1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 May '14 04:38
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I'd say religion is a pretty big deal in the scope of things, as it relates to human beings.
    I think so too. This is perhaps why I have been a regular contributor to this forum for so many years.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 May '14 04:51
    We don't have control over so many aspects of life, yet we continue to talk about them--- knowing full well our talk is mere fantasy.
    I have a fair deal of control over most aspects of my life. Death is inevitable and the ultimate natural fact of life. I have little or no control over when it will happen. This does not make death "the most perplexing thing known". Choosing to talk more about aspects of life that I do have measures of actual control over is not "mere fantasy". On the other hand, you saying "...a properly cared for and well-maintained body ought to last forever" and "death truly isn't natural--- at least for humans, it's not"..now that is 'mere fantasy'.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 May '14 05:07
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I am 65 and have seen my share of too many loved one's depart..As sad as death is, we rejoice in that we will be reunited in the Kingdom.
    Praise be to God!
    Very true
    Kelly
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    28 May '14 23:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have a fair deal of control over most aspects of my life. Death is inevitable and the ultimate natural fact of life. I have little or no control over when it will happen. This does not make death "the most perplexing thing known". Choosing to talk more about aspects of life that I do have measures of actual control over is not "mere fantasy". On the other hand ...[text shortened]... r" and "death truly isn't natural--- at least for humans, it's not"..now that is 'mere fantasy'.
    Ever hear of the Hayflick limit?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 May '14 01:18
    Ever hear of the Hayflick limit?
    Does "the Hayflick limit" explain why you claim to think "death is entirely unnatural" or why you claim death is "insulting" or why you state that "death "the most perplexing aspect of human existence known" [besides life itself] or does "the Hayflick limit" explain all three of your assertions?

You've stated unequivocally that death makes sense to you, so it appears you are attempting to project this notion that, in some way, it does not make sense, onto other people, so it's you ~ and not other people, like me ~ who has to make a case.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 May '14 01:31
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Very true
    Kelly
    I also believe death is a merciful act of God in a way...Imagine if Adam and Eve had eaten of the Tree of Life in their fallen state.
    We would all have eternal life. Even the deaf, the blind, those born with down syndrome, etc. They would be in that state forever.
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    29 May '14 03:38
    I also believe death is a merciful act of God in a way...Imagine if Adam and Eve had eaten of the Tree of Life in their fallen state.
    We would all have eternal life. Even the deaf, the blind, those born with down syndrome, etc. They would be in that state forever.
    Imagine if there was no Tree That Screws Things Up If You Eat From It. We could have been a species that was permanently free from sin and the suffering it brings.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 May '14 07:49
    Worse than that, we would have been in the same state Satan and his
    dark host are in, one that couldn't been redeem due to Jesus' death and
    being raised from the grave. Note: I have friends that have kids with
    Downs and know them...I don't think they are less than.
    Kelly
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 May '14 07:51
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Imagine if there was no Tree That Screws Things Up If You Eat From It. We could have been a species that was permanently free from sin and the suffering it brings.
    I think about that one a lot, as well as why create "needs", heat, cold,
    sweet, sour, and such things. I can only imagine because it matters to
    God for some reason that we endure such things.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree