1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Mar '10 00:51
    Originally posted by menace71
    http://www.watchtowerdocuments.com/secrets.html

There you go G75 I stopped reading but it's there for you to read.
    it just goes on and on. What is disappointing is the Watch Tower seems to not cooperate with authorities at all but tries to just cover things up. At least the ones doing the molesting should be exposed and given up to the proper authorities.

Manny
    I have to make a couple comments on this and make it perferctly clear that anyone that touches a child in that way should be removed from the congregation of any church and should be persecuted to the extent the law allows..
    It is a horrible thing to have happen to anyones child.
    BUT.......No one here on this forum was there when these things occurrd. None of us were there in the court rooms to hear the evidence or the testimonies. So unless you were there, none of us should judge.
    The only reason a group of elders in the congregation would not at first just call the police is we follow the advice of the Bible. Its says you need 2 witnesses to prove an incident has happened in order to pursue a matter such as this. If anyone here has a problem with that then the Bible must be wrong and you need to deal with that yourself. But this strong advice from God and has it reasons for being there. And It's also obvious that these men that were guilty of this did not take the Watchtowers rules seriously and always have another elder with them when giving advise or counceling. That should never, never happen.
    But in these two examples of these young girls and their families, they did choose to go to the police and that is totally their decision. No elders would ever stop that from happening. If they did in this case they were wrong.
    Also not one JW is perfect. No one will ever say that and no one should ever expect that of any human. But the scripture comes to mind at Acts 20:29 that says these things will happen. And not just with JW's. It will happen to all religious organizations as we have seen with the Catholic churches on a much larger scale. So no one is immune from this terrible thing.
    "Always" keep an eye on your children no matter what. It's a wicked world we are in.....2Tim 3:1-5.
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    06 Mar '10 06:18
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I have to make a couple comments on this and make it perferctly clear that anyone that touches a child in that way should be removed from the congregation of any church and should be persecuted to the extent the law allows..
    It is a horrible thing to have happen to anyones child.
    BUT.......No one here on this forum was there when these things occurr ...[text shortened]... keep an eye on your children no matter what. It's a wicked world we are in.....2Tim 3:1-5.
    I hope you will think then before you start slamming on Catholics or whatever because as this proves your organization is not immune to this. Also though we were not there these are court documents. Legal testimony that something happened. Your organization is not above reproach. Christ has a true bride she is universal and bigger than your organization. She is the redeemed of Christ bought with His Blood.

Manny
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Mar '10 17:50
    Originally posted by menace71
    I hope you will think then before you start slamming on Catholics or whatever because as this proves your organization is not immune to this. Also though we were not there these are court documents. Legal testimony that something happened. Your organization is not above reproach. Christ has a true bride she is universal and bigger than your organization. She is the redeemed of Christ bought with His Blood.

Manny
    I do think about what I say as regards the Catholics, but you are correct that no man is beyond reproach.
    But the one really big differance here is most religions including the Catholics do not follow the scriptures advice and examples oh how to handle these situations. Once it has been ""proven"" that one has commented such a thing that would warrent being disfellowshipped or removed from the congregation, it is done, period. We do not try to hide or shuffle that person around to another church or perish to hide them.
    Once it is decided that the person is not to be a part of the congregation because of conduct not becoming a Christian, it is announced publicly to all and we are to have no association with that person until it is decided at a later date that he or she has regained the right heart condition that God requires from scripture.
    BUT if the thing that person did can cause harm to others and they refuse to stop it, then legal action may be an option to bar them from stepping foot into a Kingdom Hall anywhere.
    I have not heard that the Catholics do that..but I could be wrong.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree