1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Jul '12 16:43
    Originally posted by tim88
    Now that i'm number one HAMMER! I won't tolerate this attention seeking -you've been warned!
    excuse my ignorance, but whats a number one hammer? mjolnir?
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    05 Jul '12 17:49
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    tis a pity, a great theist leaves disturbing the fabric of the forum universe, i predict the
    Sith materialists will take it over and plunge the universe into chaos once again, while a
    few remaining theist Jedi's, guardians of the ancient truths, remain.
    may the farce be with you.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '12 17:541 edit
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    may the farce be with you.
    yeah right, everyone knows materialism and the new morality is a failure, the God of
    science is dead!
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '12 19:04
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I have enjoyed making so many friends here and I hate to leave.
    However, I have done enough damage and apologize for all the misunderstandings.
    Good luck and may God bless all of you.
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    Every character in every series has it's sell by date; perhaps you could come back as Dr Drake Ramoray?
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Jul '12 19:121 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I have enjoyed making so many friends here and I hate to leave.
    However, I have done enough damage and apologize for all the misunderstandings.
    Good luck and may God bless all of you.
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    My question is a simple why and what did you accomplish while you were here?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '12 19:33
    Originally posted by galveston75
    My question is a simple why and what did you accomplish while you were here?
    That's 2 questions.

Just sayin'....
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Jul '12 19:34
    Originally posted by divegeester
    That's 2 questions.

Just sayin'....
    oooops!!!! 🙂
  8. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    06 Jul '12 04:14
    yeah right, everyone knows materialism and the new morality is a failure, the God of
    science is dead!
    what is materialism? what is the new morality? how does it compare with the old morality of stoning people to death for picking up sticks or torturing people for eternity for not believing in a ridiculous myth?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Jul '12 09:46
    And I thought he learnt something...

Either that or defiantly stupid til the end.

Sigh
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jul '12 10:24
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    what is materialism? what is the new morality? how does it compare with the old morality of stoning people to death for picking up sticks or torturing people for eternity for not believing in a ridiculous myth?
    It appears to me to pall into insignificance compared with the 115,000 children that will
    be aborted this day, to be denied the right of life, the vast majority for no other reason
    than social convenience, i repeat, the God of science is dead, we have no need for him
    any longer, he has provided nothing by which we have enriched our spiritual lives,
    except fractals, which anyone must admit are pretty groovy.
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Jul '12 10:36
    It appears to me to pall into insignificance compared with the 115,000 children that will
    be aborted this day, to be denied the right of life, the vast majority for no other reason
    than social convenience, i repeat, the God of science is dead, we have no need for him
    any longer, he has provided nothing by which we have enriched our spiritual lives,
    except fractals, which anyone must admit are pretty groovy.
    but its okay for god to abort babies???....seems rather hypocritical and cruel.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jul '12 10:39
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    but its okay for god to abort babies???....seems rather hypocritical and cruel.
    the Bible speaks against the abortion of children, in fact, it carried the death penalty in
    ancient times, where does it state that God aborts children?
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Jul '12 11:05
    the Bible speaks against the abortion of children, in fact, it carried the death penalty in
    ancient times, where does it state that God aborts children?
    look at all the women who dont make it full term and for no apparent reason they loose their baby. gods got his hand in there somewhere, either he has taken the baby or stood by and done nothing to stop it happening.
    he can not be angry about abortions and have his people make a big fuss about it and at the same time do nothing to help babies who are trying to be born.
    so what is it, is he taking the babies or is he doing nothing to help?
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    06 Jul '12 11:19
    look at all the women who dont make it full term and for no apparent reason they loose their baby. gods got his hand in there somewhere, either he has taken the baby or stood by and done nothing to stop it happening.
    he can not be angry about abortions and have his people make a big fuss about it and at the same time do nothing to help babies who are trying to be born.
    Bingo!!

For a God who can supposedly save the world when he turns up ending all death and suffering he's been remarkably vacant for the last 2000 years. Where was he during the holocaust? Where was he during the Black Death? Where was he during the Rwandan genocide? Where was he during the countless rapes and sexual assaults during the last two millennia?

I see that Rob in another thread call God's 'no show' an act of great patience. If i was walking down the street and walked straight past a woman being sexually assaulted and did nothing, i somehow doubt he would call my actions 'an act of patience'.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Jul '12 13:53
    I must point out that your argument can easily be extended to all the children that die in early childhood, or late childhood, or early adulthood, or late adulthood, or before their 120th birthday.
    Does the fact that God stands by and lets you die at 119, mean that he should not object to murder? Yes, actually, you do have a point. Either death is not bad, or God has a good reason for allowing it (that makes up for its 'badness'😉 or he is neglectful. The question then is whether murder is bad because death is bad or for some other reason. If it is some other reason, then your argument might have a hole.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree