1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Jun '13 09:08
    what happened to god between the o.t. and n.t? did he have a life changing experience that calmed him, maybe the o.t. was his teenage years full of emotion and testosterone and the o.t. was him moving towards middle age, settling down (starting a family). did he take a break? maybe go exploring the indian sub-continent...........maybe he found god.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    20 Jun '13 09:18
    Marcion heresy, I say.
    😲
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '13 10:00
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    what happened to god between the o.t. and n.t? did he have a life changing experience that calmed him, maybe the o.t. was his teenage years full of emotion and testosterone and the o.t. was him moving towards middle age, settling down (starting a family). did he take a break? maybe go exploring the indian sub-continent...........maybe he found god.
    God/Eternity Past)-------------------------------- [time/human history]--------------------------------- (God/Eternity Future
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '13 10:022 edits
    the messiah is coming (watch this space)----------------------------------------------------------messiah arrives
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Jun '13 10:21
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    God/Eternity Past)-------------------------------- [time/human history]--------------------------------- (God/Eternity Future
    due to nature of the inflatable volunteers suffering a myriad of perpendicular, post-ironic self-aware, identity replacements. one can only float ideas that sink to the surface and drown in a sea of time-free science. like a cat tied to a pole.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Jun '13 10:22
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    the messiah is coming (watch this space)----------------------------------------------------------messiah arrives
    the messiah is a very naughty boy.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '13 10:26
    the messiah is a very naughty boy.
    the messiah is Christ.
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Jun '13 10:50
    the messiah is Christ.
    the farmer has a wife?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jun '13 11:02
    He did not change at all in character.
    Malachi 3:6 - For I, Jehovah, do not change ..."

He went through a process of two becomings.

1.) The Word became flesh.

2.) The last Adam became a life giving Spirit.

He went through the process of being in a form to dispense Himself into man.
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Jun '13 11:59
    Originally posted by sonship
    He did not change at all in character.
    [b]Malachi 3:6 - For I, Jehovah, do not change ..."

He went through a process of two becomings.

1.) The Word became flesh.

2.) The last Adam became a life giving Spirit.

He went through the process of being in a form to dispense Himself into man.[/b]
    so the god/jesus of the n.t. agrees with everything in the mosaic law then?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '13 12:00
    yes
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Jun '13 12:14
    yes
    then the j-man isnt as nice as i thought he was. he's as nuts as his psychotic, mass murdering old-man.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '13 12:19
    then the j-man isnt as nice as i thought he was. he's as nuts as his psychotic, mass murdering old-man.
    why? can you cite a single example where God arbitrarily executed divine justice upon anyone without giving them prior warning and seeking their repentance? No neither can I.
  14. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    20 Jun '13 12:24
    The word became flesh is not from Mosaic traditions but is a New Testament innovation borrowed from Greek philosophy.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jun '13 12:552 edits
    The word became flesh is not from Mosaic traditions but is a New Testament innovation borrowed from Greek philosophy.

"the Word became flesh" was stated in terms that Gnostics would understand (hopefully) not in order to agree with all their philosophical ideas but to contradict certain of them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree