@badradger said
    I care
    3 thumbs down is what you get for caring around here 😉
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 12:493 edits
    @ThinkOfOne

Of course GoaD was worthless as usual. Have to wonder about his competency at his purported line of work.

First of all, if you were addressing me, I know something about AA. (Higher power and all) A primer from you is not necessary.

Secondly, thanks for showing your true colors at last, your utter contempt for God. You do conceal yourself for long periods. But the mask does slip occasionally.

"During His ministry ..." indeed.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 13:471 edit
    @thinkofone said
    Chaney referenced step 3 in AA and I simply pasted that step into the thread. That's the only post I've made here.

Exactly. Your post was not at all helpful for C3. It was worthless.

But yes, I am very good at the work I do.

No doubt you imagine you are. As you way oversold your knowledge of Christianity and spirituality in general, you've way overso ...[text shortened]... d to imagine your contribution would be much more than that of a glorified administrative assistant.
    The link was for sonship's benefit. (Who had asked for a quote).

Do try and keep up.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 14:311 edit
    @chaney3 said
    AA tells you that only God can help you get sober. Meaning that God takes an active role.

I don't buy it.
    Christ says that sin shackles us into slavery. You end up feeling compelled to do certain things you hate.

He also said that those whom the Son sets free is free indeed.

Does this mean that to end drinking you need Christ to do it?

I don't think that is what is being said here.

Do I think Christ can set people free from it?

Absolutely.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 14:58
    Steps 1 & 2 tell you that you've lost "power" when it comes to drinking, and that you need a "power" greater than yourself to restore your sanity. This "power" is usually God, and He must clearly take an active role in your sobriety, or you are doomed.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 15:28
    @chaney3 said
    Steps 1 & 2 tell you that you've lost "power" when it comes to drinking, and that you need a "power" greater than yourself to restore your sanity. This "power" is usually God, and He must clearly take an active role in your sobriety, or you are doomed.
    if god wanted us sober why did he invent Lager.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 15:34
    @badradger said
    if god wanted us sober why did he invent Lager.
    All I'm saying is that most people don't know how much of a role God is supposed to play in one's sobriety, regarding AA.

If we could get sober without God, we wouldn't need AA or its steps, we would just do it ourselves.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 15:38
    @chaney3 said
    All I'm saying is that most people don't know how much of a role God is supposed to play in one's sobriety, regarding AA.

If we could get sober without God, we wouldn't need AA or its steps, we would just do it ourselves.
    I manage to give up the booze every night around kicking out time.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 15:40
    @badradger said
    I manage to give up the booze every night around kicking out time.
    You post a lot.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 16:181 edit
    @sonship said
    @ThinkOfOne

Of course GoaD was worthless as usual. Have to wonder about his competency at his purported line of work.

First of all, if you were addressing me, I know something about AA. (Higher power and all) A primer from you is not necessary.

Secondly, thanks for showing your true colors at last, your utter contempt for God. You do conceal yourself for long periods. But the mask does slip occasionally.

"During His ministry ..." indeed.

But of course, I wasn't addressing you. I was addressing C3. Based on C3's OP, a primer was necessary for HIM. Not everything is about you jaywill though given your self-centered and self-serving system of beliefs, it makes sense that you might think so.

In your mind explaining Step 3 to C3 shows an "utter contempt for God"? Sometimes I really have to wonder about you jaywill
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 16:29
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

Do try and keep up.

Let's see:

1) Your first post on this thread was a "reply and quote" to sonship

2) Your first post on this thread contained no link

3) Your first post to me says in part, "Chaney referenced step 3 in AA and I simply pasted that step into the thread. That's the only post I've made here". There you've explicitly referenced C3 as the person to whom you were responding.

Posts like your latest only serve to underscore the following:
    As you way oversold your knowledge of Christianity and spirituality in general, you've way oversold whatever role you may have in your purported line of work. Hard to imagine your contribution would be much more than that of a glorified administrative assistant.

You keep showing that you lack the wherewithal to contribute much else.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 16:34
    @thinkofone said
    Chaney referenced step 3 in AA and I simply pasted that step into the thread. That's the only post I've made here.

Exactly. Your post was not at all helpful for C3. It was worthless.

But yes, I am very good at the work I do.

No doubt you imagine you are. As you way oversold your knowledge of Christianity and spirituality in general, you've way overso ...[text shortened]... d to imagine your contribution would be much more than that of a glorified administrative assistant.
    Sonship asks Chaney, "Can you quote me from some standard AA publication in which they state an official position that ONLY God can help an alcoholic sober?"

Chaney answers, "Step 3 specifically."

For sonship's benefit, I immediately elaborate on Chaney's post with an explanation of Step 3.

Only a simp wouldn't follow that.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 16:40
    If anyone thinks that God's assistance is not required in one's sobriety, according to AA and the 12 steps, then they are ignorant of what those steps are.

Otherwise, one could merely get sober on their own.
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 16:46
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Sonship asks Chaney, "Can you quote me from some standard AA publication in which they state an official position that ONLY God can help an alcoholic sober?"

Chaney answers, "Step 3 specifically."

For sonship's benefit, I immediately elaborate on Chaney's post with an explanation of Step 3.

Only a simp wouldn't follow that.
    That might make sense except for the following facts:

1) Your first post on this thread was a "reply and quote" to sonship

2) Your first post to me says in part, "Chaney referenced step 3 in AA and I simply pasted that step into the thread. That's the only post I've made here". There you've explicitly referenced C3 as the person to whom you were responding.

Your posts continue to serve to underscore the following as you continue to fail to make logical sense:
    As you way oversold your knowledge of Christianity and spirituality in general, you've way oversold whatever role you may have in your purported line of work. Hard to imagine your contribution would be much more than that of a glorified administrative assistant.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 17:23
    @ThinkOfOne

But of course, I wasn't addressing you. I was addressing C3. Based on C3's OP, a primer was necessary for HIM. Not everything is about you jaywill though given your self-centered and self-serving system of beliefs, it makes sense that you might think so.

"If" means it was not indicated who your post was addressed to. I saw no addressee.

It just started -
    Since no one else seems to be able to give you a reasonable explanation, I will.

So I said "If you are talking to me".

The rest of the paragraph is bluster.

Me:

In your mind explaining Step 3 to C3 shows an "utter contempt for God"? Sometimes I really have to wonder about you jaywill

The comment about your contempt for God was in response to this you wrote:

Excuse me if I got the context wrong.
    Do not excuse me for pointing out that you have contempt for God anyway ... not acknowledging God incarnate in Christ or His resurrection from His redemptive death.

Same difference - Contempt for God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree