God Manifesting Himself ?

God Manifesting Himself ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Feb 10

Originally posted by galveston75
Your right. The truth is in any Bible and in reality that's all that's needed unlike the Catholics who have gone beyond it with pages upon pages and books beyond books of man made doctines that cancel out the Bible's truths. I can promise you if the Bible was all they followed and believed in, the Catholic church would never exist as we know it.
For someone who shows so little knowledge of Catholicism, I wonder how you can consider yourself such an expert. You say that Catholics think the Pope is God and Mary forgives sins, concepts totally alien to Catholicism.

As I said at the start of this discussion, I do not want to get into a discussion about the relationship between Scripture and Tradition. For Catholics, the Catholic Church is the inspired author of the new testament and is invested with all authority over the Scripture. We often ask, If what the apostles wrote was inspired, why is not what they passed on through the ages?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
26 Feb 10
1 edit

I have problem though is that I go after you (G75) for some of the very same things that you go after the Catholics for. Answer honestly do you think that the New World translation is the only reliable translation? Be honest about it.

Manny

Cape Town

Moves
26 Feb 10

Your right. The truth is in any Bible and in reality that's all that's needed unlike the Catholics who have gone beyond it with pages upon pages and books beyond books of man made doctines that cancel out the Bible's truths. I can promise you if the Bible was all they followed and believed in, the Catholic church would never exist as we know it.
I have always found it interesting how many Christians these days talk about the Bible as if it is a single special book that is self evidently from God and that God has never communicated with man in any other way.
In reality, the Bible is a collection of books that were chosen from amongst a larger collection of books for a number of reasons. Further, many people believe that God communicates with people in ways other than through the Bible.
So why the focus on the Bible as being the only possible source of truth?
How do you know that the Catholics doctrines are 'man made' and the 'Bible truths' are 'God made'?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Feb 10

Originally posted by menace71
I have problem though is that I go after you (G75) for some of the very same things that you go after the Catholics for. Answer honestly do you think that the New World translation is the only reliable translation? Be honest about it.

Manny
No, I think I'll still lie to you like I always do...Lol. Sorry but I couldn't help it.

Anyway you can learn what one would needs to learn from any Bible. But here is some info you might like to read to help you know a little more about Bible translations.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20020915/article_01.htm

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20021115/article_01.htm

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20080501a/article_01.htm

http://www.watchtower.org/e/na/article_05.htm

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
26 Feb 10

Originally posted by Conrau K
For someone who shows so little knowledge of Catholicism, I wonder how you can consider yourself such an expert. You say that Catholics think the Pope is God and Mary forgives sins, concepts totally alien to Catholicism.

As I said at the start of this discussion, I do not want to get into a discussion about the relationship between Scripture and Traditi ...[text shortened]... If what the apostles wrote was inspired, why is not what they passed on through the ages?
Conrau i salute you.

You clearly have the patience of a saint.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Feb 10

Manny
We have nothing in common at all with the Catholics. If you think so let us know what it is?

P

weedhopper

Moves
26 Feb 10

The Lazarus acount was a parable as has been discussed on other forums. Samuel was dead then and is still dead now.
Neither of which discounts the fact that a "dead" peson helped a living person in some form.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Feb 10

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
Neither of which discounts the fact that a "dead" peson helped a living person in some form.
Really? So how can the dead who are dead do anything for anybody? Must be more to those scriptures, maybe?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
27 Feb 10

We have nothing in common at all with the Catholics. If you think so let us know what it is?
Well I do.
Some of the basic tenets of the Catholic faith are also the same tenets of the Christian faith. I have a protestant bent toward Christianity but I do understand some of the Catholic faith. JW's have child molesters in their mist just as Catholics for example so something in common. Sadly though I know they are in the protestant ranks too.

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Feb 10

Well I do.
Some of the basic tenets of the Catholic faith are also the same tenets of the Christian faith. I have a protestant bent toward Christianity but I do understand some of the Catholic faith. JW's have child molesters in their mist just as Catholics for example so something in common. Sadly though I know they are in the protestant ranks too.

Manny
Oh really? Do you have any facts on that you can show us?

P

weedhopper

Moves
27 Feb 10

Really? So how can the dead who are dead do anything for anybody? Must be more to those scriptures, maybe?
I've n ever said otherwise.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Feb 10

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
I've n ever said otherwise.
I'm sorry but I thought you said a dead person helped someone.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
28 Feb 10

Oh really? Do you have any facts on that you can show us?
I left a link in one of these threads that was a full on case with court transcripts against the JW's. Would you like me to find it for you ? So yes the JW's are not free of Child molesters.

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
28 Feb 10
1 edit

http://www.watchtowerdocuments.com/secrets.html

There you go G75 I stopped reading but it's there for you to read.
it just goes on and on. What is disappointing is the Watch Tower seems to not cooperate with authorities at all but tries to just cover things up. At least the ones doing the molesting should be exposed and given up to the proper authorities.

Manny

P

weedhopper

Moves
04 Mar 10

I'm sorry but I thought you said a dead person helped someone.
A dead person can indeed help people. Samuel, a dead prophet, was divined by the Witch of Endor to answer a question for Saul, (a very forbidden practice, but they did it anyway). Samuel appeared and asked why he was being disquieted, and confirmed that Saul had ventured out of the will of God and that David was His choice for king. EVERYONE WHO READS AND UNDERSTANDS THAT STORY LEARNS FROM THE DEAD MAN, Samuel, that one should never act contrary to the will of the Almighty. Ergo, the dead can help people. And we haven't even gotten into stem cell research, immunology, testing for cures to horrible diseases, hereditary anamoles...