1. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Mar '14 15:50
    Originally posted by galveston75
    So do you personally do this work just as Jesus said to do in the way he did himself?
    yes
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Mar '14 15:05
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    yes
    As much as possible.. The 8 million or so Witmesses as a whole even with issues such as health, financial, opposition from family members, government bans in many places in the world and many other issues, spend well over a billion hours a year going door to door just as Jesus and his followers did looking for ones who are looking themselves for not only the truths in the Bible but what Jehovah holds out for all who want his Kingdom and will follow ALL that this Kingodm is.
    And in turn be willing to share what they've learned with anyone who is also looking, just as Jesus himself did with his city to city and door to door teaching work..
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Mar '14 15:07
    yes
    That's great. Do you also teach about "the good news" that Jesus did?
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Mar '14 15:09
    Originally posted by menace71
    I admit I kinda believe a few things that would get me labeled a Heretic....example I also believe there will be Muslims and JWs and Mormons standing before the throne and escaping out of the great tribulation and it will be by God's Grace and His grace alone. God can and does choose individuals and has throughout history. If anyone makes it to heaven or th ...[text shortened]... magical formula but I come to see the sovereignty of God and He will do what He wants

Manny
    Yes you are right as the Bible says that they would come from "all tribes and peoples and nations".
    But doesn't their belief or the religion they may be practicing matter to God?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '14 21:051 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Sorry I need a bit more than whatever "hint" it is you are referring to; what is it you want to say to me...be less gloomy?
    Galveston, you have given me a "hint" and now seen to be ignoring me. Could you please advise me as to what you are referring to?

Many thanks.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '14 21:123 edits
    Once again I will post this response to your OP as you seem intent on ignoring for some reason. Please try to make the effort to respond as it is a fair response.

Originally posted by divegeester in response to the OP
    An interesting choice of words, albeit not written by you but by your (un-quoted source) the governing body the WT organisation. However the same authority claiming to be the holders of god's truth wrote in 1894:

"But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning[/b], but for the end of the time of trouble. Zion's Watch Tower 1894 Jul 15 p.226

Of course the 1914 prophesy has become a source of contention between the JW org and it's detractors for obvious reasons (I.e. It's one of the best examples of false prophesy by the JW leadership), but I find it astonishing that Galveston still chooses to copy paste dump text from the WT with the text completely turned around as I've demonstrated here.

How do you explain this contradiction Galveston?

I hope you will choose to respond in this thread and not ignore my questions as you are in your "worship" thread.[/b]
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    21 Mar '14 02:34
    Yes you are right as the Bible says that they would come from "all tribes and peoples and nations".
    But doesn't their belief or the religion they may be practicing matter to God?
    It matters but Jesus did not say "Have a correct theological understanding of me and this will save you" He only said come to me all who thirst...The Spirit of God is alive and He will and does teach all truth mainly through the bible But God is God and He's not bound by man's foolishness

Manny
  8. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    21 Mar '14 02:36
    That's great. Do you also teach about "the good news" that Jesus did?
    yes, i do that here too.
  9. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    21 Mar '14 02:42
    As much as possible.. The 8 million or so Witmesses as a whole even with issues such as health, financial, opposition from family members, government bans in many places in the world and many other issues, spend well over a billion hours a year going door to door just as Jesus and his followers did looking for ones who are looking themselves for not onl ...[text shortened]... s also looking, just as Jesus himself did with his city to city and door to door teaching work..
    Of the JW's, i admire your work. But you hurt yourselves by not allowing the Spirit of Truth to work though you. Has any of your 8 million strong been Baptized in the Holy Spirit?

As the Apostles were, so the whole of your church needs this. It is very important.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Mar '14 12:50
    Originally posted by menace71
    It matters but Jesus did not say "Have a correct theological understanding of me and this will save you" He only said come to me all who thirst...The Spirit of God is alive and He will and does teach all truth mainly through the bible But God is God and He's not bound by man's foolishness

Manny
    He said a lot of other things and did many things as examples for us to do. We cannot pic and choose a few and ignor others.

It would seem, just saying, that so many who say they are saved for example seem to take the stance that sinse they are saved, their in and have it made and seem to not see the need or urgency that millions and millions of people know little of Jehovah, his son Jesus and what is about to happen to the world which is the event of armegeddon which is about to happen according to the Bible, where millions and millions of humans will not survive.
    This is the comission Jesus gave all his followers to do and that is to find everyone by the work Jesus did and told us to do and that is to go to each and every door to find all humans that are looking for the right way to worship his Father, clean up their lifes and become a real Christian which would help them survive the cleansing of this wicked world.
    One cannot take this lightly and think as long as they believe in Jesus, this is all their is too it.
    Believeing in Jesus is only the "first" step in being a complete christian.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Mar '14 12:511 edit
    Of the JW's, i admire your work. But you hurt yourselves by not allowing the Spirit of Truth to work though you. Has any of your 8 million strong been Baptized in the Holy Spirit?

As the Apostles were, so the whole of your church needs this. It is very important.
    Everyone........http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2002243?q=baptism&p=par
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '14 17:03
    Why won't you respond to my post?

Are you afraid of the content?

Do you think observers will find your repeated cowardly behavior in some way an endearing resistance to the powers of the dark side?
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Mar '14 13:25
    Here is a little more info on baptism and what it means with Jesus in view....

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200000555#h=21:0-38:0
  14. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    25 Mar '14 04:39
    The J. W.'s do not have the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. If they did, they would know that Jesus is God. They would know that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are One God.
  15. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    25 Mar '14 04:54
    Here is a little more info on baptism and what it means with Jesus in view....

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200000555#h=21:0-38:0
    My previous post being said. You are still children of God, just learning to walk.

I realize you will totally disagree with me, but that is ok, it is something i expect.

It matters not that the J. W.'s have been around a number of years, your teachings are very limited. The fulness of God is much greater than you know.

You will think i am attacking you. I am not!

To me, you are as children, full of energy, enough to wear me out, ha, ha. Fortunately or unfortunately, we are coming into a period of time that will test the very fabric of everyone's faith. The growth will be emence, and the movement of the Holy Spirit will be strong for all.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree