1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 03:36
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I can't take credit for this but a friend put forward this observation.

If you read any novel, you determine who the good guys and bad guys
    are. You make that decision based on the characters actions and deeds
    in relation to your own morality. The novel does not, for example, have
    to explicitly say "Harry Potter is a good wizard"

Why then does the bible have to?

Is it because god's deeds are contrary to human morality?
    God is "good" because of the attributes of His Character: Sovereignty; Love; Perfect Justice and Absolute Righteousness (Divine Integrity); Omniscience; Omnipotence; Omnipresence; Veracity; Immutability; and Eternal Life. It's not a novel.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 06:44
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    God is "good" because of the attributes of His Character: Sovereignty; Love; Perfect Justice and Absolute Righteousness (Divine Integrity); Omniscience; Omnipotence; Omnipresence; Veracity; Immutability; and Eternal Life. It's not a novel.
    You forgot blood thirsty, pro-war, jealous, prone to genocide, killing his own son ... what more ... oh yes ... evil.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 06:58
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    You forgot blood thirsty, pro-war, jealous, prone to genocide, killing his own son ... what more ... oh yes ... evil.
    One Stubborn Sven to another, I respect your freedom to think and believe whatever you choose.
    Thanks again for helping me understand the simplified mathematics of infinity/eternity.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 07:18
    Do you think goodness follows from omniscience ? ... Why?

ditto all your other "arguments"
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 07:32
    One Stubborn Sven to another, I respect your freedom to think and believe whatever you choose.
    Thanks again for helping me understand the simplified mathematics of infinity/eternity.
    I'm infinitely happy I have helped you with the matematics.
    I'm also happy that you don't take my words as personal attacks, but only as another view side by side by yours. Yes, I also believe in the freedom to think and believe

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree