God Condoned Chattel Slavery

God Condoned Chattel Slavery

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
29 Mar 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
It makes me wonder if you never say anything mean to anyone's faces and you just take out all this passive aggression here at a rate of like 40-50 posts a day.
It's more like 20-25 posts a day. And if your reference to saying things to people's faces is you yet again trying to invite yourself here to where I live to have a holiday with me, then I am still not interested.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Mar 18

Originally posted by @freakykbh
How else does someone dismiss the Bible like you do in the face of such demonstrable proofs of its relevance throughout history, including now?
Perhaps the same way like to pretend the earth is flat in the face of demonstrable proofs.

S. Korea

Moves
29 Mar 18

Originally posted by @fmf
It's more like 20-25 posts a day. And if your reference to saying things to people's faces is you yet again trying to invite yourself here to where I live to have a holiday with me, then I am still not interested.
Oh geez, bro, calm yourself.

I have intended to visit Indonesia for several years now because it I suspect it isn't as raunchy as the Philippines or Thailand and I haven't gone. I also have a friend who lives in Jakarta.

Let us also remember that in the context that was given... I was being frandly.

S. Korea

Moves
29 Mar 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Thanks for your suggestion. If you need to calm yourself between posts, like you say, then you do that. There is nothing wrong with you wanting to contribute to a better forum.
I have just started to do it.

You attack people on the internet and hold random things they've said against them over a pretty significant period of time.

I do not think that is desirable behavior for anyone.

F

Moves
29 Mar 18

I have just started to do it.

You attack people on the internet and hold random things they've said against them over a pretty significant period of time.

I do not think that is desirable behavior for anyone.
Thanks for your additional observations and suggestions.

F

Moves
29 Mar 18

I have intended to visit Indonesia for several years now because it I suspect it isn't as raunchy as the Philippines or Thailand and I haven't gone. I also have a friend who lives in Jakarta. Let us also remember that in the context that was given... I was being frandly.
Why on earth do you think we would meet up?

T

Moves
29 Mar 18
1 edit

This:

[b]In the above passage God is depicted as clearly and unambiguously condoning chattel slavery.

What's interesting is the number of Christians who feel compelled to defend God condoning chattel slavery when faced with this.

Why not simply assert that the depiction of God condoning chattel slavery by the Jews was wrong since it is antithe ...[text shortened]... gitimacy of that portion fo the Bible and deny that God ever had these plans for the Israelites.
In what way is what you quoted a " misconception of how slavery functioned and how it is 'supposed to' function or some such"?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
29 Mar 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Perhaps the same way like to pretend the earth is flat in the face of demonstrable proofs.
If you want to discuss geometric properties, you should start a separate thread on all of these proofs.

S. Korea

Moves
29 Mar 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
In what way is what you quoted a " misconception of how slavery functioned and how it is 'supposed to' function or some such"?
I think the contemporary view on slavery is too dismissive if past realities,so people act like it was the worst imaginable scenario.

What's your objection with what I'm saying?

T

Moves
29 Mar 18
3 edits

I think the contemporary view on slavery is too dismissive if past realities,so people act like it was the worst imaginable scenario.

What's your objection with what I'm saying?
How what you quoted in and of itself could reasonably be termed a " misconception of how slavery functioned and how it is 'supposed to' function or some such"? It's a non-sequitur. What you quoted says nothing of "how slavery functioned" or "how it is 'supposed to' function". As such, how can it reasonably be termed a "misconception" of either?

A while back you had said something to the effect that you aren't very smart. I still believe you.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
30 Mar 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
Slavery is wrong. Slavery has always been wrong. Slavery will always be wrong.

Leviticus 25
44“ ‘Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. 45You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. 46 ...[text shortened]... doning chattel slavery by the Jews was wrong since it is antithetical to the teachings of Jesus?
"Slavery is wrong. Slavery has always been wrong. Slavery will always be wrong."

"In the above passage God is depicted as clearly and unambiguously condoning chattel slavery."

You must be suffering from some sort of ambiguous mental disorder. You state that slavery is wrong, and then state that God condones slavery.

Thanks for letting us know how much smarter than God you are.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Mar 18

I have intended to visit Indonesia for several years now because it I suspect it isn't as raunchy as the Philippines or Thailand and I haven't gone. I also have a friend who lives in Jakarta.
Looks like Jacob is coming over to see you FMF...

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Mar 18

... I was being frandly.
We are all frandly here Jacob.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Mar 18

Frandly is as frandly does.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Mar 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @freakykbh
If you want to discuss geometric properties, you should start a separate thread on all of these proofs.
Ooh no thanks, your immense intellect and flat-earth factoids will overpower me in seconds.