1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 11:47
    @karoly-aczel said
    there is expectation here and elsewhere ..
    Okay
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 18:11
    @kellyjay said
    Okay
    Saw it and it was powerful. No one left until after all credits were done, I don’t think I even heard any conversations till then too. Nothing visual but the topic, powerful movie.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 19:201 edit
    @divegeester said
    Well I have not heard of the film so I can’t comment other than what I said above that it sounds grissly. I don’t think I’d want to watch it.

Not my business I know, but I’d question my wife’s motives to watching it if I was in your position, as I sense an opportunity to protect her from an unnecessary barrage of powerfully charged emotional images which could wound.
    Why would you have heard of him?

He is only the #1 mass murderer in US history.

Thankfully, the press refused to report it and Hollywood refused to do a movie about it, so they found someone else to do the film.

I have not seen the film but I will.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 19:54
    @whodey said
    Why would you have heard of him?

He is only the #1 mass murderer in US history.

Thankfully, the press refused to report it and Hollywood refused to do a movie about it, so they found someone else to do the film.

I have not seen the film but I will.
    Would you consider this kind of film a feelgood movie?
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 19:59
    @kazetnagorra said
    No without a doubt not a feel good movie, I don’t have words for it! I think anyone who sees it will be impacted by it.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 20:043 edits
    @kazetnagorra said
    Did you read up on the "movie"?

From the sounds of it, it's no more than a Fundamentalist Christian propaganda film. Little different from Fundamentalist Islam propaganda films: Cheap but effective in reaching their target audience. "Preaching to the choir" so to speak.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 20:16
    @thinkofone said

From the sounds of it, it's no more than a Fundamentalist Christian propaganda film. Little different from Fundamentalist Islam propaganda films: Cheap but effective in reaching their target audience. "Preaching to the choir" so to speak.
    You have no clue
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 20:311 edit
    @kellyjay said
    You have no clue
    Like you did NOT go to sit see it and start a thread on it in the spirituality forum because it's an anti-abortion propaganda film. It's why the film was made.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 20:351 edit
    @thinkofone said
    Like you did NOT go to sit see it and start a thread on it in the spirituality forum because it's an anti-abortion propaganda film. It's why the film was made.
    Mind reading again.
    I actually wasn’t thrilled about seeing it.
    This was about murder!
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 20:40
    @kellyjay said
    Mind reading again.
    I actually wasn’t thrilled about seeing it.
    That's what you said earlier. But you and your wife went anyway. Why? When you boil it all down: What was the point to going to see the film? What was the point of starting a thread on it in the spirituality forum? What was the point of making the film?
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 20:43
    Its got Dean Cain in it...errrrghhh!!!!
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 21:00
    @stellspalfie said
    Its got Dean Cain in it...errrrghhh!!!!
    I wonder why someone like Dean Cain got involved with a project like that.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 21:02
    @thinkofone said
    That's what you said earlier. But you and your wife went anyway. Why? When you boil it all down: What was the point to going to see the film? What was the point of starting a thread on it in the spirituality forum? What was the point of making the film?
    She was going to go with or without me, but wanted my company so I went. The point was I wanted to know if anyone had seen it or heard of it. You have not seen it but believe it is just a propaganda. It is a movie based on real events, real people who did real things. Fact check the movie unless you just want to trust your mind reading ability to denigrate.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 21:04
    @thinkofone said

Not about Christ at all, it is about a man.
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 21:101 edit
    @kellyjay said
    She was going to go with or without me, but wanted my company so I went. The point was I wanted to know if anyone had seen it or heard of it. You have not seen it but believe it is just a propaganda. It is a movie based on real events, real people who did real things. Fact check the movie unless you just want to trust your mind reading ability to denigrate.
    Once again:
    << [Why did you and your wife want to see the film?} What was the point of starting a thread on it in the spirituality forum? What was the point of making the film?>>

You have not seen it but believe it is just a propaganda. It is a movie based on real events, real people who did real things.

What's your point? Many a propaganda film has been made "based on real events, real people who did real things". So what?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree