1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Oct '18 14:391 edit
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Oct '18 14:453 edits
    LOl, See how quickly I broke my own rule ?
    Look guys - ALLLLL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. (Rom. 3:23)

That is a basis for the good news of the Savior of all, Jesus.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Oct '18 14:481 edit
    @FMF

I don't call sonship "jaywill".

Thanks FMF.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Oct '18 17:132 edits
    @sonship said
    LOl, See how quickly I broke my own rule ?
    Look guys - ALLLLL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. (Rom. 3:23)

That is a basis for the good news of the Savior of all, Jesus.
    What you call "the basis of the good news" is antithetical to the "good news" preached by Jesus during His ministry:

John 8
    "34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin."
    " 31 ...If you abide in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”

John 12 
    46 “I have come as Light into the world, so that everyone who believes in Me will not remain in darkness. 
    50 “I know that His commandment is eternal life; therefore the things I speak, I speak just as the Father has told Me.” 
    48 “He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day. 

John 15
    3“You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you
  5. Joined
    19 Jul '18
    Moves
    31 Oct '18 04:31
    @chaney3
    The steps as originally written (and preserved) are written in a language that is a product of the time. AA has evolved. But the “god” referenced is “god” as you understand that term. It is, however, pretty universally acknowledged in the rooms that your “higher power” is your business—even if it’s just the collective intelligence of the group, or your own innate “Buddha nature” or whatever actually works for you. If it doesn’t work, it isn’t yours.

I doubt that you have ever gotten an argument about the nature of your chosen “higher power” in any cross talk in a meeting. If you did, go to another group. Your insistence here implies that either you just don’t know from experience what you’re talking about—or you want an excuse.

If you’ve achieved sobriety by other means, then well-done for you. Sincerely. AA is not the only way out of alcohol addiction.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Oct '18 04:35
    @chalen said
    @chaney3
    The steps as originally written (and preserved) are written in a language that is a product of the time. AA has evolved. But the “god” referenced is “god” as you understand that term. It is, however, pretty universally acknowledged in the rooms that your “higher power” is your business—even if it’s just the collective intelligence of the group, or your own innate “ ...[text shortened]... y other means, then well-done for you. Sincerely. AA is not the only way out of alcohol addiction.
    Well-said.
  7. Joined
    06 Nov '18
    Moves
    06 Nov '18 06:35

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree