Gods unconditional love

Gods unconditional love

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 May 14

Originally posted by Rajk999
All of the writings in the Bible where God hated anyone are examples of Gods love being conditional on the actions or behaviour of an individual. God loves certain people and hates certain people for no apparent reason. At least not any that the Bible gives that makes sense to normal people.

God loved Jacob and hated Esau. God loved David. There are no real tangible reasons why. Neither is it important to understand why. Thats just the way God is.
Newsflash for you: God doesn't "hate" anyone. God hates sin. This is why He gave His Son for us, so we wouldn't have to pay the wages of sin.

That's certainly not hate. That is love.

See John 3:16.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 May 14

The burden of the word of the LORD to Israel by Malachi. I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob, And I hated Esau,and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness. (Malachi 1:1-3 KJV)

w

Moves
02 May 14
1 edit

See the cherry picking thread.
Luckily I can read. Try reading John 3:17. I didn't write it.

Jesus did not come into the world to condemn anyone.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 May 14

Originally posted by whodey
Luckily I can read. Try reading John 3:17. I didn't write it.

Jesus did not come into the world to condemn anyone.
So what? Many will be condemned when he returns.

rc

Moves
02 May 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
I daresay that it surprises no one that you know nothing of God's unconditional love.

Maybe if you had a real Bible you could just look it up. This is what your 'beloved' corporation has done to you. They're not doing you any favors, are they?

This is why most religions base their dogma on scripture, instead of the other way around, like yours has done. How's that working out for you? Not well, obviously.
The actual question that I asked was,

Is there evidence for Gods unconditional love,

to which you have replied with the obligatory irrational, incohesive, irrelevant, unsubstantiated and blatantly false slobbery drool reminiscent of a grunting brain dead Zombie.

Now if you are having difficulty understanding the question I will explain it for you but to give you a hint, its asking for evidence.

Moves
02 May 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie

[b]Is there evidence for Gods unconditional love

to which you have replied with the obligatory irrational, incohesive, irrelevant, unsubstantiated and blatantly false slobbery drool reminiscent of a grunting brain dead Zombie.

Now if you are having difficulty understanding the question I will explain it for you but to give you a hint, its asking for evidence.[/b]
There is plenty of evidence but you dismiss it rather than consider it as I've lard demonstrated in this thread. Furthermore you seem to under the misapprehension that love is in fact salvation, as I also pointed out to you on page one but you also ignored. You shouldn't expect people to engage with them if are either going to dismiss what they say or abuse them as you have Suzianne here. It's poor "forum etiquette" robbie.

rc

Moves
02 May 14
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
There is plenty of evidence but you dismiss it rather than consider it as I've lard demonstrated in this thread. Furthermore you seem to under the misapprehension that love is in fact salvation, as I also pointed out to you on page one but you also ignored. You shouldn't expect people to engage with them if are either going to dismiss what they say or abuse them as you have Suzianne here. It's poor "forum etiquette" robbie.
you provided nothing but irrelevancy and the usual personal opinions about personalities. A Christian showing love to enemies is not proof of Gods unconditional love, infact its hard to see how its even remotely relevant. Both i and RajK have produced scriptures which you seem blissfully unaware of marking your allusions to forum etiquette with all the hallmarks of hypocrisy which are characteristic of your posts and just to prove it cite Suzianne evidence for us or accept the fact that she has produced like you not a single shred of credible evidence for the claim that Gods love is unconditional.

Where is her evidence divesgeester? and lets see you squirm and evade it in predictable fashion as you always do when asked to substantiate your emotionally based claims. WHERE IS HER EVIDENCE?

Moves
02 May 14
1 edit

you provided nothing but irrelevancy and the usual personal opinions about personalities. A Christian showing love to enemies is not proof of Gods unconditional love, infact its hard to see how its even remotely relevant. Both i and RajK have produced scriptures which you seem blissfully unaware of marking your allusions to forum etiquette with all ...[text shortened]... you always do when asked to substantiate your emotionally based claims. WHERE IS HER EVIDENCE?
I debunked your premise with my first post in the thread robbie. You are using wrong scriptural examples of what the condition in question is. Re-read my first few posts and if you address the points in them then I will engage with you further. However if all you want to do is your usual ham-fisted tub-thumping and name calling, then I'll leave you to it.

rc

Moves
02 May 14

I debunked your premise with my first post in the thread robbie. You are using wrong scriptural examples of what the condition in question is. Re-read my first few posts and if you address the points in them then I will engage with you further. However if all you want to do is your usual ham-fisted tub-thumping and name calling, then I'll leave you to it.
the evidence, where is it?

Moves
06 May 14
3 edits

The burden of the word of the LORD to Israel by Malachi. I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? [b]saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob, And I hated Esau,and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness. (Malachi 1:1-3 KJV)[/b]
When God said "hated", do you think he meant it in the same literal sense as he meant "dragons"?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 May 14

[b]Is there evidence for Gods unconditional love

Now if you are having difficulty understanding the question I will explain it for you but to give you a hint, its asking for evidence.[/b]
Theists asking for evidence for anything concerning God, that's a good one.

We can therefore suppose that you are not a theist. Go back to your coven.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 May 14
1 edit

When God said "hated", do you think he meant it in the same literal sense as he meant "dragons"?
Trying to twist the Bible? The Greek for hated :

sane [saw-nay]'- to hate (personally): - enemy, foe, (be) hate (-ful, -r), odious, X utterly.

Dont know and dont care about the dragons part.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
06 May 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
Newsflash for you: God doesn't "hate" anyone. God hates sin. This is why He gave His Son for us, so we wouldn't have to pay the wages of sin.
He (god) could just say "you don't have to pay the wages of sin".

No need to incarnate himself as a man and get himself
nailed to a cross so that he can forgive us.

Moves
06 May 14

Dont know and dont care about the dragons part.
What does "cherry picking" mean?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 May 14

What does "cherry picking" mean?
Thats when your husband took your virginity.