1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:17
    Originally posted by @sonship
    If I have believed in Christ I have eternal redemption from that moment on. I will never be eternally condemned by God.

Judgment as to eternity has taken place on my behalf at the cross of Jesus. And I have accepted Christ and His offering.

Now God's purpose is not simply that I be forgiven. It is that I have continual fellowship and eventually be c ...[text shortened]... all unrighteousness."
    [/quote]

I will ask you a question next in the next post.[/b]
    If this sanctification and transformation you speak of doesn't take place, do you lose your "salvation"?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:20
    FMF,

You have spent thousand or more posts over the years exploring if you can find a glitch, an inconsistency, a logical problem, an error in the reasoning system of the Gospel of Christ.

Have you yet asked enough probing questions to manifest some inconsistency, some flow charting error, or some logical contradiction that you are fully at peace th ...[text shortened]... enough logical problems that you will never give an account to God for the things you have done?
    Are you upset?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:23
    Originally posted by @fmf
    If this sanctification and transformation you speak of doesn't take place, do you lose your "salvation"?
    No.

That sanctification will take place in another age.
    But it will have a different flavor to it.

You can postpone it.
    You cannot cause it not to happen.

God is a Father to His sons. He is very, very wise.
    Believe me. He has a way to give any person the incentive to cooperate with Him.

This is the age of grace.
    The next age is the age of the millennial kingdom.

For many that will be a time of "Summer School".
    Lessons which should have been learned in the age of grace will not be avoided in the kingdom age.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:23
    FMF,

You have spent thousand or more posts over the years exploring if you can find a glitch, an inconsistency, a logical problem, an error in the reasoning system of the Gospel of Christ.

Have you yet asked enough probing questions to manifest some inconsistency, some flow charting error, or some logical contradiction that you are fully at peace th ...[text shortened]... enough logical problems that you will never give an account to God for the things you have done?
    FMF does not believe that YOUR interpretation of the Gospel of Christ is sound.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:24
    Are you upset?
    No, But I am polemic.

Isn't my emotional state rather irrelevant to this ?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:261 edit
    First let me see if I understand the question.

If I tell a lie today to you, like I spent yesterday serving in a soup kitchen, and I know and God knows that that is a LIE, what happens ?

My conscience in the Holy Spirit will convict me that I lied. First I should confess to the Lord Jesus that I lied.
    Then I should confess to you that I lied if I ...[text shortened]... ful and righteous to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
    [/quote][/b]
    You cannot lie today, repent on Sunday, Lie on Wednesday, Repent on Sunday.. and on and on and on.

There comes a point when God will say ENOUGH.. NO MORE FORGIVENESS.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:26
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    FMF does not believe that YOUR interpretation of the Gospel of Christ is sound.
    He's a big boy. He can answer for himself, don't you think?
  8. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:261 edit
    Transformation from unbelief and lack of faith, to belief and faith, takes place at the moment of regeneration. Sanctification is the process that follows regeneration and transformation. Similar to fruits and good works being the necessary result of being a faithful believer.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:27
    He's a big boy. He can answer for himself, don't you think?
    He has already told you that. You just dont read neither do you retain.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:29
    No.

That sanctification will take place in another age.
    But it will have a different flavor to it.

You can postpone it.
    You cannot cause it not to happen.

God is a Father to His sons. He is very, very wise.
    Believe me. He has a way to give any person the incentive to cooperate with Him.

This is the age of grace.
    The next age is the age of ...[text shortened]... ssons which should have been learned in the age of grace will not be avoided in the kingdom age.
    So even if this "sanctification and transformation" doesn't take place, and you keep lying, and you do not "confess", you cannot lose your "salvation"... as a result of your religious beliefs?
  11. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:30
    He has already told you that. You just dont read neither do you retain.
    Does FMF believe YOUR interpretation of the Gospel is sound? I'm sure he's said so somewhere but maybe I missed it.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:32
    No, But I am polemic.

Isn't my emotional state rather irrelevant to this ?
    I presume it is your emotional state that caused you to such a silly question on what is, after all, a debate and discussion message board, and not your personal blog.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:353 edits
    You cannot lie today, repent on Sunday, Lie on Wednesday, Repent on Sunday.. and on and on and one.

There comes a point when God will say ENOUGH.. NO MORE FORGIVENESS.

There may be a problem with what I call "repenting down to the bottom."

That is not a biblical phrase. It comes from my personal experience.

Sometimes, a Christian may not confess down to the real core of the sin. His confession is rather superficial.

You don't think Papa knows that sometime you didn't REALLY repent ? You didn't really get to the bottom of your matter.

Let a few more failures happen.
    Let a little more reaping of the corrupt crop come up in your life.

Eventually, you will confess "down to the bottom".

Lord Jesus, this thing is SERIOUS, I cannot tolerate to blow this again. The cost has gone up. The consequences have become more serious. The mess caused has become intolerable. Lord I am willing now to forsake this thing. Lord have mercy and forgive me. Save me !!

It is true that sometimes your confession might be SUPERFICIAL.

My experience is that eventually you will so hate that failure that you can no longer tolerate for Jesus to not REIGN and RULE your heart in that area.

If you are playful and superficial in your confession the day may come on this side of your departure, that you so hate that reoccurring failure that you confess down to the very bottom of your heart.

i could say more about this.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:421 edit
    I presume it is your emotional state that caused you to such a silly question on what is, after all, a debate and discussion message board, and not your personal blog.
    If I choose it to sound like my personal blog, what are you going to do to stop me?

If you haven't had me thrown off Red Hot Pawn's Spirituality Forum by now you probably won't.

But your evasion is noted and you can just keep the question private between you and God or you and yourself (if you prefer to imagine).
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:45
    If I choose it to sound like my personal blog, what are you going to do to stop me?
    Nothing. Just giving you a heads up.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree