The answer is: yes!
    If I ever think you're right, I will let you know. 😉
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 11:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    I spent a considerable part of my life studying the book that gives rise to your beliefs and faith, and I came to the conclusion that it isn't a revelation by God but is instead a man made ideology rooted in superstition and ancient mythology. I therefore have no reason to believe your assertions about "knowing God by His Word" and, while I think you should go a ...[text shortened]... as best you can, I can honestly say that your proselytism-by-circular-logic does not work on me.
    You plainly came to the wrong conclusion, and I don't doubt your sincerity, but the fact is you never really trusted God's Christ. If you had you'd be singing a different tune.

The "book" you say you spent a considerable part of you life studying says you need a saviour. Do you remember that part? You obviously decided you don't need to be saved.

Must be a wonderful feeling knowing there's nothing wrong with you. What peace of mind you must have knowing all you need to do is enjoy as much of this life as you can and then slip off into sleep, extinguish from the knowledge and awareness of life eternal forever.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 11:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    If I ever think you're right, I will let you know. 😉
    If you ever think God is right let Him know. 🙂
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 11:30
    Originally posted by josephw
    The "book" you say you spent a considerable part of you life studying says you need a saviour. Do you remember that part? You obviously decided you don't need to be saved.
    No. After many years, I came to realize that I did not believe in the credibility of the book and no longer believed the claims made about Jesus and God made by Christians based on the content of the book.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 11:32
    If you ever think God is right let Him know. 🙂
    I am merely responding to your personal opinions and the assertions you are making in posts addressed to me. You are a proselytizer and I am giving you feedback having read everything you've said carefully.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 11:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your God figure has failed to reach them with His supposed revelation.
    God can't fail.

Your perspective is askew because it is predicated on a false assumption.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 11:38
    Must be a wonderful feeling knowing there's nothing wrong with you. What peace of mind you must have knowing all you need to do is enjoy as much of this life as you can and then slip off into sleep, extinguish from the knowledge and awareness of life eternal forever.
    Perhaps your religiosity is a reaction to your feelings of insecurity about being merely mortal and to a state of mind in which you have trouble finding meaning in life. And turn, instead, to a hodgepodge of superstition and ancient mythology. If it works for you, fine. I personally have no difficulty accepting that I will die and that it will be the end, and this finiteness contributes meaning to my life. Different strokes for different folks, it would seem.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 11:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am merely responding to your personal opinions and the assertions you are making in posts addressed to me. You are a proselytizer and I am giving you feedback having read everything you've said carefully.
    Try as you might, your responses to me not withstanding, you are not responding to what God has revealed about Himself. You are failing to access the knowledge of God by rejecting Him as He is revealed in His Son to you through God's Word.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 11:43
    As difficult as it is for you to imagine, what I'm "offering" isn't my beliefs, but what God says is true.
    So you are a spokesperson for god now are you?

By the way, I've noticed that you are declining to answer my direct question to in the other thread on whether or not you are a believer in the eternal suffering doctrine...
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 11:43
    You plainly came to the wrong conclusion, and I don't doubt your sincerity, but the fact is you never really trusted God's Christ. If you had you'd be singing a different tune.
    I find it fascinating that Christians like yourself think you can reach back into someone's life history and simply change what they believed and what they thought was reality in the past. I have come to realize ~ by talking to people like KellyJay and others ~ that Christians who do this are simply preening about their own current faith.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 11:46
    Try as you might, your responses to me not withstanding, you are not responding to what God has revealed about Himself. You are failing to access the knowledge of God by rejecting Him as He is revealed in His Son to you through God's Word.
    If you'd caught me twenty or so years ago when I was a Christian I would have pretty much agreed with you. But I've put believing the kind of things you believe behind me and I am much better off for it. Like I said, your proselytism-by-circular-logic does not work on me.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 11:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    Perhaps your religiosity is a reaction to your feelings of insecurity about being merely mortal and to a state of mind in which you have trouble finding meaning in life. And turn, instead, to a hodgepodge of superstition and ancient mythology. If it works for you, fine. I personally have no difficulty accepting that I will die and that it will be the end, and th ...[text shortened]... finiteness contributes meaning to my life. Different strokes for different folks, it would seem.
    Human wisdom FMF.

How I feel has nothing to do with it. You can psychoanalyze my state of mind all you want, if that's what it takes for you to feel secure and have a sense of superiority.

But it won't last long. Nothing does. But God is eternal, and He gives life eternal to all that believe Him. It's so easy to understand.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 11:51
    How I feel has nothing to do with it. You can psychoanalyze my state of mind all you want, if that's what it takes for you to feel secure and have a sense of superiority.
    'How you feel' is all you are presenting in your posts addressed to me. Assertion after assertion about your opinions, your feelings and your beliefs. I am not proselytizing, whereas you are. I am not suggesting you follow my example. I am not suggesting I have answers for your personal spiritual needs. I feel secure because of the state of my mind not because of the state of yours.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 11:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you'd caught me twenty or so years ago when I was a Christian I would have pretty much agreed with you. But I've put believing the kind of things you believe behind me and I am much better off for it. Like I said, your proselytism-by-circular-logic does not work on me.
    "Like I said, your proselytism-by-circular-logic does not work on me."

That doesn't work on me either.

If I were you I wouldn't be too concerned with what I say. You need to be concerned with what God says. That's what I'm saying.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 11:52
    But God is eternal, and He gives life eternal to all that believe Him. It's so easy to understand.
    I find it very easy to understand what you believe. It's not new or strange to me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree