1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    20 Feb '06 14:59
    Is God more likely to answer a relatively trivial prayer that concerns the well-being of one singular Christian than to answer a prayer that positively affects an entire nation of suffering people?

If so, why would God sooner answer an "easy" prayer than answer a "hard" prayer?
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    20 Feb '06 15:13
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Is God more likely to answer a relatively trivial prayer that concerns the well-being of one singular Christian than to answer a prayer that positively affects an entire nation of suffering people?

If so, why would God sooner answer an "easy" prayer than answer a "hard" prayer?
    The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    20 Feb '06 15:37
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    That's super.

Would a thousand of these righteous men praying together for God to intervene on a macroscopic level yield any results? Has God limited himself, by choice as DragonFiend has stated, to only reveal himself in microscopic and relatively trivial situations?
  4. The sky
    Moves
    20 Feb '06 15:40
    Does that mean that righteous men only pray for petty personal favours?
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    20 Feb '06 15:50
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Does that mean that righteous men only pray for petty personal favours?
    I'm not a big fan of praying for parking spaces. However, God is pretty emphatic about keeping our minds stayed on Him, to be constantly praying about all things.
    In that regard, I'd say the righteous man (which is the pre-requisite), is likely a pretty upbeat guy about most things in life. Lucky him, huh?
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    20 Feb '06 15:52
    That's super.

Would a thousand of these righteous men praying together for God to intervene on a macroscopic level yield any results? Has God limited himself, by choice as DragonFiend has stated, to only reveal himself in microscopic and relatively trivial situations?
    The real question is, are there a thousand righteous believers?
    Or, better, am I among them?
    If no concession there, what am I to do about the macroscopic situations?
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    20 Feb '06 15:57
    I sincerely hope so. If not, Heaven will be a pretty empty and depressing place.

Remember Revelation: "So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of my mouth."

Better get righteous, Freaky.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    20 Feb '06 16:05
    I sincerely hope so. If not, Heaven will be a pretty empty and depressing place.

Remember Revelation: "So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of my mouth."

Better get righteous, Freaky.
    The verse quoted had to do with experientially, not positionally.
    Heaven will be full of folks lacking in personal righteousness, but admitted because of their positional righteousness, in Christ (not that anyone will be there because of their personal integrity, mind you).

Working on it, baby, working on it!
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    20 Feb '06 16:16
    Anyways...

Anyone less cryptic care to take a stab at the original question?
  10. The sky
    Moves
    20 Feb '06 16:30
    I'm not a big fan of praying for parking spaces. However, God is pretty emphatic about keeping our minds stayed on Him, to be constantly praying about all things.
    In that regard, I'd say the righteous man (which is the pre-requisite), is likely a pretty upbeat guy about most things in life. Lucky him, huh?
    My point was not that a righteous man should never pray for petty personal favours, but I would expect him to pray for some important and big things as well. And I would expect that God listens to those prayers at least as much as to the personal ones.
  11. The sky
    Moves
    20 Feb '06 16:34
    If no concession there, what am I to do about the macroscopic situations?
    You could ask DragonFriend to pray. He must be a righteous man, because God heard his prayer and helped him break a pillar.
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    20 Feb '06 16:41
    My point was not that a righteous man should never pray for petty personal favours, but I would expect him to pray for some important and big things as well. And I would expect that God listens to those prayers at least as much as to the personal ones.
    Do Chrsitians really believe that God cannot handle such big prayers or else he may tip the delicate balance from a planet of free willed heathens to a planet of God-fearing automatons? Somebody tell me this isn't true!
  13. The sky
    Moves
    20 Feb '06 16:55
    Do Chrsitians really believe that God cannot handle such big prayers or else he may tip the delicate balance from a planet of free willed heathens to a planet of God-fearing automatons? Somebody tell me this isn't true!
    There are examples in the bible where people prayed for pretty big things and had their wishes granted. Maybe God has just become tired of all those requests and decided to concentrate on fixing broken bicycle seats and helping students with their homework.
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    20 Feb '06 16:58
    There are examples in the bible where people prayed for pretty big things and had their wishes granted. Maybe God has just become tired of all those requests and decided to concentrate on fixing broken bicycle seats and helping students with their homework.
    That's a great point, Noodles. I wonder when exactly God decided that Humanity as a whole wasn't worth his time and that assisting with menial tasks was the wave of the future?
  15. London
    Moves
    20 Feb '06 17:10
    No.

Every prayer is answered - but the answer is always the one you need, rather than the one you seek.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree