Gods unconditional love

Gods unconditional love

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 14
3 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
where is the evidence for it (Gods unconditional love)
where is the evidence for it (Gods unconditional love), so far these Christians are simply drooling the drool and slobbering the slobber.

Years ago I read that the Jehovah's Witness religion was a religion based upon hate. I didn't quite understand this then.

After some years of reading your posts it has become more apparent that it is the case. Foundational to your whole Watchtower theology is a contempt and hatred for people who believe in Christ according to the New Testament.

, so far these Christians are simply drooling the drool and slobbering the slobber.

"[T]hese Christians" which you never quoted but easily imagined up that you may pour your contempt upon them. You do appear to be on the walls of the Watchtower keeping out watch for believers in Jesus Christ to speak despicably about.

Moves
30 Apr 14
1 edit

I say it does
Can you explain how? Simply asserting it does not make it so.

Are you suggesting that Christ would command us to love our enemies and then add conditions to that love? How do you see that working?

rc

Moves
30 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
Can you explain how? Simply asserting it does not make it so.

Are you suggesting that Christ would command us to love our enemies and then add conditions to that love? How do you see that working?
Its not about a Christians command to love their enemies, its about Gods unconditional love and if there is any evidence for that.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 14

Its not about a Christians command to love their enemies, its about Gods unconditional love and if there is any evidence for that.
I don't really care about God or his love but if you know any in your high command could you do me a favour and tell the bunch of JW nutters to stop knocking on my door.thank you

rc

Moves
30 Apr 14
2 edits

Originally posted by redbarons
I don't really care about God or his love but if you know any in your high command could you do me a favour and tell the bunch of JW nutters to stop knocking on my door.thank you
why dont you tell them yourself, i am sure they would much rather speak to someone pleasant than a grumpy ol lemon sucker anyhow!

Ok lets see if we can address the actual issue, Gods unconditional love, any evidence.

Moves
30 Apr 14
1 edit

Yes there is evidence for unconditional love and that conditional love is unsupported in scripture; and I've explained that with evidence, on page one.

You have dismissed what I posted rather than actually addressing the points.

Moves
30 Apr 14

Originally posted by sonship
where is the evidence for it (Gods unconditional love), so far these Christians are simply drooling the drool and slobbering the slobber.

Years ago I read that the Jehovah's Witness religion was a religion based upon hate. I didn't quite understand this then.

After some years of reading your posts it has become more apparent that it ...[text shortened]... lls of the Watchtower keeping out watch for believers in Jesus Christ to speak despicably about.
I think you are absolutely spot on with this post.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
30 Apr 14

It appears to me to be a popular concept at least among our Christian friends that Gods love is unconditional. After having searched the sacred texts I can find no reference to Gods unconditional love, quite the contrary and in fact God place restrictions upon his love. My interest in this idea is two fold, first, if the idea has a scriptural basis ...[text shortened]... res that we exercise faith in his son. That is not unconditional love, but love with a proviso.
See 1 Cor. 13

Charity, God's love, agape-unconditional love.

rc

Moves
30 Apr 14
2 edits

Originally posted by josephw
See 1 Cor. 13

Charity, God's love, agape-unconditional love.
and where does it state that its unconditional, you have not said, in fact none of you have. agape is love based on principle. Why it is defined as unconditional love you will now say, because i have never read that from any commentators on scripture ever, with the exception of you.

rc

Moves
30 Apr 14

Originally posted by divegeester
Yes there is evidence for unconditional love and that conditional love is unsupported in scripture; and I've explained that with evidence, on page one.

You have dismissed what I posted rather than actually addressing the points.
I have dismissed them because they are as usual, irrelevant. First you talk about a Christians duty to love their enemies as if that has anything to do with gods unconditional love, then you sloober on about cults as if that has anything to do with anything in reality. The best that you have provided to date is evidence of Gods impartiality, that he makes the rain shine upon the righteous and the unrighteous, you have FAILED to say a single thing even remotely resembling a statement about Gods unconditional love and quite frankly i dont think you can get away from the fact that your faith has no rational basis leading to these absurd exchanges.

rc

Moves
30 Apr 14
1 edit

How should we view this scripture in view of Gods alleged unconditional love?

(Romans 1:18) For God’s wrath is being revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who are suppressing the truth in an unrighteous way.

Unconditional love?

Moves
01 May 14

I have dismissed them because they are as usual, irrelevant. First you talk about a Christians duty to love their enemies as if that has anything to do with gods unconditional love, then you sloober on about cults as if that has anything to do with anything in reality. The best that you have provided to date is evidence of Gods impartiality, that h ...[text shortened]... get away from the fact that your faith has no rational basis leading to these absurd exchanges.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 May 14

and where does it state that its unconditional, you have not said, in fact none of you have. agape is love based on principle. Why it is defined as unconditional love you will now say, because i have never read that from any commentators on scripture ever, with the exception of you.
Why don't you first tell us were in scripture it says that God's love is conditional.

God doesn't need us to be worthy of His love in order for Him to love us. The idea that we can do something that would make us worthy of god's love is born of legalism, of which your brand of religion is predicated on, which explains YOU.

Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

God's love is unconditional based on the fact that He loved us even when we were lost, and didn't love Him. If you can't fathom that then you need to wake up. Start by NOT reading the Awake magazine. It's putting you to sleep.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 May 14
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
Why don't you first tell us were in scripture it says that God's love is conditional.

God doesn't need us to be worthy of His love in order for Him to love us. The idea that we can do something that would make us worthy of god's love is born of legalism, of which your brand of religion is predicated on, which explains YOU.

Romans 5:8
[b]But God comme ...[text shortened]... at then you need to wake up. Start by NOT reading the Awake magazine. It's putting you to sleep.
All of the writings in the Bible where God hated anyone are examples of Gods love being conditional on the actions or behaviour of an individual. God loves certain people and hates certain people for no apparent reason. At least not any that the Bible gives that makes sense to normal people.

God loved Jacob and hated Esau. God loved David. There are no real tangible reasons why. Neither is it important to understand why. Thats just the way God is.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 May 14

I have dismissed them because they are as usual, irrelevant. First you talk about a Christians duty to love their enemies as if that has anything to do with gods unconditional love, then you sloober on about cults as if that has anything to do with anything in reality. The best that you have provided to date is evidence of Gods impartiality, that h ...[text shortened]... get away from the fact that your faith has no rational basis leading to these absurd exchanges.
I daresay that it surprises no one that you know nothing of God's unconditional love.

Maybe if you had a real Bible you could just look it up. This is what your 'beloved' corporation has done to you. They're not doing you any favors, are they?

This is why most religions base their dogma on scripture, instead of the other way around, like yours has done. How's that working out for you? Not well, obviously.