1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 11:55
    Originally posted by josephw
    If I were you I wouldn't be too concerned with what I say. You need to be concerned with what God says. That's what I'm saying.
    But I have absolutely no reason to believe you know about God or that you are somehow a spokesman for Him. You are a proselytizer. The more you proselytize, the more I realize that being an ex-Christian is the right thing for me to be.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 11:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    'How you feel' is all you are presenting in your posts addressed to me. Assertion after assertion about your opinions, your feelings and your beliefs. I am not proselytizing, whereas you are. I am not suggesting you follow my example. I am not suggesting I have answers for your personal spiritual needs. I feel secure because of the state of my mind not because of the state of yours.
    I don't know where you're getting these "feelings" from.

It's about truth, not feelings.

Is that why you're here debating? Are you debating about feelings, or is it about the truth?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 11:58
    I don't know where you're getting these "feelings" from.

It's about truth, not feelings.

Is that why you're here debating? Are you debating about feelings, or is it about the truth?
    You brought up the word "feeling" on the previous page. Not me. But I accept that you believe/feel/think you know "the truth". I really do. I accept that it's what you believe. And that you're certain. And that you are sincere. I accept these things.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 11:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    I find it very easy to understand what you believe. It's not new or strange to me.
    "It's not new or strange to me."

If you believed God it would be very new and strange to you indeed!
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 12:00
    [b]"It's not new or strange to me."

If you believed God it would be very new and strange to you indeed![/b]
    I had more or less the same belief in God as you have for almost three decades. Why on earth would your current beliefs be "very new and strange" to me?
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 12:02
    Originally posted by divegeester
    So you are a spokesperson for god now are you?

By the way, I've noticed that you are declining to answer my direct question to in the other thread on whether or not you are a believer in the eternal suffering doctrine...
    God speaks for Himself don't you know?

I don't think I saw your question. What thread is it in?
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 12:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    I had more or less the same belief in God as you have for almost three decades. Why on earth would your current beliefs be "very new and strange" to me?
    The experience of the baptism into Christ.

Did you have that experience? Can you describe its effects on you?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 12:08
    The experience of the baptism into Christ.

Did you have that experience? Can you describe its effects on you?
    I contribute here as a non-Christian or ex-Christian, if you're unsure what the experience of being a Christian is like [for others apart from yourself], then ask Christians about it. I have no testimony to offer about what Christianity was like for me. If you don't want to believe I was a Christian for many years, that's fine by me. If you need to believe that I wasn't a Christian for many years, that's fine by me.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 12:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    I contribute here as a non-Christian or ex-Christian, if you're unsure what the experience of being a Christian is like [for others apart from yourself], then ask Christians about it. I have no testimony to offer about what Christianity was like for me. If you don't want to believe I was a Christian for many years, that's fine by me. If you need to believe that I wasn't a Christian for many years, that's fine by me.
    You're obfuscating again.

I'm not "unsure what the experience of being a Christian is like", and that was not my question.

But you answered my question just the same.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 12:44

I'm not "unsure what the experience of being a Christian is like", and that was not my question.

If you want to play Who's The TrueChristian™, do it with a current still-believing one.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 12:45
    You seem to say this whenever I say something crystal clear and bang on target that you don't want to take on board. 😉
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 12:49
    God speaks for Himself don't you know?

I don't think I saw your question. What thread is it in?
    Nevermind you can answer it here;

The doctrine of eternal suffering in hell, do you believe in it or not?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 12:582 edits
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Isa 6:5-7

5 So I said:

"Woe is me, for I am undone!
    Because I am a man of unclean lips,
    And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips;
    For my eyes have seen the King,
    The Lord of hosts."

6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a live coal which he had taken with the tongs from the altar. 7 And he touched my mouth wi ...[text shortened]... "Behold, this has touched your lips;
    Your iniquity is taken away,
    And your sin purged."
    NKJV
    I'd like to know what you think about R.C. Sproul's messge on this passage of Isaiah 6:5-7 . I it kept me very attentive all the way through. Its not a quicky, but I think its very good.

"The Holiness of God" R. C. Sproul

YouTube

(the first of 5 or 6 clips)
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 14:38

Are you going to answer my question or not?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 14:47
    Originally posted by sonship
    I'd like to know what you think about R.C. Sproul's messge on this passage of [b]Isaiah 6:5-7 . I it kept me very attentive all the way through. Its not a quicky, but I think its very good.

"The Holiness of God" R. C. Sproul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRPr_vtN2rY

(the first of 5 or 6 clips)[/b]
    I have heard similar, very well done. I heard all 5 clips...He articulated much better than I ever could.
    When we catch a glimpse of God's holiness, even the very best of us have our warts and short comings revealed!
    This reminds me of Paul's comment about teaching Christ crucified.
    1 Cor 1:23-25
    but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, 24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.
    NKJV

I kind of wish he had continued about Isaiah in the next verse...

Isa 6:6-9

6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a live coal which he had taken with the tongs from the altar. 7 And he touched my mouth with it, and said:

"Behold, this has touched your lips;
    Your iniquity is taken away,
    And your sin purged."

8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying:

"Whom shall I send,
    And who will go for Us?"

Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."

What happened to Isaiah's woe, his short coming? After he was "purged", he received a boldness to say "send me"...
    Awesome stuff!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree