King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    31 Jul '07 17:221 edit
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    Tell me a big lie!!!
    1. Divorce is a sin.

2. Women who wear pants are sinning.

3. Women who wear makeup or jewlrey are sinning.

4.Women who cut their hair or even cut the split ends off their hair are sinning.

5. a man with longer hair is sinning.

6. If you don't speak in tongues you are not baptized in God's holy spirit and you are therefore going to hell.

Would you like me to go on? or explain what I think on any of these precieved lies by me and what I read in Gods word??.
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    31 Jul '07 17:362 edits
    Originally posted by blakbuzzrd
    Jaywill is led by the Spirit of Christ in what he posts here.
    Jaywill, incidently, never claimed that. So that is one lie which you cannot blame jaywill for tellling.

I'll tell you one thing, judging from the reactions of blackbuzzrd there's a decent chance that at least something I wrote was of the Holy Spirit.
  3. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    31 Jul '07 19:15
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I'll tell you one thing, judging from the [b]reactions of blackbuzzrd there's a decent chance that at least something I wrote was of the Holy Spirit.[/b]
    No, you're just, consistently, persistently, perversely and publicly ignorant. For example, I refer readers to the clownish smugness of your 31 Jul '07 04:50 comment to ahosney in the "divinity of Christ" thread.

Thread 73903

Put bluntly, you're a terrible witness for Christ: prideful in your lack of understanding, a mangler of texts, and a bleater of comfortable mantra. I'm embarrassed for you almost continually, when I can bear to read the horror of your posts.

You could be a better ambassador here by donning a muzzle and mittens.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Aug '07 01:255 edits
    No, you're just, consistently, persistently, perversely and publicly ignorant. For example, I refer readers to the clownish smugness of your 31 Jul '07 04:50 comment to ahosney in the "divinity of Christ" thread.

Thread 73903

Put bluntly, you're a terrible witness for Christ: prideful in your lack of understanding, a mangler of texts, of your posts.

And this sample of one of your own submissions is a proper witness for Christ I suppose ??

+++++++++++++++++++++++
    " He put his finger on what's new under the sun, and what's new in this forum: how we abuse, amuse, and infuriate each other is new every morning.

Hee hee! "
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++

With a tag like "black buzzard" I can see that you prefer portray to the world that you're here to nourish yourself on stinking death rather than to witness for the Prince of Life.

So point us to a submission of yours which I may take as model of a proper witness for Jesus Christ.

I don't see anything in 73903. Be specific if you want to expose my alleged ignorance on the subject.
  5. Standard memberStregone
    Daniel
    Napoli, Italia
    Moves
    01 Aug '07 04:33
    Originally posted by twiceaknight
    Thats very convenient. If someone helps themself they don't need help anyway, and how do we know any positive results were brought about by God when it could very possibly have been brought about by the person who helped themself.

And what about people who can't help themselves, such as profoundly disabled and retarded people. Are we to take it that ...[text shortened]... to say. I'm not criticising "God", I'm criticising a religion that says stupid things.
    Let me get this right: If I HELP myself, how do I really know that it was G-d who helped me? Perhaps it's a G-d thing? I don't know...I'm just wonderin'...I just think that people ought to get off their duffs and be DOING...like takin' responsibility. Does that make sense?
  6. Joined
    13 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Aug '07 11:35
    Originally posted by Stregone
    Let me get this right: If I HELP myself, how do I really know that it was G-d who helped me? Perhaps it's a G-d thing? I don't know...I'm just wonderin'...I just think that people ought to get off their duffs and be DOING...like takin' responsibility. Does that make sense?
    Yes i agree, the more you put into life the more you get out of it. I just don't think God necessarily has anything to do with it, and I don't see how anyone could ever know either way.
  7. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    01 Aug '07 14:47
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    1. Divorce is a sin.

4.Women who cut their hair or even cut the split ends off their hair are sinning.

6. If you don't speak in tongues you are not baptized in God's holy spirit and you are therefore going to hell.
    ...[text shortened]... ? or explain what I think on any of these precieved lies by me and what I read in Gods word??.
    carry on....i find it very interesting...explain away!!!
  8. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    01 Aug '07 16:33
    carry on....i find it very interesting...explain away!!!
    1. Divorce is a sin.

Which one would you like me to explain??

Some more things I've heard from people who claim to be christians that I believe to be false are;

1. If you are NOT Catholic you are going to hell. And others say if you ARE catholic you are going to hell.
    And this goes for many different sects out there.

Here's a good one from alot of seventh day adventists.
    2. If you worship God on sunday you have the mark of the beast and you are forsure going to hell.
    Alot of them pass out tracks on this and preach this in their churches.

Please tell me which ones you would like me to explain on why I feel this way. I will explain the first one.

1. Divorce is a sin is the belief held by many christian sects.

First off God hates divorce. He very plainly states this in His word.
    And alot of divorces are the result of sin. In fact most are. But getting a divorce or being divorced is not always mean you sinned or are sinning.
    The one who is getting the divorce because their spouse is being unfaithful is not the one sinning just because they get the divorce.

Jesus very clearly stated that it is ok to get a divorce if your spouse has been unfaithful to your marriage. Jesus would never say it's ok to sin for any reason.

Alot of christian sects believe you can only get a divorce if your spouse has been sexually unfaithful. I believe this is not so either.

Most of todays bibles were translated from the greek and hebrew languages. If you read the greek passage were Jesus said it was ok to divorce for marital unfaithfulness. The greek is much broader in explaining that marital unfaithfulness can be several different things.

Beating your spouse I would consider as being unfaithful to your marriage.
    Molesting your kids I would consider as being unfaithful.
    Being a drunk or drug addict I would consider as being unfaithful to your marriage.
    And the list can go on.
    God allowed divorce in the old testament because of the hardness of their hearts towards love, and their marriage, and each others feelings.

God would not allow them to sin just because they had hard hearts.
    God didn't tell them it was ok to go ahead and murder now since you got a hard heart.

Anyways What I'm trying to say here is that sometimes getting a divorce is ok and right in the eyes of God and is not always a sin.

Jesus very clearly said if you divorce your spouse just to marry another you clearly are commiting adultry.

If a woman divorces her husband because he beats her all the time and breaks her bones etc. Do you really think God expects her to sit there and and put up with this abuse and stay married to this person? Alot of professed christians would say yes.
    And on and on.

And Jesus very clearly said it is ok to divorce for martial unfaithfulness.

So divorce is not a sin. What causes the divorce most likely is a sin. But not the divorce itself.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Aug '07 16:38
    [b]1. Divorce is a sin.

6. If you don't speak in tongues you are not baptized in God's holy spirit and you are therefore going to ...[text shortened]... is not a sin. What causes the divorce most likely is a sin. But not the divorce itself.
    Well said. Thats what I would call intelligent application of the law. Many churches fail in this regard.
  10. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    01 Aug '07 16:40
    [b]1. Divorce is a sin.

6. If you don't speak in tongues you are not baptized in God's holy spirit and you are therefore going to ...[text shortened]... is not a sin. What causes the divorce most likely is a sin. But not the divorce itself.
    I absolutely,positively agree....i state the same things that you say to people and they say i am not a christian!!!....explain all of them because it sounds like you and i have the same beliefs and ideals!!! how wonderful!!!!
  11. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    01 Aug '07 16:591 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Well said. Thats what I would call intelligent application of the law. Many churches fail in this regard.
    Many churches fail in this regard. Thank you. And I agree with your statement.
    It seems like alot of churches are full of the same spirit as the pharises were. Running around pointing fingers at EVERYONE telling them how their going to hell unless they follow them and there new laws and their sects laws.
    I've been a member of churches who do this very thing. I've seen new converted christians who have just been forgiven all they have done against God and turn around a week later and tell someone else theres no way they will make it. Unbelieveable.

And I must say it's in alot of these new age or new wave churches also. The spirit of the pharises.

Jesus only got mad when the pharises were around somewhere. lol
  12. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    01 Aug '07 17:11
    I absolutely,positively agree....i state the same things that you say to people and they say i am not a christian!!!....explain all of them because it sounds like you and i have the same beliefs and ideals!!! how wonderful!!!!
    lol, Well I think almost every church I've gone to has told me I'm not a christian.
    lol, I go to a baptist church now and they don't like me to much. But they put up with me. It's a start. lol, We have a great pastor who preaches Alot of truth from God's word and preachs alot of God's love and forgivness. So I do alright there.
    Most the people in the church are that old time religion type. And they don't care for me much. But ask me If I care. I don't. I go to worship Jesus and followship with others.

I'm glad you see what I believe to be the truth in God's word. I'm sure me and you are just about the same on the rest. It would take me awhile to explain my views on all those precieved lies . Pick one and I will go from there . 🙂
    Also Maybe you see somethings in God's word that I don't see. Please bring them up at anytime. Iron sharpens Iron. Weather it is in agreement or not with what I believe. Please speak freely. 🙂
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Aug '07 18:52
    [b]Many churches fail in this regard. Thank you. And I agree with your statement.
    It seems like alot of churches are full of the same spirit as the pharises were. Running around pointing fingers at EVERYONE telling them how their going to hell unless they follow them and there new laws and their sects laws.
    I've been a member of churches w ...[text shortened]... spirit of the pharises.

Jesus only got mad when the pharises were around somewhere. lol[/b]
    That 'Pharisee attitude' is the reason why I left the Christadelphians. Dont know if you heard of them. Now I dont go to church. I plan to spend my time trying to do as much charitable work as I can. Its not easy going.
  14. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    01 Aug '07 19:03
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    That 'Pharisee attitude' is the reason why I left the Christadelphians. Dont know if you heard of them. Now I dont go to church. I plan to spend my time trying to do as much charitable work as I can. Its not easy going.
    No, I have not heard of them. But believe me I know what you talking about.
    I would suggest to keep seeking followship with other believers thow.

In God's word paul clearly stated that we should try to get together with other believers pretty often. As so many of us forget to do he said.
    How often he does not say. But he says often.

Jesus said seek and you will find. I would suggest listening to Jesus and keep seeking followship with other believers as yourself. You will find. 🙂
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Aug '07 19:21

Thread 73903

Put bluntly, you're a terrible witness for Christ: prideful in your lack of understanding, a mangler of texts, ...[text shortened]... of your posts.

++++++++++++++++
    Put bluntly, you're a terrible witness for Christ:
    ++++++++++++++

I'm still waiting for you to show me your example of your own post that
    I can use as a worthy model of a witness for Christ.

I'd thought you'd come up with the example from your collection by now?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree