God's country ?

God's country ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 May 19

@fmf said
Yes, I got it right the second time when I described you as a follower of Jesus.
Thank you .

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
21 May 19

@divegeester said
I think many of you Americans hold to a deluded view of the importance in the world and to God. That you stole the land that you live in, persecuted and and pretty much exterminated the natives hardly qualifies you for any blessing brownie points from the Almighty.
Bigot.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
21 May 19

@fmf said
I have no doubt that he does.
Right. Rajk worships with his mouth just like he accuses everyone else of doing.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
21 May 19

@divegeester said
After the the new covenant when God has a bride, not a country.
God's not done with Israel. If you don't know that then you're biblically ignorant.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
21 May 19

@fmf said
I think his assertions show a kind of inclusive generosity of spirit towards a fellow 'people of the book'; I don't think they are convoluted.
You mean like when he states his hatred towards others?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 May 19

@secondson said
God's not done with Israel. If you don't know that then you're biblically ignorant.
Old Covenant “Israel” is the church, the bride, the body of believers who are part of the New Covenant. If you don’t know that then you are not biblically ignorant, just labouring under a teaching that you want to feel is true.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 May 19

@secondson said
Bigot.
Lol, “bigot” ... how?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
21 May 19

@fmf said
Then you have to bear in mind that the Jews rejected Jesus and see him as a fake and an imposter. The country of Israel characterizes itself as the Jewish state.

When you say "Israel is God's country", which "God" are you talking about? The Christian one who you believe came down to Earth as Jesus, or are you talking about the Jewish God which, according to Jews, did not come down to Earth as Jesus?
There's only one God FMF.

I guess you weren't present when David Ben-Gurion addressed the United Nations. Here's a link to that speech.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/ben-gurion-speech-to-the-united-nations-demanding-security-guarantees-january-1957

It matters not whether one is a Jew or Greek or anything else. Jesus is available to all.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
21 May 19

@divegeester said
Old Covenant “Israel” is the church, the bride, the body of believers who are part of the New Covenant.
That statement is biblically incoherent.

I wonder whether or not you understand the difference between the Old and New Covenants.

And it's obvious you don't understand the difference between national Israel and the Christian church.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
21 May 19

@divegeester said
Lol, “bigot” ... how?
Why don't you take it a step further and blain queen Isabella and all of Spain for sponsoring Columbus?

Your disdain for America and Americans is repugnant. America is a great nation. I know because I've lived here my whole life. I wouldn't live anywhere else even if I could.

America has some real critical issues, but what country doesn't?

Your vitriolic denunciations are crude and immature.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 May 19
1 edit

@secondson said
That statement is biblically incoherent.
No it isn’t it.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 May 19
1 edit

@secondson said
Why don't you take it a step further and blain queen Isabella and all of Spain for sponsoring Columbus?

Your disdain for America and Americans is repugnant. America is a great nation. I know because I've lived here my whole life. I wouldn't live anywhere else even if I could.

America has some real critical issues, but what country doesn't?

Your vitriolic denunciations are crude and immature.
Americans such as yourself believe that you and your country are sooooooo special that you are “God’s country”. You’re not.

Your forefathers pillaged and drove the natives out of their land and persecuted them to the point of extinction. If God looks at America and people like you Joseph, he probably thinks you’re a bunch of blowhard asholes.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 May 19

@secondson said
Because Spain is not the subject of this thread and they don’t claim to be “God’s country”.

S. Korea

Moves
22 May 19

It is quite interesting that Spain would be mentioned here: they did, after all, claim to be more or less the representation of Catholicism and thus the representation of God's will on Earth for much fo the 16th and 17th centuries.

However Spaniards view themselves now is not my business.

But it would be hard to imagine that there are not some very strong Catholic Spaniards who regard their own country as being 'God's country' in a way. This is not meant to say that they believe in a cartoon definition of this, but merely that they would believe it in the sense that they simply think their own country is a great, blessed place among other great, blessed places.

S. Korea

Moves
22 May 19

@divegeester said
I think many of you Americans hold to a deluded view of the importance in the world and to God. That you stole the land that you live in, persecuted and and pretty much exterminated the natives hardly qualifies you for any blessing brownie points from the Almighty.
Would you say that there have been many great things that have come out of America over the last centuries -- things that are superior to the shady track record with native Americans?

It would be pretty easy to argue that that is the case, and it would also be easy to argue that , while not being perfect, we have very much contributed to the collective good of the world.

Wouldn't you say that the United States represents the sole hegemon today, and that it was massively influential since WWII and, to lesser degrees, before that..?