1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '14 00:50
    Originally posted by josephw
    Impossible!

If you had ever really known God, you still would.
    Don't worry. I understand that you are convinced you "know" God and that you are eager to demonstrate your sincerity. 🙂
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    01 Nov '14 03:27
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "God's person..."

Ever give any serious thought to the attributes of the essence of God's person, specifically our point of contact with Him?
    Let's just hope that God has a sense of humor.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Nov '14 04:55
    Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways!

All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Nov '14 09:54
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! [b]How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways!

All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.[/b]
    So become a son, by believing in the Son of God.

John 7:28,29
    Then cried Jesus in the temple as he taught, saying, Ye both know me, and ye know whence I am: and I am not come of myself, but he that sent me is true, whom ye know not.
    But I know him: for I am from him, and he hath sent me.

John 5:36-40
    But I have greater witness than [that] of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.
    And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
    And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
    Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
    And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Nov '14 09:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    Don't worry. I understand that you are convinced you "know" God and that you are eager to demonstrate your sincerity. 🙂
    Convince me that you have known God!

I am "eager" not to demonstrate anything of mine, but to show that God is true, as is His Word. Without God's Word you cannot know God.

Plain and simple!
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '14 10:05
    Convince me that you have [b]known God!

I am "eager" not to demonstrate anything of mine, but to show that God is true, as is His Word. Without God's Word you cannot know God.

Plain and simple![/b]
    As you said yourself a few hours ago: "Anyone can sound spiritual when referring to God, but that is no guarantee that they know God." This is something we can agree on.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Nov '14 13:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    As you said yourself a few hours ago: "Anyone can sound spiritual when referring to God, but that is no guarantee that they know God." This is something we can agree on.
    But when God speaks...

That's the difference. Truth and knowledge is of God. The knowledge of God is from God. God makes Himself known. That is how and why we know God.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '14 13:48
    But when God speaks...

That's the difference. Truth and knowledge is of God. The knowledge of God is from God. God makes Himself known. That is how and why we know God.
    But as you yourself said, just because you sound spiritual when referring to God, it is no guarantee that you know God. I didn't say it; you said it. There is no guarantee that you know God even if you sound spiritual when referring to Him.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Nov '14 16:56
    Thanks for the honesty of your replies. Yes, God is a person* a supernatural being as opposed to an abstruse concept, nebulous force, unknowable supernatural entity or figment of someone's imagination (Exodus 3:14). Here's the context
    of God's declaration to Moses given in the Burning Bush passage in the Old Testament Book of Exodus 3:1-15 (NASB ...[text shortened]... e; Omnipotence; Omnipresence; Veracity and Immutability which define the essence of God's Integrity.
    "Next, comments regarding each of the Attributes of God: Sovereignty; Love; Eternal Life; Righteousness; Justice; Omniscience; Omnipotence; Omnipresence; Veracity and Immutability which define the essence of God's Integrity."

The Sovereignty of God and the free will of man co-exist in human history. He respects your volition and mine and will not coerce either our temporal or eternal decisions. Sovereignty refers to His infinite, eternal and unchangeable self determining will as the Supreme Being of the universe: "Know therefore today and take it to your heart [mind] that the Lord He is God in heaven above and on the earth below; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39 (NASB) God's sovereign will for the human race since eternity past is expressed in the New Testament Book of 2 Peter 3:9 (KJV): "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance [a change of mind about the person and work of Jesus Christ as a substitute for fallen man to satisfy the justice and righteousness of God the Father and in having done so eliminate personal sin as an issue at salvation]."
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Nov '14 17:17
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Let's just hope that God has a sense of humor.
    Ever look in the bathroom mirror of or in the mirror of your soul? I have; and am in awe of His personal interest in each of us as unworthy individuals, our temporal lives and eternal destinies. I have reverence for Him and gratitude for His Plan.
  11. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    01 Nov '14 17:19
    Can anyone prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that this GOD exists?

No?

So why do you all insist on quoting rubbish that cannot be verified?

When all is said and done no one can offer tangible proof that there is
    or ever was a GOD.

So stop talking rubbish all of you.

When you die you are buried and you go into the ground and decay.
    You won't be coming back and you don't go anyplace else.

No one has ever proved otherwise.

Quoting "BIBLE VERSES" are just fairy tales.

Men wrote the BIBLE.

Not any GOD.

Why don't you guys stop kidding yourselves and look at the reality?

Not a single word in the "BIBLE" has much bearing on the way
    real people live their lives and struggle every day with poverty
    and injustice.

You bible thumpers need to get a life.

Open your eyes to what goes on around you and offer real
    practical solutions instead of talking crap.
  12. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    01 Nov '14 21:32
    Thanks for the honesty of your replies. Yes, God is a person* a supernatural being as opposed to an abstruse concept, nebulous force, unknowable supernatural entity or figment of someone's imagination (Exodus 3:14). Here's the context
    of God's declaration to Moses given in the Burning Bush passage in the Old Testament Book of Exodus 3:1-15 (N ...[text shortened]... mnipotence; Omnipresence; Veracity and Immutability which define the essence of God's Integrity.
    On v. 14, it depends on the translation. Other translations read, "I shall prove to be what I shall prove to be.", or also, "I cause to become." He did cause the universe and ourselves to become through His Son Christ Jesus.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Nov '14 22:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    But as you yourself said, just because you sound spiritual when referring to God, it is no guarantee that you know God. I didn't say it; you said it. There is no guarantee that you know God even if you sound spiritual when referring to Him.
    That's right!

I know God because He has revealed Himself to me.

If you want to say that that "sounds spiritual", and is therefore no guarantee that I know God, then go ahead and believe that if you must, but it isn't in the saying of it that there is a guarantee, it's in the believing what God has said that guarantees that I do in fact know God.

It ends there. God has spoken. Want to call Him a liar?
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Nov '14 22:50
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Can anyone prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that this GOD exists?

No?

So why do you all insist on quoting rubbish that cannot be verified?

When all is said and done no one can offer tangible proof that there is
    or ever was a GOD.

So stop talking rubbish all of you.

When you die you are buried and you go into the ground and decay.
    You ...[text shortened]... our eyes to what goes on around you and offer real
    practical solutions instead of talking crap.
    "Can anyone prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that this GOD exists?"

Yes.

God has proven He exists.
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Nov '14 22:58
    That's right!

I know God because He has revealed Himself to me.

If you want to say that that "sounds spiritual", and is therefore no guarantee that I know God, then go ahead and believe that if you must, but it isn't in the saying of it that there is a guarantee, it's in the believing what God has said that guarantees that I do in fact know God.

It ends there. God has spoken. Want to call Him a liar?
    how do you know he has revealed himself to you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree