1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Jun '13 12:44
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I am still waiting for them to prove the Shroud of Turin is a fake. It should have been an easy task, according to the team of scientists that went to examine it. But they failed.

The Instructor
    So suppose we accept the shroud as real and there was a body placed in it 2000 years ago. Go ahead and prove it was from your Jesus. Good luck with that one. So it goes back to being a relic and nothing more. It could just as well have been a village shaman they liked a lot just as easily. You have one cloth and even 2,000 years ago, millions of people. So the odds it is JC is one in a million. One problem is the cloth itself. Positively dated burial shrouds from 2000 years ago are to the last one a lot rougher weave than this finely woven cloth. That finely woven cloth didn't come into common usage for hundreds of years after.
  2. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    21 Jun '13 15:58
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Would a mini-van have kept them safe from an unruly mob demanding that he take them too?
    Going on a long journey with your family, at an age when many people were nomadic, is likely to raise fewer questions than building the biggest boat the world has ever seen and trying to populate it with wild animals.

--- Penguin.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 02:15
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So suppose we accept the shroud as real and there was a body placed in it 2000 years ago. Go ahead and prove it was from your Jesus. Good luck with that one. So it goes back to being a relic and nothing more. It could just as well have been a village shaman they liked a lot just as easily. You have one cloth and even 2,000 years ago, millions of people. So ...[text shortened]... woven cloth. That finely woven cloth didn't come into common usage for hundreds of years after.
    This is just showing your ignorance. You should study the issue before making stupid comments like that.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree