, I'm not a Teacher, and am woefully unqualified to make you understand anything, especially something you're not prepared to learn.

In fact, the only thing that seems clear at this juncture is that you seem unconcerned as to the Great Price of your Pearl, so thus I agree with the gist of your quote.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Mar '24 11:03
    @pettytalk said

Regarding our current discussion, it's like this. Your Jesus is well known around the world. although it's not a unified recognition. Whereas 'my' Jesus is not known at all, except by my really close friends. I should tell you that of frie ...[text shortened]... then we can proceed to the phases the soul goes through in coming into contact with a physical body.
    Your Jesus? Where did your Jesus come from, you? If your Jesus is self-generated what would anything including the soul have to do with anyone other than what you make it out to be?
  8. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    06 Mar '24 15:04
    @mike69 said
    After just now reading through your post here for the first time and putting little thought of you either way you seem to be a clown playing games.
    As long as I leave you laughing, I have earned my keep.

I have read a couple of your posts previously, but I refrained from making comments on them. I'm afraid the system would not allow me to post what I thought of them, and about your own profession. I may be playing the part, but you don't need to wear the clown's costume, nor put on any makeup.

Thanks for the compliment. Let me show you my appreciation by offering you a free ticket to the next show under the Big Top. The ticket comes with a free box of Cracker Jack.

In brief, I may seem, whereas, you are. And it's not a game... it's a show. I'm an artist, and you are just another face in the crowd trying to be.

I seriously doubt you can put thought on anything; you don't have what it takes.
  9. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    06 Mar '24 15:31
    @kellyjay said
    Your Jesus? Where did your Jesus come from, you? If your Jesus is self-generated what would anything including the soul have to do with anyone other than what you make it out to be?
    Let's stay on the agenda and on schedule. First things first. You were to give your belief on the essence of the soul. We have already agreed that all the living have one.

But since you seem to want to jump ahead; just to appease you and entice you to continue the discussion, I'll state that my Jesus comes from the same place yours does.

I can assure you, on no uncertain terms, that my Jesus did not come from me. My Jesus, a man, comes from heaven. The soul of man does, again, to be clear.

No one has ascended into heaven except the one who descended from heaven —the Son of Man.

Please, now tell me what you believe the soul to be, in essence?
  10. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    06 Mar '24 15:51
    @pettytalk said
    As long as I leave you laughing, I have earned my keep.

I have read a couple of your posts previously, but I refrained from making comments on them. I'm afraid the system would not allow me to post what I thought of them, and about your own profession. I may be playing the part, but you don't need to wear the clown's costume, nor put on any makeup.

Thanks for the comp ...[text shortened]... d trying to be.

I seriously doubt you can put thought on anything; you don't have what it takes.
    You seem a lot like the little spaceman Kev with his rocket ship and flashlight so he isn’t scared. Fire away big man or woman, just more bs from you. Be a whatever and spit out what you believe clown boy.
  11. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    06 Mar '24 15:52
    @suzianne said
    Nope.

Per your use of that quote, I'm not a Teacher, and am woefully unqualified to make you understand anything, especially something you're not prepared to learn.

In fact, the only thing that seems clear at this juncture is that you seem unconcerned as to the Great Price of your Pearl, so thus I agree with the gist of your quote.
    That's a cop-out. I clearly expressed my willingness to learn when I asked you to make me understand.

You took it upon yourself to assume I have no understanding of the biblical passage in question.

How did you come to assume that I and Dive don't have an understanding of what Jesus intended with pearls and swine?

Although you say you are not a teacher, you must have a student's understanding of the passage if you took the trouble to tell others that they don't understand it.

If you are not willing to teach me, at least share your understanding of the passage, and then show me how you determined that my non-understanding compares with your understanding.
  12. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    06 Mar '24 16:13
    @mike69 said
    You seem a lot like the little spaceman Kev with his rocket ship and flashlight so he isn’t scared. Fire away big man or woman, just more bs from you. Be a whatever and spit out what you believe clown boy.
    You are way out of my league for a fair competition on clown skills.

Put your name on the list, and when I have a few seconds to spare, I'll show you a trick or two. For now, take your seat in the bathroom and relieve yourself from all the flatulence your aggravation is causing. Don't forget the air freshener when you are done, as others like you may also need to relieve themselves.

Now, be a little good boy, and go and confess your sins. That ought to keep you busy for a week or two.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Mar '24 17:49
    @pettytalk said
    Let's stay on the agenda and on schedule. First things first. You were to give your belief on the essence of the soul. We have already agreed that all the living have one.

But since you seem to want to jump ahead; just to appease you and entice you to continue the discussion, I'll state that my Jesus comes from the same place yours does.

I can assure you, on no unce ...[text shortened]... ed from heaven —the Son of Man.

Please, now tell me what you believe the soul to be, in essence?
    I am putting first things first, Jesus Christ is preeminent over all things created. Nothing was created except through Him, get Him wrong everything that follows will be in error.
  14. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    06 Mar '24 20:12
    @pettytalk said
    You are way out of my league for a fair competition on clown skills.

Put your name on the list, and when I have a few seconds to spare, I'll show you a trick or two. For now, take your seat in the bathroom and relieve yourself from all the flatulence your aggravation is causing. Don't forget the air freshener when you are done, as others like you may also need to relieve ...[text shortened]... , be a little good boy, and go and confess your sins. That ought to keep you busy for a week or two.
    So you’re just going to spew dumb crap over and over here instead of stepping up and telling us what you believe in and how you got to whatever conclusions you did on the subject. No one owes you anything here as you’ve been answered on many questions, enough to start teaching us your great wisdom and knowledge. I can tell your nothing but a half a$$ smart, big mouth and coward that when push comes to shove your a little scared weasel. I’m busy right now but maybe I will spare you a few seconds if you actually say something intelligent fuk tard.
  15. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    06 Mar '24 22:21
    @mike69 said
    So you’re just going to spew dumb crap over and over here instead of stepping up and telling us what you believe in and how you got to whatever conclusions you did on the subject. No one owes you anything here as you’ve been answered on many questions, enough to start teaching us your great wisdom and knowledge. I can tell your nothing but a half a$$ smart, big mouth and cow ...[text shortened]... ght now but maybe I will spare you a few seconds if you actually say something intelligent fuk tard.
    Wow, you must be another good nature meek Christian. I'll bet you will fight tooth and nail for the second amendment right to bear arms.

With all that wordy firepower coming out of your 'mouth' you must have used an automatic weapon to shoot me down.

Do me a favor, and keep up your ranting while wiggling your long ears, and swaying your tail.

Don't bother me. Go away and go look for someone who would really care for anything you may have to say. I don't recall having initiated a conversation with you.

Don't call, I'll call you!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree