1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    15 Mar '14 15:07
    Revelation 22:5 NASB

And there will no longer be any night; and they will not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God will illumine them; and they will reign forever and ever.

The last sentence reads what? They = God's people. Will what? Reign with Him forever and ever. Forever = never ending

Manny
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    15 Mar '14 15:12
    And where does this take place ? The New Jerusalem.

Manny
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    15 Mar '14 15:17
    Revelation 21:2-6 NASB

And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them , and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away." And He who sits on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." And He said, "Write, for these words are faithful and true." Then He said to me, "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost.

Who is dwelling with His people ? God. This same One on the throne calls himself the Alpha & Omega and at the beginning of this Jesus call himself by the same title. Anyway if you look this is a merging of Heaven and Earth. Or as the JWs say the new paradise earth.

Manny
  4. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    15 Mar '14 15:25
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Lasting Peace and Happiness Just Ahead!

JESUS taught his disciples to pray: “Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.” (Matthew 6:9, 10) We are to pray for God’s Kingdom to come. But what is God’s Kingdom? It is a heavenly government. Jehovah has appointed ...[text shortened]... u, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ,” said Jesus. (John 17:3)
    It will be an interesting ride for all of us, that is for sure.

What do you think of the anti-Christ? Much of this utopia you talk of is also relevant to his time as well. Did not the Nazi's strive to make a "perfect utopia" in their thinking as well? What will stop people from thinking the time you talk of won't be the time when the anti-Christ comes? As it is written, he shall try to deceive the elect.

And what of the Two Witnesses, at the end of their time, it is written, "every one will celebrate their deaths, as these two caused many to suffer". Will you celebrate their deaths because of the suffering or because of God's glory?
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    15 Mar '14 16:13
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    It will be an interesting ride for all of us, that is for sure.

What do you think of the anti-Christ? Much of this utopia you talk of is also relevant to his time as well. Did not the Nazi's strive to make a "perfect utopia" in their thinking as well? What will stop people from thinking the time you talk of won't be the time when the anti-Christ comes? ...[text shortened]... to suffer". Will you celebrate their deaths because of the suffering or because of God's glory?
    True and I don't have a great answer. Most scholars and biblical experts do believe in a time of great trouble or tribulation before the end. I'm one who tries not to read too much into what is written other than what really is written. The two witnesses have always fascinated me. Who are they ? ( of course I'm doing what I said I don't do) many thing Moses and Elijah. Possibly Enoch and Elijah as both technically did not die but His took them .......somewhere. Of course the JWs say that's not possible because blood and flesh can't inherit heaven. Of we have no clue what God can or can't do or what happened to those two. I can see where the world would be very angry at two cats who preach a message of repent or doom and cause famine and drought and can't be killed until their appointed time. Sounds crazy !! The Antichrist not sure either.

Manny
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    15 Mar '14 16:16
    I would rejoice in God's glory as I see them resurrected after being killed !!! Apparently the world will see this transpire.

Manny
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    15 Mar '14 16:17
    Hard to type on my phone LOL

Manny
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Mar '14 18:01
    Originally posted by menace71
    This is why I get frustrated with you guys !! God is going to eventually grant immortality to His people and is a very clear teaching. Not yet but soon. Technically speaking God could still kill or destroy immortal beings as He is the only one who could do this. However He wants to live and dwell with His people.

Manny
    You get yourself frustrated. Not us. The issue is you still don't recognize the (((( 2 ))))) groups or flocks that Jesus himself says exist. One, the little flock goes to heaven, never the general population of mankind. No where does the Bible say all humans go to heaven after death........ever.
    The little flock or chosen ones or the kings that will rule with Jesus are the only humans that recieve immortality and only once they get to heaven.
    And no God will not kill anyone he gives immortality too. If he did hold that over their heads, then that does not qualify as a gift of immortality does it? A gift one does not take back, especially Jehovah.
    The Bible says that he, Jehovah is the "reader of hearts" and he knows that these beings, his son and the little flock in heaven, will never turn against him, or do you doubt that God does not have that ability to judge?
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Mar '14 18:03
    Revelation 22:5 NASB

And there will no longer be any night; and they will not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God will illumine them; and they will reign forever and ever.

The last sentence reads what? They = God's people. Will what? Reign with Him forever and ever. Forever = never ending

Manny
    Again only speaking of those in heaven. If it applied to humans also then we will no longer have light or sunlight? Really?
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Mar '14 18:04
    And where does this take place ? The New Jerusalem.

Manny
    The new Jerusalem is simply the new Kingdom of God in heaven that will also rule over the earth.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Mar '14 18:061 edit
    Revelation 21:2-6 NASB

And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them , and He will wipe a ...[text shortened]... look this is a merging of Heaven and Earth. Or as the JWs say the new paradise earth.

Manny
    So who's living on this paradise earth? Humans that have the opportunity to live forever only as long as they stay faithful to Jehovah just as Adam and Eve had the chance too.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '14 18:30
    Exactly. It's a good thing that angels don't have immortality. If they did we'd have satan around for eternity.
    This is why Jehovah has been very specific on who he gives this too. Not even Jesus had immortality until he was resurrected and proved his worthyness to have this gift. This in itself proves that he is not Almighty God or he would have had i ...[text shortened]... he gift of immortality, which is proof of Jehovah’s unshakable confidence in their faithfulness.
    Plagiarised from:
    http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200004408
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 03:16
    The new Jerusalem is simply the new Kingdom of God in heaven that will also rule over the earth.
    Revelation 21

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    The New Heaven and Earth

21 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, 4 and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.”

V2 WE see the New Jerusalem coming down Out of where ? Heaven !! And where is it going ? To the new earth !! and then we see in V3 God and a voice saying the Dwelling of God is now going to be with man !! So your 100% absolutely wrong here. If God is dwelling among man then Heaven and earth will be one and in harmony. This is bible not Manny making it up.

Manny
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 03:17
    Revelation 21

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    The New Heaven and Earth

21 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud vo ...[text shortened]... hen Heaven and earth will be one and in harmony. This is bible not Manny making it up.

Manny
    Psalm 37: 29 The righteous will inherit the land and dwell in it forever.

who made that up?
  15. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 03:25
    Again only speaking of those in heaven. If it applied to humans also then we will no longer have light or sunlight? Really?
    Maybe you can say that is metaphor or spiritualize it as you please.......But We have no clue what this new heaven and earth is going to be like other than maybe God will literally shine forth His Glory and presence throughout all of His new creation. If the new Jerusalem is made of jewels and transparent Gold maybe it's so that God's glory will shine right on threw it !! What a sight it will be. This old earth and universe is wearing down (scientific actually) from a slow but sure heat death. The Curse in Genesis is still here and it effects the whole universe. Everything is slowly dying. Why would you want to live in the old creation when it plainly states God is going to make it new ??

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree