gods image

Standard memberRemoved
Spirituality 23 Apr '14 15:41
  1. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 14:471 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    The Trinity refers to three distinct supernatural persons with identical attributes and different functions in the reconciliation of mankind: God the Father planned it; Jesus Christ the Son executed it [did the work]; God the Holy Spirit empowers it. Human beings are born dichotomous [body and soul]; at the second birth [regeneration by faith in Christ] ...[text shortened]... trichotomous being] which enables the believer to be taught absolute truth from the Word of God.
    Jesus always spoke in a manner that invokes a learning experience. For the young christians they often take scripture at face value. As you grow and mature, the same scripture you had read before will also grow in you.

So when we read of the vine and the wine skins and many other subjects, what was read and studied the first time around, will mean something totally different the next time.

It is true too with the comprehention of "we are in the image of God" .
    The concepts of God's image can be endless.

In this, that we are also a trinity, we experience it every day, and may never know it. As you are a 'Grampy' , Bob. You will see it within yourself. Our heart is like a child within. And when you play with your grandchildren, the child within comes out. When you are about doing business, taxes maybe or arguing a ticket with a cop, the part of you which has authority will make itself present. This is our soul. And finally the middle ground, our conscience, this is our mind.

Jesus unofficailly teaches us that we are a trinity when he states: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul and with all your mind." Matt 22:37
  2. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 15:52
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yes, of course, photosynthesis is a process designed by God in plants to produce food and oxygen needed for the various life forms He was to create.

[b]Green plants are a beautiful part of Earth’s environment, and they are essential for life. God created them on the 3rd day of Creation Week (Genesis 1:10–13), before animals, and even before the sun. At th ...[text shortened]... othetical oxygen-free atmosphere required.

http://creation.com/green-power-photosynthesis[/b]
    Dude, all you really needed to say, to stay relevant to our little discourse, is: Yes, of course.
    Plants thrive on sunlight, and all other forms of life depend on plants one way or the other,
    so the second law of thermodynamics doesn't in fact apply to our little world. Case closed.

You're just overdoing it, dude. You're just overdoing it. 🙄
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 16:08
    back to gods image if he created joseph merrick god must be one ugly mother
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 16:20
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Dude, all you really needed to say, to stay relevant to our little discourse, is: Yes, of course.
    Plants thrive on sunlight, and all other forms of life depend on plants one way or the other,
    so the second law of thermodynamics doesn't in fact apply to our little world. Case closed.

You're just overdoing it, dude. You're just overdoing it. 🙄
    Then I repeat:

The grass withers, the flower fades,
    But the word of our God stands forever.

(Isaiah 40:8 NASB)

Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.

(Matthew 24:35 NASB)
  5. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 16:32
    Then I repeat:

[b]The grass withers, the flower fades,
    But the word of our God stands forever.

(Isaiah 40:8 NASB)

Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.

(Matthew 24:35 NASB)[/b]
    Yes, grass withers and flowers fades, but because of (essentially) cell-division, new grass
    grows and flowers bloom. It's amazing what's going on. You can put that book down now.
    I'm sure there's a biology book in the library you can borrow.

An observation: You're a poster boy for: "Creationism, because it's a lot easier to read one
    book, than a bunch of hard ones".
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 16:411 edit
    Yes, grass withers and flowers fades, but because of (essentially) cell-division, new grass
    grows and flowers bloom. It's amazing what's going on. You can put that book down now.
    I'm sure there's a biology book in the library you can borrow.

An observation: You're a poster boy for: "Creationism, because it's a lot easier to read one
    book, than a bunch of hard ones".
    That is one of the reasons the Second LAW of Thermodynamics is called a LAW and not a theory, like the theory of evolution.

Refuting Evolution in under 3 min

YouTube
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 16:56
    That is one of the reasons the Second [b]LAW of Thermodynamics is called a LAW and not a theory, like the theory of evolution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIm85YuplJ8[/b]
    For any here who don't know, and are not as dense as hinds...

"A scientific law is a statement based on repeated experimental observations that describes
    some aspect of the world. A scientific law always applies under the same conditions, and
    implies that there is a causal relationship involving its elements"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_law

Whereas a Theory http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory is an explanation of facts and phenomena
    INCLUDING Laws.

Hinds of course knows this as he has been told too many times to count.

But he likes lying about it because he has a totally unsupportable and stupid position.

Looks at video... Yep strawman attack, theistic crap as always.
  8. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 17:34
    That is one of the reasons the Second [b]LAW of Thermodynamics is called a LAW and not a theory, like the theory of evolution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIm85YuplJ8[/b]
    What googlefudge said in his/her excellent response.

For the record, having looked at the video, I'd just like to add that new genetic information
    has been observed, contrary to what's being claimed in the video:

http://www.dailytech.com/Evolution+in+Escherichia+Coli+Bacterium+Observed+During+Lab+Tests/article12045.htm
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 17:51

For the record, having looked at the video, I'd just like to add that new genetic information

http://www.dailytech.com/Evolution+in+Escherichia+Coli+Bacterium+Observed+During+Lab+Tests/article12045.htm
    They say there was a new gene not new genetic information. Anyway, Jerry Coyne is too stupid to pay attention to.
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 17:52

I'm generally regarded as being a him... Not least by me 😉
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 17:53
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    damn it! ive been out geeked.
    😀
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 18:19
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    😀
    takes a special person to out geek stellspalfe he bought me the watchmen graphic novel it was rubbish Mr SI FI his mother calls him.
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 20:10
    Originally posted by redbarons
    takes a special person to out geek stellspalfe he bought me the watchmen graphic novel it was rubbish Mr SI FI his mother calls him.
    ahem! 'loaned' mr barons, loaned you a copy of the watchmen.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Apr '14 01:45
    Originally posted by redbarons
    The watchmen are excellent, watch what you're calling rubbish, there, mister.
  15. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Apr '14 08:50
    They say there was a new gene not new genetic information.
    I don't know how I missed this response of yours, but you're wrong, as usual.

First of all, a new gene is new genetic information. In this case, it also happens to be
    added information through a series of mutations, one of which is gene duplication:

The Cit+ trait originated in one clade by a tandem duplication that captured an aerobically-expressed promoter for the expression of a previously silent citrate transporter.
    From: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3461117/

That's new genetic information added to the DNA, observed by scientists.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree