1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 20:58
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Some people would even accuse God of doing evil and they themselves are still doing those things in life or in their hearts.
    Could you give me an example of one of these things please?
  2. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 23:34
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    To be completely fair, 'personal history;' is [b]usually relevant in conversation (in ages past, people were expected to learn from others' mistakes and sucesses), but certain people here (probably in part because of this wonderful thing called the "anonymity of the internet" ) love to belittle others who do point at examples from their own lives to mak ...[text shortened]... anecdotes "trivial" just to make themselves feel better, and not because they are "irrelevant".[/b]
    Fair enough—though I’ll replace your “usually” with “sometimes”. That’s because—as you well know—an argument that one makes is just as often dismissed based on something they mentioned in their personal history, regardless of the logical merits of the argument.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 23:35
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Your unwillingness and evasiveness to once again answer a simple question about what you believe is noted.

Suzianne, another one for your reference next time you are complaining about repeated questions.
    So then take note by all means. I refuse to answer any question I damn well please not to answer.

You on the other hand are refusing to read the Bible. All you have to do is quote the verse or verses that apply and at least pose an honest question, but instead, like FMF, you seem to want to create a controversy by making inflammatory and unsubstantiated remarks.

It is you, FMF and others that are being disingenuous by refusing to engage in an honest debate. Therefore I refuse to fall into your words trap by answering emotionally based lines of dishonest and subjective quarreling.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 00:20
    Originally posted by josephw
    It is you, FMF and others that are being disingenuous by refusing to engage in an honest debate. Therefore I refuse to fall into your words trap by answering emotionally based lines of dishonest and subjective quarreling.
    What about the Christian posters that propagate the "eternal torture" doctrine here? Do you agree with their interpretation or disagree with it?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 00:22
    Originally posted by josephw to divegeester
    You on the other hand are refusing to read the Bible.
    Are you also refusing to read the Bible? I think not. So, if you are reading it, what is your interpretation of what it says on this issue?
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 01:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    What about the Christian posters that propagate the "eternal torture" doctrine here? Do you agree with their interpretation or disagree with it?
    I agree with God.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 01:131 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are you also refusing to read the Bible? I think not. So, if you are reading it, what is your interpretation of what it says on this issue?
    What does it say FMF?

Show me the verse and/or verses you are referring to. What verse or verses can you provide that support the "eternal torture" doctrine you're talking about?

I'm going to bed now.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 01:31
    I agree with God.
    So does that mean you accept or reject the "eternal torture" doctrine?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 01:34
    What does it say FMF?

Show me the verse and/or verses you are referring to. What verse or verses can you provide that support the "eternal torture" doctrine you're talking about?

I'm going to bed now.
    I am asking you: what is your interpretation?

The verses that supposedly support the torturer God/"eternal torture" interpretation have already been presented by proponents of the doctrine here, many times. Do you accept or reject the doctrine?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 06:38
    So then take note by all means. I refuse to answer any question I damn well please not to answer.
    At least you admit that you are avoiding the question.

Suzianne was chastising me yesterday about what she claimed was the number of threads ruined by repeated questioning. Your prevarication on this important topic is a prime example of many of the Christian posters here exhibiting what I think is thier shame about thier belief in eternal torture.

Of course if you really didn't want to answer questions about your belief on this matter then common sense would prevent you posting about it at all.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 10:30
    Originally posted by divegeester
    At least you admit that you are avoiding the question.

Suzianne was chastising me yesterday about what she claimed was the number of threads ruined by repeated questioning. Your prevarication on this important topic is a prime example of many of the Christian posters here exhibiting what I think is thier shame about thier belief in eternal torture. ...[text shortened]... ns about your belief on this matter then common sense would prevent you posting about it at all.
    You can call it that if you'd like.

Shame? I'm not ashamed of the gospel geester.

When you pose a question with the appropriate scripture verses without the biased inflammatory language, I would be happy to discuss "this important topic" with you.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 10:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    So does that mean you accept or reject the "eternal torture" doctrine?
    No. It simply means I accept God's Word above all others.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 10:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am asking you: what is your interpretation?

The verses that supposedly support the torturer God/"eternal torture" interpretation have already been presented by proponents of the doctrine here, many times. Do you accept or reject the doctrine?
    "I am asking you: what is your interpretation?"

Try to understand this. God's Word is not interpreted by man, that is, if one really wants to understand it, but instead is interpreted by the Word of God.

It's kind of like what you're doing when you try to tell me what I mean by what I say, my motives, meanings and purpose. I mean what I say by the words I use, and in how I use them. But being fallible I am going to make mistakes.

God is infallible, and makes no mistakes. God says so in His Word. It's not for me or any other to interpret what an infallible God means by what He says.

What is for me to do is to study God's Word as much as I can from cover to cover, meditate on it, pray about it, and compare scripture with scripture. Then, with the help of the Holy Spirit, I, through the course of a lifetime, and with experience, I learn to understand what God means by what He says.

Any other's contradictory beliefs notwithstanding.

Refrain from the use of misleading, misrepresentative and inflammatory language and provide the verses in question that seem to evoke such hostile emotions in you and I will be glad to discuss the topic.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 11:00
    Refrain from the use of misleading, misrepresentative and inflammatory language and provide the verses in question that seem to evoke such hostile emotions in you and I will be glad to discuss the topic.
    You surely cannot be unaware of the "eternal torture" doctrine? So do you accept it or reject it?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 11:031 edit
    Try to understand this. God's Word is [b]not interpreted by man, that is, if one really wants to understand it, but instead is interpreted by the Word of God. [/b]
    But surely you acknowledge that Christians interpret things in different ways and that Christians disagree over various things, sometimes fundamental things? Do you seriously believe that "God's word" is not interpreted by people? Did you think this claim over for even a whole second before clicking on 'Post'?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree