1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Jun '13 09:42
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I have explained at length with reference, you may make reference to that. It may help you to understand that Greek is a different language from English, a subtle but rather telling difference.
    I know it is a different language from English, just like all the other languages. That is what I have been trying to tell you. Be back after I get some sleep.

The Instructor
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jun '13 09:47
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I know it is a different language from English, just like all the other languages. That is what I have been trying to tell you. Be back after I get some sleep.

The Instructor
    see the wizard of Oz for a brain.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '13 12:173 edits
    why dont you ANSWER the QUESTION?

in ENGLISH, we do not say, 'the dardkside hard to see ,is', not unless of course you are some kind of Yoda from the planet Dagobah! Equally we do not say, 'First in line, I am', or, 'Hungry, I am' and its therefore equally improper to say, 'before Abraham came to be, I am', its a nonsense in fact. I dont know whe both the sense of the Greek idiom and is grammatically sound.
    You went through all of that just to give us your opinion on the proper translation as:

Living Bible, this gives both the sense of the Greek idiom and is grammatically sound ... "I was in existence before Abraham was ever born"
    ?

Exactly WHAT do you think you have accomplished ?

By giving that to us "I was in existence before Abraham was ever born" as the paraphrase Living Bible gives it, you have upheld your Arian polytheism ?

Did you hope to prove that the One who was in existence before Abraham was born was a created secondary no# 2 mighty god subordinate to Jehovah the Almighty God ?

YOU DID NOT ACCOMPLISH THAT by siding with the paraphrase Living Bible.

You appear as a gerbil running on a spinning wheel if you think throwing your hat in with the Living Bible SOMEHOW upholds Jehovah Witness polytheism.

Where in your "I was in existence before Abraham was ever born"
    is the indication that He Who was in existence was once NOT in existence ?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jun '13 12:295 edits
    Originally posted by sonship
    You went through all of [b]that just to give us your opinion on the proper translation as:

Living Bible, this gives both the sense of the Greek idiom and is grammatically sound ... "I was in existence before Abraham was ever born"
    ?

Exactly WHAT do you think you have accomplished ?

By giving that to us "I was in existe er born"
    is the indication that He Who was in existence was once NOT in existence ?[/b]
    what do i think i have accomplished,

I have exposed your extra biblical neo platonic paganism, with example and reference to the sacred text and the religious bias of the translations which you use to substantiate it, you have no answer, because the things I say are true.

now you can take your medicine or you can continue the charade either way, I will not stop until every last vestige of paganism, it all its surreptitious and insidious manifestations has been exposed to the light of truth!

You may wish to see my John 8:58 thread which further exposes it to the light of truth, if you can take it that is and please be assured, we are only just beginning the expose!

you believe that Satan is described as the god of this system, does that make you polytheist, no, well believing that Christ is also a god in the sense of being of divine origin doesn't make me polytheistic either.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Jun '13 15:141 edit

in ENGLISH, we do not say, 'the dardkside hard to see ,is', not unless of course you are some kind of Yoda from the planet Dagobah! Equally we do not say, 'First in line, I am', or, 'Hungry, I am' and its therefore equally improper to say, 'before Abraham came to be, I am', its a nonsense in fact. I dont know whe both the sense of the Greek idiom and is grammatically sound.
    I answered your question quite succinctly.

It's now your fantasies that make you think I didn't and that, at any cost, you MUST be right.

Frankly, if you can't see the point of what I wrote, you have quite another agenda than merely sussing out the truth.

Why must you place limits on God?

I hope the 'ego-massage' you get out of it is worth your soul.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Jun '13 15:191 edit

No wonder you cannot abide the King James Bible.

Your English is truly abysmal.

And you call US 'nominal' Christians.

You can't even abide God's word. You have to eliminate all meaning to it (or perhaps try to lead us astray by dumbing it down, not sure what your true motive might be) just to make it understandable to your childish whims of what you were taught (incorrectly I might add) is proper English. This, too, is vanity of the highest degree. Why must you place limits on God?

Indeed, Mr. Carrobie, if you cannot understand what this simple verse means, you (and by association, your religion) have bigger problems than anyone here can help you with. I'm afraid that even asking God for the truth won't help you because you have to be open to it before you can receive it.

You're either an idiot or an evil mastermind, and I haven't quite made up my mind which it is yet.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jun '13 15:38
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I answered your question quite succinctly.

It's now your fantasies that make you think I didn't and that, at any cost, you MUST be right.

Frankly, if you can't see the point of what I wrote, you have quite another agenda than merely sussing out the truth.
    I provided reference, example and reason, you may refer to that. The reasons you provided were ludicrous, having no basis in reality other than your religious bias and here you are talking about fantasy, hilarious.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jun '13 15:42
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No wonder you cannot abide the King James Bible.

Your English is truly abysmal.

And you call US 'nominal' Christians.

You can't even abide God's word. You have to eliminate all meaning to it (or perhaps try to lead us astray by dumbing it down, not sure what your true motive might be) just to make it understandable to your childish whims of what y ...[text shortened]... her an idiot or an evil mastermind, and I haven't quite made up my mind which it is yet.
    are you in your senses? I provided example and reason, reference and illustration, you provided a religious bias and an attempt to impose your bias upon scripture, you have been found wanting, now be a good girl, take your medicine and run along, this is for grown ups.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Jun '13 20:36
    are you in your senses? I provided example and reason, reference and illustration, you provided a religious bias and an attempt to impose your bias upon scripture, you have been found wanting, now be a good girl, take your medicine and run along, this is for grown ups.
    She's not looking for reason Robbie as it would mean she'd have to agree and she'll never do that no matter what.... Kind of silly and pointless but that's the way most here are.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jun '13 20:541 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    She's not looking for reason Robbie as it would mean she'd have to agree and she'll never do that no matter what.... Kind of silly and pointless but that's the way most here are.
    I am hoping to start a Bible study with her dog, he seems more reasonable. I have promised him everlasting bones 😛
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 01:27
    see the wizard of Oz for a brain.
    I told you that a brain would do me no good against you JWs, because you would just keep getting amnesia.

The Instructor
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 01:471 edit
    what do i think i have accomplished,

I have exposed your extra biblical neo platonic paganism, with example and reference to the sacred text and the religious bias of the translations which you use to substantiate it, you have no answer, because the things I say are true.

now you can take your medicine or you can continue the charade either ...[text shortened]... hrist is also a god in the sense of being of divine origin doesn't make me polytheistic either.
    Yahshua is my God. You may have many so-called gods and Satan is one of them.

As the apostle Paul said, Satan may act like a god to the unbelievers, but he is a false god.

But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and ourselves your bondservants for Jesus’ sake. For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

(2 Corinthians 4:3-6 NKJV)

[b]“You shall have no other gods before Me... you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God."

But to the Son He says:

“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
    A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom."

(Exodus 20:3,5; Hebrews 1:8 NKJV)

The Instructor
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 08:334 edits
    well believing that Christ is also a god in the sense of being of divine origin doesn't make me polytheistic either.
    Some Bible scholars might describe Watchtower theology as Henotheism:

From CARM [Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry]

Henotheism is a subdivision of polytheism (the belief that many gods exist) and is the teaching that of the plurality of gods, one of them is supreme.
    From Concerning the Person of Christ by Witness Lee

Christ’s Divinity Being Incomplete

This is the erroneous teaching of the Arians. They said that Christ’s divinity is incomplete and that He came into being through the union of the Logos and the human body. Therefore, He cannot compare with God, but is merely all-excelling, being the most outstanding, the noblest, and the highest among the creatures—for the Word is not God who is uncreated; rather, He is the chief of all creation. Arius asserted that Christ was created by God, but was created before the ages, preceding all created things. Hence, there was a time when He did not exist. He further affirmed that because Christ died without sin, He could be resurrected, ascend to the heavens, and thus become God. The first general council assembled at Nicea in A.D. 325 declared Arianism a heresy and rejected it.

Under careful examination the false doctrine of the Arians is found to contain three points which are contrary to the revelation of the Scripture: (1) The Bible says clearly that “the Word was God” (John 1:1), yet Arius asserted that the Word is not the self-existent God and therefore maintained that Christ’s divinity is imperfect and cannot compare with God. This is truly a great heresy! (2) The Scripture says that Christ is the very God who exists from the beginning (John 1:1) and who is self-existent and without beginning. However, the Arians said that there was a time when Christ did not exist and that He became God only after His resurrection and ascension. This kind of teaching is also a great insult to Christ’s Person! (3) The Bible indeed says that Christ is the “firstborn of all creation” (Col. 1:15), and also that Christ is “the beginning of the creation of God” (Rev. 3:14), but it does not say that He was created before the ages, as was arbitrarily asserted by the Arians. In summary, they totally denied Christ’s uncreated divinity and were too dogmatic concerning the time of Christ’s becoming a created one. Justifiably, their teaching was pronounced a heresy and rejected by the general council at Nicea.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 09:17
    Originally posted by sonship
    well believing that Christ is also a god in the sense of being of divine origin doesn't make me polytheistic either.
    Some Bible scholars might describe Watchtower theology as Henotheism:

From CARM [Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry]

Henotheism is a subdivision of polytheism (the belief that many gods exist) and is ...[text shortened]... their teaching was pronounced a heresy and rejected by the general council at Nicea.
    mere opinion masquerading as fact.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 09:391 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    That's right Galveston you keep tell yourself that; no one here wants our reason robbie, they are all under Sarah's curse, their words are the mere ramblings of those who -- "lol, really don't get it, do they..."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree