1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    13 Mar '18 11:05
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    But what you are going to do is not determined by someone having foreknowledge.
    When does the path I walk get preempted? Exactly.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Mar '18 19:45
    Originally posted by @vivify
    No "spiritual realm" is mentioned. All that's mentioned are the abuses God threatens to personally inflict.

[b]The other weak part of your analogy is a husband and wife are on more or less equal footing. Not so with God and His creation.

Wrong. The bible makes it clear that men are the "head" of their wives in multiple verses. Anyone with even a ...[text shortened]... knowledge of your own religious texts is poor and faulty, as you've already shown and admitted.[/b]
    So you think the disparity in a man’s relationship to his wife is equal to the disparity in God’s relationship to man in terms of power, intelligence and so forth?

The Bible commands men to love their wives and treat them well. Or did the atheist website skip that part?

A spiritual realm is mentioned elsewhere in the Bible and in numerous places.

I said “more or less equal footing” to acknowledge the Bible’s position but also because that is how it appears (and is) in relation to God’s relationship with His creation.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Mar '18 19:47
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Yeah, it is. Life isn't a page already printed.
    Do you believe time exists as we understand it? There are some interesting theories from physicists that say it doesn’t.

Can you envision someone existing outside of time and seeing past, present and future at the same time?
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Mar '18 20:18
    Do you believe time exists as we understand it? There are some interesting theories from physicists that say it doesn’t.

Can you envision someone existing outside of time and seeing past, present and future at the same time?
    1. No
    2. Yes
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Mar '18 22:57
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    1. No
    2. Yes
    I think we agree on this
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    13 Mar '18 23:34
    Who said doctrines have to apply to everyone? ...
    I guess you don't care about looking up the meanings of words.

I like that stuff. Not sure why right now.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree