Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 10:103 edits
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    I don't

I try to tell things as accurately and relevantly as possible
    I don't

That is very noble and good that you try to tell the truth.
    Many of us try.

But the fact is that though we try and desire to do the good, SOMETHING drags us down. Something in us overpowers our good intention.

Now it is so EASY to lie it is unbelievable.

You exaggerate a bit. It should be classified as lying.

You withhold some part of information to gain advantage.
    It approaches lying. I'm sorry.

You sometime speak according to what your opinion is, ie,
    "Oh, he's always that way!"
    It should be classified as lying.

If you are attentive and sensative you may be surprised to realize HOW MUCH you actually twist, munipulate, misrepresent the truth.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 10:124 edits
    RBHILL, I think is right. We all lie.
    Every person lies.

Too many Newspapers with photographs LIE.
    They have a headline and SELECT a photograph which appears to represent the headline. The actual photograph may be of something totally unrelated to their headline. But the EDITORS decide that the posture, the expression, the scene brings out what the headline is trying to say.

I think it should be classified as lying, It is a fake bringing together of the visual and the opinion to give the most convincing appearance.

There is much fake munipulation in News Papers with photographs almost every day.

But it is noble that you TRY to tell the truth.
    Sin in your nature drags you down from what you delight to do in your better conscience.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 13:12
    Originally posted by @sonship
    I don't

That is very noble and good that you try to tell the truth.
    Many of us try.

But the fact is that though we try and desire to do the good, SOMETHING drags us down. Something in us overpowers our good intention.

Now it is so EASY to lie it is unbeliev ...[text shortened]... you may be surprised to realize HOW MUCH you actually twist, munipulate, misrepresent the truth.
    Christians, according to their theology, are able to tell themselves they are "forgiven" for lying, right?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 13:203 edits
    Misunderstood the question.

Ya know, the old reading comprehension thing.

Do you really want my reply ?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 13:21
    No. want to try again?

If I jump down a window yelling "I AM NOT FALLING!" that may be lying if in fact I am plunging down to the ground.

If I am rescued from jumping out of that window and say in relief "I am NOT falling" that is the truth.

If Christ has come into me I may say "I am forgiven of my past sins" that is not wishful thinking. That is ...[text shortened]... n that it is hard sometimes to know where one ends and the other begins. That is sometimes true.
    Are you "forgiven" for lying or not?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 13:374 edits
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Are you "forgiven" for lying or not?
    First let me see if I understand the question.

If I tell a lie today to you, like I spent yesterday serving in a soup kitchen, and I know and God knows that that is a LIE, what happens ?

My conscience in the Holy Spirit will convict me that I lied. First I should confess to the Lord Jesus that I lied.
    Then I should confess to you that I lied if I have a chance.

In this way the Christian should keep short accounts, keep his confessions current, and not let old offenses linger. If we confess our sins He is faithful and righteous to forgives us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

My opinion? No, the word of God.

"If we say that we do not have sin, we are deceiving ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:8,9)

Don't zone out. Stay tuned. YOU pressed me. So bear with a bit more writing.

Notice that John says "He is faithful and RIGHTEOUS to forgive us our sins and cleanse us..."

Faithful and RIGHTEOUS .

Because of the death of Christ for our propitiation which God ACCEPTED, it is the RIGHTEOUS thing for God to do to forgive us and cleanse us.

In other words, even if God decided that He doesn't like me anymore, He is BOUND by His own RIGHTEOUSNESS to forgive me and cleanse me.

Do you understand this?
    I don't ask you if you agree.
    I just ask you if you understand this.

For the sake of Jesus Christ God is BOUND by His righteousness to be faithful to Christ's redemptive act.

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 13:51
    First let me see if I understand the question.
    If you lie, is it a "sin" you are "forgiven" for?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 13:52
    My conscience in the Holy Spirit will convict me that I lied. First I should confess to the Lord Jesus that I lied.
    Then I should confess to you that I lied if I have a chance.
    If you do not "confess to the Lord Jesus that [you] lied" will you lose your "salvation"?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 13:54
    Because of the death of Christ for our propitiation which God ACCEPTED, it is the RIGHTEOUS thing for God to do to forgive us and cleanse us.
    So, if you lie you are "cleansed" because of your religious beliefs but if karoly aczel lies, he is not.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 13:572 edits
    If you lie, is it a "sin" you are "forgiven" for?
    I don't know what you think you are up to.
    But if you didn't read yet what I wrote and just re-asked,..

Your question is really TWO questions:

1.) Is the act of lying a sin.

2.) is it a sin forgiven?

Two parts to it, Right?

Did you read my quotation of First John 1:9 ?

What is the FIRST word in this sentence ?

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9)

Did you notice the first word ... "IF" ... ?
    That is conditional isn't it ?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 13:57
    For the sake of Jesus Christ God is BOUND by His righteousness to be faithful to Christ's redemptive act.
    So if you are a liar, you believe your God HAS to forgive you, because you believe in Jesus, is that what you mean?
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 13:573 edits
    Originally posted by @soothfast
    To me, there has always seemed to be something fundamentally screwed up about a god who hates. Especially a God god who has a monopoly on all power in a Creation that He Himself created. If you make something that performs in a manner that you despise, who can you justifiably blame other than yourself? Especially if you purposefully build "free will" into the mechanism.
    There is not something fundamentally screwed up with hating evil and injustice.

It is also not fundamentally screwed up with an all powerful God allowing people the freedom to reject him.

So what is your utopia? Do you want a God that ignores injustice or a God that prevents people from rejecting him and his justice?

Anyone can be a back seat driver.

So you take the wheel. How do we fix it?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:071 edit
    So if you are a liar, you believe your God HAS to forgive you, because you believe in Jesus, is that what you mean?
    If I have believed in Christ I have eternal redemption from that moment on. I will never be eternally condemned by God.

Judgment as to eternity has taken place on my behalf at the cross of Jesus. And I have accepted Christ and His offering.

Now God's purpose is not simply that I be forgiven. It is that I have continual fellowship and eventually be conformed to the image of His Son within and without - that is to be LIKE Christ.

For this sanctification and transformation are needed.
    And for sanctification and transformation I must CONFESS my sins as God makes them known to me and allow Christ to take over that part of my being.

That is the meaning of this:

"If we say that we do not have sin, we are deceiving ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

I will ask you a question next in the next post.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:133 edits
    FMF,

You have spent thousand or more posts over the years exploring if you can find a glitch, an inconsistency, a logical problem, an error in the reasoning system of the Gospel of Christ.

Have you yet asked enough probing questions to manifest some inconsistency, some flow charting error, or some logical contradiction that you are fully at peace that you will NEVER, EVER stand before God to use your two lips to critique your OWN life before Him?

Have you asked enough questions YET?
    Are you sure you have gathered enough logical problems that you will never give an account to God for the things you have done?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree