1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 09:52
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Thank you Bosse. Yes I am the "ants in my pants" sort. Lol-(very sad really).

As usual, with all good recommendations, I will remain open to it. If it comes along, I'll be there.
    I've tried to live according to a more "feminine" principal lately, in the sense that I'm trying to react to stuff that comes along , rather than actively pursuing stuff.
    (Not that I'm losing my masculine tendencies or anything).
    If you adopt a feminine stance you will attract a host of admirers.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 10:03
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    If you adopt a feminine stance you will attract a host of admirers.
    And also a host of detractors??
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 10:07
    And also a host of detractors??
    Sometimes they coincide.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Feb '10 03:45
    I haven't been able to sleep and this post kept coming in my mind and I kept thinking "if Buckky really wants to experience so-called God Conciousness then he should try Diviners Sage."
    Its legal and can be found on the internet or a "Happy Highs" shop.
    If you do go down this path,(which comes highly recomended and with a five star guarantee),please a ...[text shortened]... furthur guidance.
    I read 40 pages about the stuff before I did it. It was well worth it..
    Effects
    Most people perceive a small dose as clearing the mind and impairing coordination. Many find a small dose useful for meditation or simply being in the world. Consciousness is retained until the very highest doses, but body control, awareness of externalities, and individual personality disappear at modest ones. Large doses have more dramatic effects. Taking a moderate to large dose (which requires smoking an extract of Salvinorin-A) induces a trancelike state, in which the user may experience fully formed visions of other places, people, and events. "Bad trips" are rare but do happen. The effects do not last long relative to other recreational drugs, with the main parts lasting only 5 minutes. Salvia seems to not effect about one in ten people.

The active constituent is believed to be a chemical called salvinorin-a, C23H28O8. Its presence in the body is not detectable by current drug tests. It appears not to habituate. In fact, with experience, some gain a reverse tolerance, where less is more.

Salvinorin is best taken as a vapor using a very small quantity of leaf through a vaporizer, but only if the potentcy of leaf is known and the leaf can be accurately weighed. Otherwise, the dried leaves may be smoked in a water pipe - three strong hits, held as long as possible within three minutes. A butane torch lighter is preferred, as the activation temperature required to release salvinorin from the plant cells is very high. Extract of highly concentrated salvinorin may be taken sublingually or smoked. This drug is not to party or socialize or get high; in fact, while under the influence most people tend to find external stimuli distracting. Salvia can be a very powerful tool for exploration of spiritual elsewhere and elsewhen.

Salvia seems to have somewhat of a dissasociative effect, and like other dissasociatives, hallucinations are percieved most often only in a dark room or closed eye environment.

It's a drug.
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 Feb '10 04:34
    Its not a drug per se. It actually just releases whats already there.
    This particurlar "drug" has a category all of its own. Its not a halucinogen. Its legal . And, as the name infers, its for those that want to "divine" themselves. (Find the divinity within them).
    Please dont judge what you dont understand, for this little plant has tremendous power ...[text shortened]... outed from people getting high. And imo, eastern spirituality craps all over christianity.
    When I said Mary Jane...... I was just trying to be funny 😉
    Plants are powerful really a gift from God no doubt.

Manny
  6. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    05 Feb '10 05:021 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    There are various forms but probably you would benefit from the simplified 23-step form devised 'for Westerners'. It's far from simple but you can get moving from the start -- and the movement is the thing. For someone like you with ants in his pants, it's better than assiduously cultivating the lotus lumbago.

But find a group -- you can't do it by yourself and the social aspect may well also be something you could use.
    Well said. I studied with two teachers, one short-term, one a couple of years. The second school was very traditional (Yang style). I had completed the short form, but the second half was still in the “where do I step again?” stages. We moved and I had to leave; and there is not another school nearby (that has been 10 years ago now). Despite my best intentions, I gradually quit; we had moved to an old place in the country, and there was so much work to do…etc., etc.

I have an old back injury, and all the time that I did tai chi, it didn’t bother me. Then, after a couple years not doing tai chi, I re-injured my back. Then I did it again. And again. (A torn and re-torn ligament, that likely will never knit properly now).

So, I started up tai chi practice again—but I soon realized that I had forgotten so much. There were movements that I couldn’t remember at all, and some that I knew just weren’t right when I tried them (and had no one to give me correction). So I got books, and began to cobble together a small-circle form that includes both classic tai chi and chi gung movements. And that is what I now do. Every once in awhile, I’ll work to expand it a bit; but the base is there. As a circle form, I do it first one way round, then the other (left and right sides for everything).

I can now do it without thinking, and sometimes I find that the form is just “doing itself”. If I start to think, I find that I start to speed up, rather than moving and breathing slowly and deeply—so it’s a kind of self-monitoring meditative exercise in that way. I do it every morning, and sometimes more often; I’ll do bits of chi gung throughout the day, especially if I’ve been sedentary, or if I start to stiffen up after things like splitting and stacking wood.

But, if nothing else, if one is sedentary, one should stretch (any way the body wants to stretch, without forcing; and without imposing any movements that one has not studied well) as often as possible. Ultimately, that’s what a lot of chi gung is based on (at the physical level).

Has tai chi healed my back? No. Does it help to keep me from re-injuring it? Yes. Also, it’s just a good mind-body meditative exercise. I started quite late: around 40 or so; wish I had started earlier.

[NOTE: If you do it without a teacher (or even with) be careful especially of the knees. There are movements that, if not done properly, can cause injury. I was fortunate to have teachers who stressed that.]
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Feb '10 06:03
    Originally posted by josephw
    Effects
    Most people perceive a small dose as clearing the mind and impairing coordination. Many find a small dose useful for meditation or simply being in the world. Consciousness is retained until the very highest doses, but body control, awareness of externalities, and individual personality disappear at modest ones. Large doses have more dramatic effects ...[text shortened]... ns are percieved most often only in a dark room or closed eye environment.

It's a drug.
    What I was trying to get at was that the mind can experience these things without Diviners sage-it just seems to kick along the potential that is already there. In this sense it is not the drug causing the trip, just the brain operating on higher levels
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Feb '10 06:05
    Originally posted by menace71
    When I said Mary Jane...... I was just trying to be funny 😉
    Plants are powerful really a gift from God no doubt.

Manny
    Yes there have been receptor sites found in the brain and in the spleen, apparently. If God didn't want us to take these things then why the receptor sites?
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    05 Feb '10 12:11
    Yes there have been receptor sites found in the brain and in the spleen, apparently. If God didn't want us to take these things then why the receptor sites?
    That is a very interesting question.

I imagine the creationist response would be something along the lines of 'God put them there to test our faith'.

Another interesting question would be to ask - Why have we evolved these receptors? Maybe that's for the science forum though.

The 'daddy' of all hallucinogenic properties has to go to - Dimethyltryptamine (DMT)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimethyltryptamine#Pharmacology

For reasons as of yet unknown the human body creates very small doses of DMT during normal metabolism.

In a study conducted from 1990 through 1995, University of New Mexico psychiatrist Rick Strassman found that many volunteers injected with high doses of DMT had experiences with a perceived alien entity. Usually, the reported entities were experienced as the inhabitants of a perceived independent reality the subjects reported visiting while under the influence of DMT.

In a September, 2009, interview with Examiner.com, Strassman described the effects on participants in the study: "A slew of biological markers went up in a dose-dependent manner when we administered pure intravenous DMT to a group of healthy experienced hallucinogen users – including prolactin, cortisol, beta-endorphin, heart rate, body temperature, oxytocin, core temperature. We also developing a new rating scale to quantify the subjective effects, based on Buddhist psychology, and this was quite sensitive and efficient. Subjectively, the most interesting results were that high doses of DMT seemed to allow the consciousness of our volunteers to enter into non-corporeal, free-standing, independent realms of existence inhabited by beings of light who oftentimes were expecting the “volunteers,” and with whom the volunteers interacted. While “typical” near-death and mystical states occurred, they were relatively rare."
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Feb '10 22:41
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    That is a very interesting question.

I imagine the creationist response would be something along the lines of 'God put them there to test our faith'.

Another interesting question would be to ask - Why have we evolved these receptors? Maybe that's for the science forum though.

The 'daddy' of all hallucinogenic properties has to go to - Dimethylt ...[text shortened]... While “typical” near-death and mystical states occurred, they were relatively rare."[/i]
    Diviners sage is like DMT. Trust me.
  11. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    06 Feb '10 07:52
    Diviners sage is like DMT. Trust me.
    Once you achieve the view your satori, Child of a noble family karoly aczel with ants in your pants, will be like TNT
    😵
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Feb '10 08:12
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Once you achieve the view your satori, Child of a noble family karoly aczel with ants in your pants, will be like TNT
    😵
    Yeah , interestingly (for me at least) , when I first got high of acid an entered different realms I was told by an entity that I should be able to get there without drugs. Sure enough , I did get there without drugs .

These experiences felt so freeky to begin with , but as I got used to the alternate realites, and my fear subsided , I could stay there much longer, have more control and exercise my will more freely.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Feb '10 08:13
    Originally posted by black beetle
    😵
    Oh, and thank you, and may everything that is good and pure come to you, unceasingly , and without any adulteration.
  14. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    06 Feb '10 18:40
    Oh, and thank you, and may everything that is good and pure come to you, unceasingly , and without any adulteration.
    I thank you too; enjoy your personal way😵
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '10 20:362 edits
    Yeah , interestingly (for me at least) , when I first got high of acid an entered different realms I was told by an entity that I should be able to get there without drugs. Sure enough , I did get there without drugs .

These experiences felt so freeky to begin with , but as I got used to the alternate realites, and my fear subsided , I could stay there much longer, have more control and exercise my will more freely.
    how do you know it was not an aural hallucination? in the past i have taken copious amounts of LSD for days on end and have never had an entity speak to me. Yes my perceptions were drastically changed, but a third party, no never. Nor would I advise others to take the chemical path to enlightenment, its artificial and transient.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree