1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Feb '10 22:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    how do you know it was not an aural hallucination? in the past i have taken copious amounts of LSD for days on end and have never had an entity speak to me. Yes my perceptions were drastically changed, but a third party, no never. Nor would I advise others to take the chemical path to enlightenment, its artificial and transient.
    Indeed, good question. I have had so many trippy experiences,(sooooo many), both chemically induced and not,(about 50/50), that I think I know the difference between aural hallucinations and real other entities. Now you may well scoff and I would be left dangling because I would have no way of backing myself up other than to say I experienced it.
    For example I dont think you are a hallucination,(in the tradionally accepted meaning of the word), for you carry the hallmarks of a bone fide third party.
    Similary with some dreams, they are so new and obviously not a by-product of past thoughts and/or memories that one can only conclude that they are being 'sent' to the dreamer from an outside scource.

This seems to be a recurring problem in life. Even though my use of hallucigens has stopped over 12 years ago,(I'm 35), I get called a promoter of drugs. Even though I have never sold drugs I have been tarred with the "drug pusher" brush.
    Buckky asked a question. I tried to respond truthfully.
    Now I really dont know buckky and I admit I could be way off with my suggestion but wouldn't you agree that for SOME people,(chronic alcoholics, wife beaters ,junkies,etc.), that a hit of lsd or perhaps a puff of diviners sage could be helpful? For there have indeed been alcoholics that have undergone lsd therapy, and the results were generally quite positive.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '10 02:353 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Indeed, good question. I have had so many trippy experiences,(sooooo many), both chemically induced and not,(about 50/50), that I think I know the difference between aural hallucinations and real other entities. Now you may well scoff and I would be left dangling because I would have no way of backing myself up other than to say I experienced it.
    For alcoholics that have undergone lsd therapy, and the results were generally quite positive.
    i would not scoff at another's experience, there is no point for no one can confirm or deny it, its personal. As a believer in the spiritual realm also one cannot discount the intervention of spiritual entities, however, whether these entities are beneficial or not is another question. What does seem apparent is that a mind under the influence of drugs is open to suggestion (when we take LSD for example, the hallucinations that we experience tend to be suggested to the mind by an outside source, for example we can be looking at a gravel path and the path starts to flow like a river. This is not the mind suggesting something to itself, its from an outside source that is being interpreted in a specific way), thus it may be dangerous to put oneself under this influence. Depending on the dosage and the type, i recall that in many instances what happened was a heightened awareness of ones surroundings and oneself, thus rather than being unable to control ones senses as when one is drunk, quite the opposite was true, one was in perfect control and very conscious of what one did and said.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Feb '10 10:55
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i would not scoff at another's experience, there is no point for no one can confirm or deny it, its personal. As a believer in the spiritual realm also one cannot discount the intervention of spiritual entities, however, whether these entities are beneficial or not is another question. What does seem apparent is that a mind under the influence of d ...[text shortened]... the opposite was true, one was in perfect control and very conscious of what one did and said.
    I wouldn't totally scoff at other' experiences. Things can be backed up by your own experiences,books or other info. At some point you've got to play your cards, you cant sit on the fence forever. (I'm not necessarily accusing you of this). I'd rather make a decision and go through with the consequences , (and posssibly realize I was wrong), than wait in limbo.
    The description you give of the lsd trip is just one example. Really there are a host of other 'heightened' experiences that can be had.
    Anyway I've seen no clear evidence not to think that what I've experienced has not been true. I realize I cant really convince others of this. Its really not that important for me to be validated by others. I just get saddened when people dont even bother listening. After all I listetened to them. Peace be with you Robbie.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree