Godspeaks.com

Godspeaks.com

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

weedhopper

Moves
03 Dec 08

Originally posted by Rajk999
Interesting website.
Presents some of the important concepts from the Bible in a nice simple common sense way. They are putting up billboards to remind people that its more about how you live and treat your fellowman than anything else. Here are some of them :

- Let’s meet at My house Sunday, before the game.
- C’mon over and bring the kids.
- Wh ...[text shortened]... ding.
- My way is the highway.

http://www.godspeaks.com/AboutTheBillboards.asp?SayingID=10
There's another one I've seen in that same vein:
"Don't make me come down there." --- God

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Dec 08

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
There's another one I've seen in that same vein:
"Don't make me come down there." --- God
Nice one

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Dec 08

I think God is interested in how we live our lives and how we apply the 'love thy neihbour' rule. Doctrinal differences are for Pharisees to quibble about.
2 Timothy 4:3
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Of course God is interested in how we live our lives, but He is not standing idly by while the truth of His word is twisted into lies.

Without sound doctrine one is lost.

Ephesians 4:14
That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Dec 08

Originally posted by josephw
2 Timothy 4:3
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Of course God is interested in how we live our lives, but He is not standing idly by while the truth of His word is twisted into lies.

Without sound doctrine one is lost.

Ephesians ...[text shortened]... of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
What exactly on the website is incorrect?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Dec 08

What exactly on the website is incorrect?
Please don't ask me to do that.

It's not the motive I question, but the method.

Do you believe that what is going on in Christendom worldwide is harmonious with the Bible?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Dec 08
1 edit

Please don't ask me to do that.

It's not the motive I question, but the method.

Do you believe that what is going on in Christendom worldwide is harmonious with the Bible?
Christendom might not be exactly what it should be, but how does the website contribute to that. If anything it is helping people to see more clearly what is expected of them.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Dec 08

Christendom might not be exactly what it should be, but how does the website contribute that. If anything it is helping people to see more clearly what is expected of them.
I won't argue with that.

But don't you think there may be a more perfect way?

Acts 18:25,26

This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.

And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.

"The way of God more perfectly."

I'm sorry, but I wish I could tell you more without sounding like I know something about "the way of God more perfectly" without sounding like I know something about "the way of God more perfectly".

It's not about josephw.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Dec 08

I won't argue with that.

But don't you think there may be a more perfect way?

Acts 18:25,26

This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.

And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had hea ...[text shortened]... e I know something about "the way of God more perfectly".

It's not about josephw.
I think you are demonstrating part of the problem with Christianity. Every little sect thinks they are right and the rest of Christianity is wrong or not perfect. Try to see the good in what people do and let Christ be the judge of who is right and who is wrong.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Dec 08

I think you are demonstrating part of the problem with Christianity. Every little sect thinks they are right and the rest of Christianity is wrong or not perfect. Try to see the good in what people do and let Christ be the judge of who is right and who is wrong.
And do what? Walk along slip shod hoping you did the best you could?

I think not Rajk.

Do you think the Christians of the first century under the direct teaching of the Apostles had as much doctrinal error to contend with as we do 2000 years later?

Do you believe it is possible to learn, without doctrinal error, what God wants us to know about the Christian walk?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
04 Dec 08

And do what? Walk along slip shod hoping you did the best you could?

I think not Rajk.

Do you think the Christians of the first century under the direct teaching of the Apostles had as much doctrinal error to contend with as we do 2000 years later?

Do you believe it is possible to learn, without doctrinal error, what God wants us to know about the Christian walk?
Well, according to the Apostle Paul there was a lot of doctrinal error.

P

weedhopper

Moves
04 Dec 08

Do you believe it is possible to learn, without doctrinal error, what God wants us to know about the Christian walk?[/b]
No.
And thank God we're not saved by "grace through faith and perfect doctrine." Just grace through faith alone.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
04 Dec 08

...billboards to remind people that its more about how you live and treat your fellowman than anything else...

- What part of “Thou shalt not…” didn’t you understand?
- We need to talk.
- Keep using my name in vain, I’ll make rush hour longer.
- Loved the we ...[text shortened]... ding.
- My way is the highway.

"Big Bang Theory, you’ve got to be kidding."

Isn't it blasphemous for a believer to put words in God's mouth? Especially when it's the usual tired anti-science agenda of US fundamentalist xians?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
04 Dec 08
3 edits

If I had the $$ to put one up:

"I've had it - no more Mr. Nice Guy. I fired Jesus as my PR rep. Prepare for some OT-style mass killings and mayhem. -God"

Z

Moves
04 Dec 08

Originally posted by Mexico
I wonder If a whole array of positive atheistic quotes would be allowed on Billboards in the US. Or here actually for that matter, I know there's the Atheist bus thing but my question extends more toward the more religious regions.

Honest question, no ranting....
nobody had the balls to try anything yet me thinks. euros are just plain heathens and heretics, they will burn in hell anyway for amsterdam and french poodles and french kissing and the french.

Z

Moves
04 Dec 08

Interesting website.
Presents some of the important concepts from the Bible in a nice simple common sense way. They are putting up billboards to remind people that its more about how you live and treat your fellowman than anything else. Here are some of them :

- Wh ...[text shortened]... ding.
- My way is the highway.

some are funnny. some are deep and funny. some are just plain idiotic.