1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Oct '14 07:04
    "God's person..."

Ever give any serious thought to the attributes of the essence of God's person, specifically our point of contact with Him?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Oct '14 07:51
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"God's person..."

Ever give any serious thought to the attributes of the essence of God's person, specifically our point of contact with Him?[/b]
    Yes.
  3. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    30 Oct '14 11:12
    No
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Oct '14 11:15
    Used to.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Oct '14 12:23
    [b]"God's person..."

Ever give any serious thought to the attributes of the essence of God's person, specifically our point of contact with Him?[/b]
    Isa 6:5-7

5 So I said:

"Woe is me, for I am undone!
    Because I am a man of unclean lips,
    And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips;
    For my eyes have seen the King,
    The Lord of hosts."

6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a live coal which he had taken with the tongs from the altar. 7 And he touched my mouth with it, and said:

"Behold, this has touched your lips;
    Your iniquity is taken away,
    And your sin purged."
    NKJV
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Oct '14 16:293 edits
    Thanks for the honesty of your replies. Yes, God is a person* a supernatural being as opposed to an abstruse concept, nebulous force, unknowable supernatural entity or figment of someone's imagination (Exodus 3:14). Here's the context
    of God's declaration to Moses given in the Burning Bush passage in the Old Testament Book of Exodus 3:1-15 (NASB)

"Now Moses was pasturing the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian; and he led the flock to the [a] west side of the wilderness and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. 2 The angel of the Lord appeared to him in a blazing fire from the midst of [b ] a bush; and he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, yet the bush was not consumed. 3 So Moses said, “[c] I must turn aside now and see this [d] marvelous sight, why the bush is not burned up.” 4 When the Lord saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!” And he said, “Here I am.” 5 Then He said, “Do not come near here; remove your sandals from your feet, for the place on which you are standing is holy ground.” 6 He said also, “I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” Then Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look at God.

7 The Lord said, “I have surely seen the affliction of My people who are in Egypt, and have given heed to their cry because of their taskmasters, for I am aware of their sufferings. 8 So I have come down to deliver them from the [e] power of the Egyptians, and to bring them up from that land to a good and spacious land, to a land flowing with milk and honey, to the place of the Canaanite and the Hittite and the Amorite and the Perizzite and the Hivite and the Jebusite. 9 Now, behold, the cry of the sons of Israel has come to Me; furthermore, I have seen the oppression with which the Egyptians are oppressing them. [The Mission of Moses] 10 Therefore, come now, and I will send you to Pharaoh, so that you may bring My people, the sons of Israel, out of Egypt.” 11 But Moses said to God, “Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the sons of Israel out of Egypt?” 12 And He said, “Certainly I will be with you, and this shall be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: when you have brought the people out of Egypt, you shall [f]worship God at this mountain.”

13 Then Moses said to God, “Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you.’ Now they may say to me, ‘What is His name?’ What shall I say to them?” 14 God said to Moses, “[g] I AM WHO [h] I AM”; and He said, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘[i ]I AM has sent me to you.’” 15 God, furthermore, said to Moses..." Footnotes: a. Exodus 3:1 Or rear part; b. Exodus 3:2 Lit the; c. Exodus 3:3 Lit Let me turn; d. Exodus 3:3 Lit great; e. Exodus 3:8 Lit hand; f. Exodus 3:12 Or serve; g. [h. and i.] Exodus 3:14 Related to the name of God, YHWH, rendered Lord, which is derived from the verb HAYAH, to be; j.Exodus 3:15 Lit to generation of generation"

*The Biblical Doctrine of the Trinity will come up at an appropriate time if objective interest in discussion of this overarching topic continues. Next, comments regarding each of the Attributes of God: Sovereignty; Love; Eternal Life; Righteousness; Justice; Omniscience; Omnipotence; Omnipresence; Veracity and Immutability which define the essence of God's Integrity.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Oct '14 16:37
    *The Biblical Doctrine of the Trinity will come up at an appropriate time if objective interest in discussion of this overarching topic continues. Next, comments regarding each of the Attributes of God: Sovereignty; Love; Eternal Life; Righteousness; Justice; Omniscience; Omnipotence; Omnipresence; Veracity and Immutability which define the essence of God's Integrity.
    I'm preparing the popcorn now.

I predict much gnashing of teeth over this.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Oct '14 22:37
    Originally posted by Suzianne

Should we continue?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '14 00:01
    Originally posted by Suzianne

No, no, I'm pretty sure that the gnashing of teeth comes with the prospect of eternal torture.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    31 Oct '14 00:35
    Originally posted by whodey
    No, no, I'm pretty sure that the gnashing of teeth comes with the prospect of eternal torture.
    "Ever give any serious thought to the attributes of the essence of God's person, specifically our point of contact with Him?"
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    31 Oct '14 00:53
    Yes, God is a person* a supernatural being as opposed to an abstruse concept,
    I thought an important point was that your god was abstruse?

Certainly he is to some of the Christians here.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    31 Oct '14 06:28
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I thought an important point was that your god was abstruse?

Certainly he is to some of the Christians here.
    People have to entertain a truth in order to reject it. If and when a particular truth becomes inconvenient and grates against our sensibilities, we become predisposed against it and block it out. Then I suppose you could say that "an important point" was difficult to understand and abstruse. None of us can accept any truth if we're prejudiced against it. All Christians are expected to grow in grace by learning the Word of God and in any forum population are all at different stages of growth.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Oct '14 07:25
    People have to entertain a truth in order to reject it. If and when a particular truth becomes inconvenient and grates against our sensibilities, we become predisposed against it and block it out.
    People can also entertain an idea, consider it, believe it, reconsider it, realize that it is not credible and that they don't believe it, and then reject it. The word "truth" in matters such as these is, of course, entirely subjective. For me, the tenets of Christian faith did not become "inconvenient", they became untenable.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Nov '14 00:36
    [b]"God's person..."

Every minute of every day. 😉
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Nov '14 00:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    Used to.
    Impossible!

If you had ever really known God, you still would.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree