1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Feb '10 17:14
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Hi🙂

You need no herbs; just get lotus/ semi-lotus at the seven-point Vairacona if you are trained, or sit comfortably, steady your mind with slow regular breaths and focus on the breath till you sense reasonable steadiness of mind. Observe your mind and notice whatever is happening within it. In the beginning there will be thoughts because this is t ...[text shortened]... cate humbly all pleasant sights for the liberation of all beings.

May All Beings Be Happy
    😵
    I have a very sore back from sitting upright for so long day after day.
    My take on meditation is that I'm trying to get to a state where I'm meditating all the time. I try to keep one part of my attention centered and "inward looking" at all times. During any activity.
    As for sitting in a lotus postion, I do this sporadically and not regurlarly. I find a less structured approach better for my overall disposition.
    I have spent many a day, week and even month meditating in the past. I have spent 10 days sitting on a beach, for example. It nearly drove me crazy and I needed to find a more 'balanced' appraoach to meditation.

I know I need no herbs. I know whats wrong with me-I'm painfully aware of my deficiencies at nearly every hour of the day. But what can I do? The middle path for me is one where I eventually get bored with the outer peripheries of my past trappings and get over my vices once and for all. There is just no point in trying to kid myself, trying to make out I'm something I'm not.
    I hope this helps in providing you with a basic outline of what I call my "spiritual practice". Any furthur advice is always welcome.
    Thank You.
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    02 Feb '10 18:39
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I have a very sore back from sitting upright for so long day after day.
    My take on meditation is that I'm trying to get to a state where I'm meditating all the time. I try to keep one part of my attention centered and "inward looking" at all times. During any activity.
    As for sitting in a lotus postion, I do this sporadically and not regurlarly. I fin ...[text shortened]... at I call my "spiritual practice". Any furthur advice is always welcome.
    Thank You.
    No advice; you 'll get no direction from me;

Be well😵
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    02 Feb '10 18:42
    Any furthur advice is always welcome.
    Thank You.
    Tried tai chi?
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Feb '10 19:40
    Originally posted by black beetle
    No advice; you 'll get no direction from me;

Be well😵
    I gotta admit I've been in a kinda troubled mindset since my last post here. I realize that this is part of my ego dying. Its trying to find any excuse to convince me to act conrary to how I know I should act.
    The path is simple, I know. I've been preparing my whole life for this and have basically thrown away all worldy assets, including any reputation I may have built up, as part of my preparation for this Great Moment.
    My time here on rhp has been in direct contrast to much of my life previous to this. I really didn't have much technology in my life up until the sttart of last year. I have jumped in , like I do with all things , without any heed to caution or holding back. I'm going to remain a controversial character at best on here and in real life.
    I just wanted to let you guys know that I've valued all your inputs from time to time and that no matter what , I will find the strength and courage to finally make it over this last hurdle. Thank you all again🙂
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Feb '10 19:47
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Tried tai chi?
    Whats the go with tai chi ? I mean I have my own understanding but I would like to hear your take. For example is all tai chi the same? Or are there different kinds, as there is with yoga?
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Feb '10 20:55
    Tried tai chi?
    Actually now that my memory's kicked into gear, I have done a bit of tai chi-style exercises, but I didn't have a teacher or anything. I just kinda made it up.
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 00:08
    Its not a drug per se. It actually just releases whats already there.
    This particurlar "drug" has a category all of its own. Its not a halucinogen. Its legal . And, as the name infers, its for those that want to "divine" themselves. (Find the divinity within them).
    Please dont judge what you dont understand, for this little plant has tremendous power ...[text shortened]... outed from people getting high. And imo, eastern spirituality craps all over christianity.
    Anything ingested via the digestive system which is not food and modifies the body's chemistry is a drug.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 00:58
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Anything ingested via the digestive system which is not food and modifies the body's chemistry is a drug.
    oxygen is your first drug.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 01:17
    oxygen is your first drug.
    Do you know what a digestive system is?
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 01:57
    Actually now that my memory's kicked into gear, I have done a bit of tai chi-style exercises, but I didn't have a teacher or anything. I just kinda made it up.
    Give me that Tai Chi life
    With the gently flowing motion,
    Every move the same devotion,
    Oriental magic potion...

--Mose Allison
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 06:39
    Do you know what a digestive system is?
    Dont worry, dude. Yes I know what a digestive system is...
  12. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 06:00
    Do you eat pot ... ?
  13. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 08:09
    Do you eat pot ... ?
    Pottie nam-nam😵
  14. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 08:511 edit
    Whats the go with tai chi ? I mean I have my own understanding but I would like to hear your take. For example is all tai chi the same? Or are there different kinds, as there is with yoga?
    There are various forms but probably you would benefit from the simplified 23-step form devised 'for Westerners'. It's far from simple but you can get moving from the start -- and the movement is the thing. For someone like you with ants in his pants, it's better than assiduously cultivating the lotus lumbago.

But find a group -- you can't do it by yourself and the social aspect may well also be something you could use.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 09:48
    There are various forms but probably you would benefit from the simplified 23-step form devised 'for Westerners'. It's far from simple but you can get moving from the start -- and the movement is the thing. For someone like you with ants in his pants, it's better than assiduously cultivating the lotus lumbago.

But find a group -- you can't do it by yourself and the social aspect may well also be something you could use.
    Thank you Bosse. Yes I am the "ants in my pants" sort. Lol-(very sad really).

As usual, with all good recommendations, I will remain open to it. If it comes along, I'll be there.
    I've tried to live according to a more "feminine" principal lately, in the sense that I'm trying to react to stuff that comes along , rather than actively pursuing stuff.
    (Not that I'm losing my masculine tendencies or anything).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree