1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:45
    Originally posted by @sonship
    If you haven't had me thrown off Red Hot Pawn's Spirituality Forum by now you probably won't.
    What on earth are you on about?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:46
    But your evasion is noted and you can just keep the question private between you and God or you and yourself (if you prefer to imagine).
    What "evasion"?
  3. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:48
    Rom 7

Or do you not know, brothers—for I am speaking to those who know the law—that the law is binding on a person only as long as he lives? 2 For a married woman is bound by law to her husband while he lives, but if her husband dies she is released from the law of marriage. 3 Accordingly, she will be called an adulteress if she lives with another man while her husband is alive. But if her husband dies, she is free from that law, and if she marries another man she is not an adulteress.

4 Likewise, my brothers, you also have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who has been raised from the dead, in order that we may bear fruit for God. 5 For while we were living in the flesh, our sinful passions, aroused by the law, were at work in our members to bear fruit for death. 6 But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.

----

Paul goes on to say that he continues to sin, even though he is a faithful believer.

15 For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. 16 Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. 17 So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. 18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:49
    Originally posted by @fmf
    What on earth are you on about?
    So predictable! The "Me No Speak English" routine now.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:521 edit
    What "evasion"?
    What evasion ?
    What evasion ?

This evasion.
    This evasion.

Are you upset?

Dodge noted.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:54

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:551 edit
    So predictable! The "Me No Speak English" routine now.
    sonship: "If you haven't had me thrown off Red Hot Pawn's Spirituality Forum by now you probably won't."

Your suggestion that I think this or have tried to do this to you is paranoid and/or deceitful rubbish on your part.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:55
    Dodge noted.
    I haven't "dodged" anything.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:57
    The "Me No Speak English" routine now.
    "The me no speak English routine"? What on earth are you on about?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:57
    Nothing. Just giving you a heads up.
    Oh, But What on EARTH could you EVER be talking about ???
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 15:00
    Oh, But What on EARTH could you EVER be talking about ???
    I am talking about how you often seem to use this forum as a personal blog instead of a debate and discussion forum.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 15:011 edit
    sonship: [b]"If you haven't had me thrown off Red Hot Pawn's Spirituality Forum by now you probably won't."

Your suggestion that I think this or have tried to do this to you is paranoid and/or deceitful rubbish on your part.[/b]
    I should have said ChessAtWork.

I sound like a personal blog?
    Get use to it.

While you're concerned about being too personal why not remove that ugly distorted mug shot of you as if you're vying for an ugly contest.

Narcissism does strange things to people I guess.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 15:02
    While you'r concerned about being too personal why not remove that ugly distorted mug shot of you as if you're vying for an ugly contest.
    The photo on my profile page?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 15:02
    I am talking about how you often seem to use this forum as a personal blog instead of a debate and discussion forum.
    But what on earth are you TALKING about ??

Explain more.
    Explain more.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 15:06
    But what on earth are you TALKING about ??

Explain more.
    Explain more.
    You seem upset. This is not a 'Christian message board'. You are bound to meet non-believers who aren't interested in sitting at your feet and listening to your monologues.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree