1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 11:07
    Originally posted by josephw
    No. It simply means I accept God's Word above all others.
    And when you "accept God's Word above all others", does it result in you accepting or rejecting the "eternal torture" doctrine?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 11:13
    You can call it that if you'd like.

Shame? I'm not ashamed of the gospel geester.

When you pose a question with the appropriate scripture verses without the biased inflammatory language, I would be happy to discuss "this important topic" with you.
    What you should be ashamed of is how you interpret and apply Bible teachings.

For your own self you apply the most lenient and generous of interpretations. Namely, believe on the Lord Jesus and you will be saved. You further embellish this to include that you are eternally saved even if you commit the most heinous of sins, ignoring all the warnings the Bible has about the 'saved' continuing on with sin, and the consequences of not doing so.

For all other people you apply the most extreme of punishments listed in the Bible. Namely, eternal torment which the Bible said was reserved for the Devil and his angels. You choose to include in this category all people who do not believe in Christ.

Further you ignore all the passages that speak of Gods mercy and willingness that all people should be saved. What kind of God do you believe in which will torment eternally a man for not knowing of Christ? Certainly not a just and merciful God.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 11:311 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    You surely cannot be unaware of the "eternal torture" doctrine? So do you accept it or reject it?
    I'm beginning to think you must be afraid that your eyes might burn out of your head if you should see and read the Bible verses you are so contentious about!

Just quote one will ya! Move on FMF! Just take a leap of faith! You won't die! 😉
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 11:36
    I'm beginning to think you must be afraid that your eyes might burn out of your head if you should see and read the Bible verses you are so contentious about!

Just quote one will ya! Move on FMF! Just take a leap of faith! You won't die! 😉
    It's not me who is propagating the doctrine of "eternal torture". It's some ~ but not all ~ of your fellow Christians here. sonship is one. Grampy Bobby is another. RJHinds is another. They have been propagating it here for years and on threads you have participated in. The question is not whether or not I can reiterate the doctrine for you here and now. The question is do you accept or reject the doctrine of "eternal torture" as propagated by any of the Christian posters I mentioned?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 11:421 edit

Why are you so reticent about unequivocally stating which way you believe on this matter. Is says in the Bible that those who are ashamed of Christ, he will be ashamed of them. Are you ashamed to say that you believe Christ taught eternal torture for some humans?
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 01:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's not me who is propagating the doctrine of "eternal torture". It's some ~ but not all ~ of your fellow Christians here. sonship is one. Grampy Bobby is another. RJHinds is another. They have been propagating it here for years and on threads you have participated in. The question is not whether or not I can reiterate the doctrine for you here and now. The que ...[text shortened]... ect the doctrine of "eternal torture" as propagated by any of the Christian posters I mentioned?
    You can name names all day long. I don't care what anyone else but God says about this doctrine of "torture" you keep referring to.

But you're going to have to reference the verses in question that support such a doctrine, otherwise there's not much point in debating about it.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 01:13
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why are you so reticent about unequivocally stating which way you believe on this matter. Is says in the Bible that those who are ashamed of Christ, he will be ashamed of them. Are you ashamed to say that you believe Christ taught eternal torture for some humans?
    Provide the verses where Jesus "taught eternal torture".
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 01:13
    You can name names all day long. I don't care what anyone else but God says about this doctrine of "torture" you keep referring to.
    So, what is it you claim that "God says" about the punishment and revenge in store for non-believers?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 01:15
    ...you're going to have to reference the verses in question that support such a doctrine, otherwise there's not much point in debating about it.
    It's not me, but some of your fellow Christians here, who are propagating the doctrine of "eternal torture". Do you agree with them?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 06:05
    You can call it that if you'd like.

Shame? I'm not ashamed of the gospel geester.

When you pose a question with the appropriate scripture verses without the biased inflammatory language, I would be happy to discuss "this important topic" with you.
    OK here it is:

Based on all the scriptures put forth but the likes of sonship et al, Do you believe there will be humans suffering eternal torture or not?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 06:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    You surely cannot be unaware of the "eternal torture" doctrine? So do you accept it or reject it?
    It looks like Josephw is now going to take the tactic of trying to deny such a teaching doesn't exist in order to not have to answer questions about it. An amusing image of him with his head in the and springs to mind 😵
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 06:10
    Provide the verses where Jesus "taught eternal torture".
    I don't believe that Jesus did teach eternal torture but many of your fellow Christians here do. Do you are agree with them or disagree with then?

Suzianne please note.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 06:12

From the OP of the Spectators in Hell thread

Revelation 14: 9-11
    “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand, they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 05:11
    Originally posted by divegeester to chaney3
    Your just a troll and not a good one either. I'm bored now.
    chaney3 on Thread 164642

"Black people were better off as slaves. They have only proven that as free people, they can only sell drugs and kill other black people. Sure, there are some black people that wear suits, but...most black people collect welfare and commit crime. Blacks should have remained as slaves......they would have been better off. Black people should be slaves today, because black people NEED a white master to instruct them how to live. Black people will self destruct without white people to explain to them how to live. I don't care about your opinion. Black people are criminals, and welfare mongers. It is proven. Black people should have remained slaves. Black people should be slaves today, no question in my mind. I would love to see Lebron picking cotton instead of acting as if he created earth. Black people are disgusting, especially athletes. Maybe people want to hear the truth. I am tired of black people, and wish they were slaves today. Black people are annoying, and should be slaves. I would tell Lebron to clean my ass, instead of him denying a 21million dolllar contract. He is a black slave, and should be put in his place. He is black, less than human. Ni88ers are ni88ers. Lebron is a ni88er. He can dunk a basketball, who cares? He is still a ni88er."

And so on and so forth.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 08:12
    Originally posted by FMF
    chaney3 on Thread 164642

"Black people were better off as slaves. They have only proven that as free people, they can only sell drugs and kill other black people. Sure, there are some black people that wear suits, but...most black people collect welfare and commit crime. Blacks should have remained as slaves......they would have been better off. ...[text shortened]... a ni88er. He can dunk a basketball, who cares? He is still a ni88er."

And so on and so forth.
    I've met a lot of people who struggle with their Christianity and from day one his posting just didn't add up to him being one of those.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree