1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 May '10 03:362 edits
    Originally posted by 667joe
    I generally agree with you, but you can study actual verifiable knowledge while you are in school, or you can study religion or astrology..... both interesting subjects, but neither based on truth.
    Is that an absolute assertion? (ie."..but neither based on truth." )
    What I mean is do you think there is absolutely no truth in astrology or religon?

note : I'm using "truth" in a general way, feel free to specify what you mean by "truth" as it has been a troublesome term (especially on this forum)

BTW I do think there is some truth in both religon and science, however depending on your defintions I may change my mind about that🙂
  2. Maryland
    Moves
    25 May '10 12:09
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Is that an absolute assertion? (ie."..but neither based on truth." )
    What I mean is do you think there is absolutely no truth in astrology or religon?

note : I'm using "truth" in a general way, feel free to specify what you mean by "truth" as it has been a troublesome term (especially on this forum)

BTW I do think there is some truth in both religon and science, however depending on your defintions I may change my mind about that🙂
    If religion has any truth in it, the truth comes from ideas appropriated from other sources.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 May '10 12:24
    If I pray to god or my dog, the success rate is about the same. How do theists explain this?
    In your own experience.

If you are an unbeliever God will hear only your prayer of faith in His son Jesus Christ. Once you profess faith in what Jesus did on the cross on your behalf, then, and only then, will God be justified in imputing the righteousness of Christ to you. Then you will have a relationship with God, and He will hear your prayers.

That's how it works, because that is how God said it works. It's all right there in the Bible.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 May '10 12:25
    If religion has any truth in it, the truth comes from ideas appropriated from other sources.
    Truth comes from God.
  5. Maryland
    Moves
    25 May '10 12:40
    God is a lie!
  6. Maryland
    Moves
    25 May '10 12:43
    Originally posted by josephw
    In your own experience.

If you are an unbeliever God will hear only your prayer of faith in His son Jesus Christ. Once you profess faith in what Jesus did on the cross on your behalf, then, and only then, will God be justified in imputing the righteousness of Christ to you. Then you will have a relationship with God, and He will hear your prayers.

That's how it works, because that is how God said it works. It's all right there in the Bible.
    So you approve of fathers killing their children. Sounds horrific and very primitive to me. Aztecs did the same thing.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 May '10 12:52
    So you approve of fathers killing their children. Sounds horrific and very primitive to me. Aztecs did the same thing.
    Perhaps they believed in the same god...?
    If so, they're all in heaven now.
  8. Maryland
    Moves
    25 May '10 13:06
    Where exactly is heaven?
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    25 May '10 13:103 edits
    Where exactly is heaven?
    in the sky! (what you think is the moon in the sky is none other than a handy light so God can see who is knocking at the pearly gates).

Hell is in the centre of the earth...the perfect place for making red pitchforks
  10. Maryland
    Moves
    25 May '10 13:23
    Originally posted by Agerg
    in the sky! (what you think is the moon in the sky is non other than a handy light so God can see who is knocking at the pearly gates).

Hell is in the centre of the earth...the perfect place for making red pitchforks
    Where in the sky? Is it a place we can visit? Is it near Mars or pehaps Pluto? Perhaps it's near Andromeda. When you get to heaven, what is the %of oxygen in the atmosphere?
  11. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    25 May '10 13:44
    If I pray to god or my dog, the success rate is about the same. How do theists explain this?
    Your not very bright are you? Praying is something we do in our time. God answers in his time.
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    25 May '10 14:031 edit
    Where in the sky? Is it a place we can visit? Is it near Mars or pehaps Pluto? Perhaps it's near Andromeda. When you get to heaven, what is the %of oxygen in the atmosphere?
    It's close to the moon :]

(There'd be no point putting it farther away because the outrageously massive universe was created for humans, and humans alone. What is more, it helps him keep his spying eyes on us)

As for oxygen, probably same as Earth...glory!
  13. Maryland
    Moves
    25 May '10 14:33
    If it's near the moon, pehaps Hubble can take pictures of it!
  14. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    25 May '10 14:45
    If it's near the moon, pehaps Hubble can take pictures of it!
    nah...it's on the otherside of the moon...Furthermore, God, doesn't like people peeking on him so he'd presumably just make the moon brighter if we happened to maneuver cameras into the right spot for taking photos...glory!
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 May '10 16:30
    Where exactly is heaven?
    "heaven" is the fifth dimension as it appears in our traditional belief systems.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree