1. Joined
    31 May '10
    Moves
    31 May '10 03:28
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    If they are "clearly seen" then they cannot be "invisible".
    Perhaps you mean seen with some other sense other than the sight of the eyes(?)
    Perception yes, and this perception is the at the core of understanding the things of God which are spiritual. Love, joy, peace, contentment, health, strength, intellect, determination, none of these things have any physical form, they are felt or precieved, yet they are nonetheless. These things, and many other things are the invisible things of God, clearly seen with the eyes that see more than what is physical, infinitely more.
  2. Joined
    31 May '10
    Moves
    31 May '10 03:401 edit
    Ok. That it works for you (as you claim) that is a huge asset to our struggle in this world.
    However would say that adherents of different religons/faiths are wrong because they do not accept that Jesus is Gods son?
    (Keep in mind that it has been established in a previous thread that there at least 40000 denominations of the christian religon, how would this fact fit in with your experience of this so-called one christian God?)
    Man divides and separates to suit his own preferences. GOD is not divided and neither is the church, only man is divided amongst himself. Many of those denominations are not Christian, only impostors preaching heresy. Yes, I do know that the only way to GOD is through Jesus Christ. Like I said, if you could turn your words into a physical human being, call him your son, send him to die as a sacrifice for the sins of the world because your justice demanded it, how else could anyone approach you except through he who you sent, who is your word turned into a man, really you in flesh. That is what the BIBLE means when it says that "no man cometh unto the father except through me", if Jesus is the word of GOD made flesh, then he is GOD. How can you get to GOD without going through GOD? This is the kind of understanding that boomerangs back to "the preaching of the gospel is foolishness to those that are perishing but to us it is the power of GOD" you must understand that unless you see this truth from the perspective of actually experiencing God, it is easy for you to say that what I am typing is absolute nonsense. It is beyond our scope of intellect to comprehend the vast power of GOD unless GOD himself enlightens us to.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 May '10 04:05
    Originally posted by seer
    I agree that we all must defeat the evil within ourselves. This is where the devil exists, you said it perfectly because that is exactly what happens, our psyche is attacked and manipulated to perform deeds that are not to GOD's liking because they are not in our best interest nor the best interest of the planet as a whole. I agree that becoming a true master i ...[text shortened]... psyche, these too must be anticipated and this is where true self-mastery is tested and proven.
    I disagree.Once you are a true master, you are a master forever. You will never need to worry about tomorrow ever again.
    To become spirituality enlightened (as described in bhuddism, amongst other things), is the answer to all our problems. (Ok, maybe not all our problems, but to all my problems). So I have devoted myself to achieveing this mastery. This involves many different things, actually all things that stand in my way. From helping a fellow person to helping myself overcome my "drug" addiction, it is all in the name of defeating my root problem. That problem being separated from God.
    As you, I wish to convert no one.
    One of the problems I see with christianity is that it advocates a "one size fits all" ideology. This will not work because we are all born with different dispositions.
    Consider my three examples of vegetarianism that I have seen.
    1. My girlfriend decided to become a vegetarian at the age of four, despite having absolutely no influences,(direct or indirect), from others to become one. Her mother actually tried to hide meat in her meals to make her eat it. She could not be convinced to become a meat eater, so where did that inclination come from? Past life?
    2. My daughter who decided to become a vegetarian at 13. A decision made by her own concience, again despite her mum and step-dad being meat eaters.
    3. My "mentor" who decided to become a vegetarian at the age of 38. She said" how could you look into the eyes of an animal and then decide you must eat it?.
    Different dispositions. We may be influenced my our family and our environment as to who we become, but there is clearly other inflences at work here.
    The "one size fits all" approach will not work. Variety is the spice of life-especially spiritual variety
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 May '10 04:07
    Perception yes, and this perception is the at the core of understanding the things of God which are spiritual. Love, joy, peace, contentment, health, strength, intellect, determination, none of these things have any physical form, they are felt or precieved, yet they are nonetheless. These things, and many other things are the invisible things of God, clearly seen with the eyes that see more than what is physical, infinitely more.
    I'm going to leave that one for someone else.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 May '10 04:12
    Man divides and separates to suit his own preferences. GOD is not divided and neither is the church, only man is divided amongst himself. Many of those denominations are not Christian, only impostors preaching heresy. Yes, I do know that the only way to GOD is through Jesus Christ. Like I said, if you could turn your words into a physical human being, call him ...[text shortened]... scope of intellect to comprehend the vast power of GOD unless GOD himself enlightens us to.
    So there are those that believe that meditating on Amitaba Bhudda in all their waking moments will get them to God. Also their are the bhiddists that believe that only through their own powers will they get to God.
    Both are right in their own ways. I would just say that once you have chosen your path, you stick to it, no matter what.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    31 May '10 10:46
    The intricate delicacies of Earth and space, the fact that if we were on degree closer to the sun we would burn, one degree further from the sun, we would freeze, is evidence of a PERFECT GOD. That is Two
    one degree of what?
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    31 May '10 10:51
    We exist and all our intelligence is a mere shadow of our maker. ever since the fall of man there has been a need for his creator. Talk to any truly wealthy person and they will tell you that once you have money, there is still the need for fulfillment, so, if we are not complete with riches, what gives us the feeling of fullness and completion? GOD. That is Five
    proving God:

we exist but are dumber than God. every since the fall of man (fall from what?) caused by God, there has been a need for God. a wealthy person needs more than wealth (more wealth), there is no feeling of fulfilness without God, therefore God exists and is proven?

see how many time you used God to prove God exists? when you attempt to prove something, you don't use that something in its definition. circular logic gets you nowhere. it is like me defining love as what you have when you are in love.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    31 May '10 10:511 edit
    Every question a person can ever ask is answered in the BIBLE (NIV not those other filtered ones), which lives up to its acronym as Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. That is Four.
    how does fusion works? i would need the chapter and verse please.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 May '10 11:18
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    it is like me defining love as what you have when you are in love.[/b]
    But God is love. 😛
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    31 May '10 11:48
    Originally posted by whodey
    But God is love. 😛
    and cookies are very good.

thought i would add one more sentence off topic.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 May '10 11:49
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    proving God:

we exist but are dumber than God. every since the fall of man (fall from what?) caused by God, there has been a need for God. a wealthy person needs more than wealth (more wealth), there is no feeling of fulfilness without God, therefore God exists and is proven?

see how many time you used God to prove God exists? when you attempt to pr ...[text shortened]... ular logic gets you nowhere. it is like me defining love as what you have when you are in love.
    Yeah, I'm sick of the negativity of christians. Why not call it the "rise of man"?
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 May '10 12:19
    Originally posted by whodey
    I also believe that the scriptures indicate that those who say there is no God is a "fool".
    Why? Because the Bible says so, or because you can actually see such major flaws in my reasoning that you think I deserve the label "fool"?

And here you are essentially supporting a poster who lists a whole lot of clearly false 'proofs' solely because his conclusions are to your liking, yet when I give perfectly reasonable arguments for my beliefs, you would call me "fool".
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    31 May '10 12:44
    Yeah, I'm sick of the negativity of christians. Why not call it the "rise of man"?
    i am sick of how religious dude use circular arguments to prove god.

its faith, its enough. i don't need to prove my faith in god, i just do. the universe is better for me that god is real.
  14. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    31 May '10 14:57
    GOD Proven.
    Your 'proofs' are hilarious mate. Have you ever been examined by a psychiatrist?
  15. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    31 May '10 15:11
    GOD Proven.
    The existence of secret societies and devil serving politicians proves there is a GOD. That is one.

This just proves that there are some pretty gullible people in pretty high places.

The intricate delicacies of Earth and space, the fact that if we were on degree closer to the sun we would burn, one degree further from the sun, we would freeze, is evidence of a PERFECT GOD. That is Two

If the earth wasn't habitable, we wouldn't be here to think about it. We are here, so that proves that the world is habitable, nothing more.

We exist on an odorless, shapeless, invisible gas that is not found on any other planet in the cosmos or our galaxy anyway. Proof of intelligent design because MAYBE evolution could have made apes, but how can oxygen evolve? That is three.

Oxygen exists throughout the universe, elements do not evolve. It exists in a pure gaseous form in our atmosphere because it is produced by plants as a waste product of photosynthesis.

Every question a person can ever ask is answered in the BIBLE (NIV not those other filtered ones), which lives up to its acronym as Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. That is Four.

Clearly this is just nonsense. Here's one that's not in there - what makes gravity?

We exist and all our intelligence is a mere shadow of our maker. ever since the fall of man there has been a need for his creator. Talk to any truly wealthy person and they will tell you that once you have money, there is still the need for fulfillment, so, if we are not complete with riches, what gives us the feeling of fullness and completion? GOD. That is Five

Of course fiscal wealth doesn't lead to fulfilment. You'd have to be very naive to believe it did. It just proves that the ideology of capitalism is false - hardly a surprise, and certainly no proof of god's existence.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree