1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 12:29
    @whodey said
    The idea of a "revolution" is somewhat absurd in the US. For example, the American revolution was a fluke. Here you had a small army defying the largest most powerful army in the world. The circumstances that allowed the revolution to be successful were many.

1. The large expanse of ocean separating the two continents making it very hard to maneuver militarily.
    2. Th ...[text shortened]... revolution, in which either Russia or China fills the gap by slicing and dicing the globe together.
    Once again, if Trump loses in November 2020, will you support "We're talkin' revolution, with guns" action if there is any?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 12:30
    @whodey said
    The idea of a "revolution" is somewhat absurd in the US.
    So you think SecondSon is being absurd on this thread?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 12:422 edits
    @fmf said
    Once again, if Trump loses in November 2020, will you support "We're talkin' revolution, with guns" action if there is any?
    Well for the sake of argument, let's say that a revolution would be successful in the US today, at least militarily. After the fact it would ultimately fail.

The major reason that the US Revolution was deeded successful was because the society at the time produced the leaders capable of not only fighting the war, which was the easy part, but then forging a government that was worth dying for. Their focus was a limited government and personal freedom. Their focus was the continuation of the freedom of religion. This is the society that produced the Founding Fathers.

Conversely, the French revolution was conducted by a mob who only wanted a slice of the top 1%, much of what we see in society in the US today. Essentially a society of Suzy's. They beheaded their leaders as society ended up following a warmongering dictator in Napoleon years later. The church and God and religious freedom was an after thought. Essentially the French revolution was headed by a bunch of vacuous amoral twits like we see run the US government today.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 12:44
    @whodey said
    Well for the sake of argument, let's say that a revolution would be successful in the US today, at least militarily. After the fact it would ultimately fail.

The major reason that the US Revolution was deeded successful was because the society at the time produced the leaders capable of not only fighting the war, which was the easy part, but then forging a government that ...[text shortened]... g dictator in Napoleon years later. The church and God and religious freedom was an after thought.
    Do you support or oppose the "revolution" with "guns" that SecondSon is talking about?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 12:471 edit
    @fmf said
    So you think SecondSon is being absurd on this thread?
    He is expressing a general feeling of discontent that is wide spread in the country in which he resides.

But even if the notion of fighting is futile, that does not necessarily mean it should not be fought.

For example, IF and when the state comes for Christians to round them up to take the Mark of the Beast as described in Revelation, should they fight? Likewise, should the Jews in the Polish ghettos have taken up arms like they did in a hopeless cause against their oppressors instead of meekly entering the cattle cars to the death camps?

I'm inclined to say yes.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 12:53
    @whodey said
    He is expressing a general feeling of discontent that is wide spread in the country in which he resides.
    He has been very specific.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 12:55
    @whodey said
    For example, IF and when the state comes for Christians to round them up to take the Mark of the Beast as described in Revelation, should they fight?
    I know Infowars is insisting that if Trump loses in November 2020 the Democrats are going to round up and execute millions of Christians. Do you believe that might happen?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 13:03
    @whodey said
    He is expressing a general feeling of discontent that is widespread in the country in which he resides. But even if the notion of fighting is futile, that does not necessarily mean it should not be fought.
    Do you concur with this? "If there will be a revolution in America, and I believe that sooner or later one will happen, and given the fact that there are approximately 100 million guns and a trillion rounds of ammunitions in the hands of at least 60 million law abiding citizens, the largest standing army as it were in human history, people will be killed."
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 13:281 edit
    @fmf said
    Do you concur with this? "If there will be a revolution in America, and I believe that sooner or later one will happen, and given the fact that there are approximately 100 million guns and a trillion rounds of ammunitions in the hands of at least 60 million law abiding citizens, the largest standing army as it were in human history, people will be killed."
    As the morality of society wanes, through increased secularism as we have seen over the years, then violence will increase within that society.

And as Franklin aptly quipped, ",..and believe farther that this is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only end in Despotism, as other forms have done before it, when the people shall become so corrupted as to need despotic Government, being incapable of any other. When the people shall become so corrupted as to need despotic Government".

At some point during this activity the government will then be compelled to round up the arms to try and restore "order".

I think this is why Leftists who want a government to rule with an iron fist are at war with morality. They know that this is the key to their goals.

As to the details, that is for history to unveil. History has already shown us how gun violence has exponentially increased since the 1960's when prayer was taken out of the schools.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 13:37
    @whodey said
    As the morality of society wanes, through increased secularism as we have seen over the years, then violence will increase within that society.

And as Franklin aptly quipped, ",..and believe farther that this is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only end in Despotism, as other forms have done before it, when the people shall become so corrupted a ...[text shortened]... gun violence has exponentially increased since the 1960's when prayer was taken out of the schools.
    Once again, do you or do you not concur with this?

"If there will be a revolution in America, and I believe that sooner or later one will happen, and given the fact that there are approximately 100 million guns and a trillion rounds of ammunitions in the hands of at least 60 million law abiding citizens, the largest standing army as it were in human history, people will be killed."
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 13:38
    @fmf said
    Once again, do you or do you not concur with this?

"If there will be a revolution in America, and I believe that sooner or later one will happen, and given the fact that there are approximately 100 million guns and a trillion rounds of ammunitions in the hands of at least 60 million law abiding citizens, the largest standing army as it were in human history, people will be killed."
    I can only hope it does not happen.

What do you think?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 13:39
    @whodey said
    I can only hope it does not happen.
    I didn't ask you what you hope. What about what I did ask you?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 13:42
    @whodey said
    What do you think?
    I don't think so. I think some sociopaths in various places around the country might ride into their local towns and shoot up some government offices or some such. But they will get shot by law enforcement or sent to gaol.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 13:43
    @secondson said
    If there will be a revolution in America, and I believe that sooner or later one will happen, and given the fact that there are approximately 100 million guns and a trillion rounds of ammunitions in the hands of at least 60 million law abiding citizens, the largest standing army as it were in human history, people will be killed.
    people will be killed

Are there any killings of high profile people that you will support? What are their names?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 13:51
    @whodey said
    I'm inclined to say yes.
    Would you say "yes" to taking up arms against the federal government if Trump gets impeached or if he loses in November?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree