1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 14:064 edits
    @fmf said
    I don't think so. I think some sociopaths in various places around the country might ride into their local towns and shoot up some government offices or some such. But they will get shot by law enforcement or sent to gaol.
    I think you are right. Most people just want to live their lives and be left alone. In fact, the majority of Americans during the American Revolution did not participate either.

That is why most despotic regimes seem to last forever.

Add to that that is seems like half the secular society in the US are all high on drugs, which is why Leftists also seem to push legalizing these substances, like alcohol which kills more Americans than any other drug every year.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 14:29
    @whodey said
    I think you are right. Most people just want to live their lives and be left alone. In fact, the majority of Americans during the American Revolution did not participate either.

That is why most despotic regimes seem to last forever.

Add to that that is seems like half the secular society in the US are all high on drugs, which is why Leftists also seem to push legalizing these substances, like alcohol which kills more Americans than any other drug every year.
    Do you believe people like you and SecondSon would be morally justified in taking up arms against the federal government and killing people if Trump gets impeached or if he loses in November?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 14:38
    @fmf said
    Do you believe people like you and SecondSon would be morally justified in taking up arms against the federal government and killing people if Trump gets impeached or if he loses in November?
    When to feel compelled to take a life is a situational matter. Hypotheticals are all we can muster when not in that situation. But I think most of us have no desire to do any such thing, or at least, I hope not.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 14:41
    @whodey said
    When to feel compelled to take a life is a situational matter. Hypotheticals are all we can muster when not in that situation. But I think most of us have no desire to do any such thing, or at least, I hope not.
    So, once again: Do you believe people like you and SecondSon would be morally justified in taking up arms against the federal government and killing people if Trump actually gets impeached or if he actually loses in November?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 14:43
    @whodey said
    When to feel compelled to take a life is a situational matter.
    I have presented you with two situations, both of which are possible and/or likely in the U.S. in 2020.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 14:43
    @fmf said
    So, once again: Do you believe people like you and SecondSon would be morally justified in taking up arms against the federal government and killing people if Trump actually gets impeached or if he actually loses in November?
    Again, it depends on the situation. I've already included hypotheticals. Did you not read it?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 14:46
    @whodey said
    Again, it depends on the situation. I've already included hypotheticals. Did you not read it?
    So, if Trump is either removed or ejected from office in 2020, that would NOT warrant armed rebellion, right?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 14:49
    @fmf said
    I know Infowars is insisting that if Trump loses in November 2020 the Democrats are going to round up and execute millions of Christians. Do you believe that might happen?
    BUMP for whodey.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 14:52
    SecondSon, do you see yourself as being more militant than whodey on this issue of imminent "revolution" with "guns"?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 15:142 edits
    @fmf said
    So, if Trump is either removed or ejected from office in 2020, that would NOT warrant armed rebellion, right?
    That is a broad hypothetical question, and as such, inane.

But if you are asking do I explode in a rage over election results like we saw when Trump was elected, no.

Ultimately, God is in control and has let us know things will get far more dicey than the scenario you suggest.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 15:16
    @whodey said
    That is a broad hypothetical question, and as such, inane.
    You believe talk about armed rebellion if Trump's presidency ends in 2020 is "inane"?
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 15:17
    @fmf said
    You believe talk about armed rebellion if Trump's presidency ends in 2020 is "inane"?
    I believe generalized hypotheticals are inane, unless you are going to go start shooting people over a stupid election.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 15:18
    @whodey said
    But if you are asking do I explode in a rage over election results like we saw when Trump was elected, no.
    I know Infowars ~ a favourite source of yours for political news and anaysis ~ is insisting that if Trump loses in November 2020 the Democrats are going to round up and execute millions of Christians.

Do you believe that might happen?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 15:19
    @whodey said
    I believe generalized hypotheticals are inane, unless you are going to go start shooting people over a stupid election.
    You think Trump leaving office in 2020 is an "inane" hypothetical?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 15:20
    @whodey said
    What kind of "shooting" do you think SecondSon has in mind on this thread?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree