hail obama, obama hitler?????

hail obama, obama hitler?????

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
22 Nov 08

Originally posted by josephw
My point is, without Christ it is impossible to know God. ....
I have a huge problem with this. It is exclusionary of other legitimate religions and faiths and has, in the past, been the excuse that Christianity has used to assert itself in evil ways.

The time has come to pass for Christians to arise from their child-like, selfish, and dated ideas of Christology and recognize that they are not the only kids in God's sandbox. The American Indians, for example, have a rich spiritual tradition that understands their interdependence with the environment. I would trade that understanding any day for someone's trite declaration that I have been "saved". In fact, I believe I already have, and my expression of Christianity is better for it.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
22 Nov 08
1 edit

Do you think that everyone in the world has the spirit of God?

Or only those that profess Christ?

Do you think that one can comprehend (know) God without the Spirit of God?
I think my dog has the spirit of God.

http://www.chapel.duke.edu/worship/sunday/viewsermon.aspx?id=257

S

Moves
22 Nov 08

Originally posted by kirksey957
I think my dog has the spirit of God.

My cat knows I have the spirit of God:

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
22 Nov 08

Originally posted by Sushill
My cat knows I have the spirit of God:

That's beautiful. I bet you are a man of peace and love.

S

Moves
22 Nov 08
1 edit

Yes I am, but I just might start cursing and scolding for not putting the correct link in my previous message.

This is why my cat thinks I have the spirit of God in me:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee62/Zwabberaar/Lisa_praying.jpg

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
24 Nov 08

Originally posted by Badwater
I have a huge problem with this. It is exclusionary of other legitimate religions and faiths and has, in the past, been the excuse that Christianity has used to assert itself in evil ways.

The time has come to pass for Christians to arise from their child-like, selfish, and dated ideas of Christology and recognize that they are not the only kids in God's ...[text shortened]... ved". In fact, I believe I already have, and my expression of Christianity is better for it.
I hate to say this,(I really do), but you could not be more wrong.

It all hinges on this one very critical issue. Do you believe that Jesus died on the cross and rose from the dead?

You can look all over the world and not find another "faith" that asserts this idea. It is central to the Christian faith, which makes it unlike any other.

Universalism has you in it's sway.

Cape Town

Moves
25 Nov 08

It all hinges on this one very critical issue. Do you believe that Jesus died on the cross and rose from the dead?

You can look all over the world and not find another "faith" that asserts this idea. It is central to the Christian faith, which makes it unlike any other.

Am I mistaken or are you saying "my religion has one unique belief therefore it is a unique religion"? Surely that is a trivial fact about all religions? Why else would we give them different names?
As for rising from the dead, that is most definitely not unique to Christianity, only the Jesus rising from the dead is and only if you include the Mormons in the Christian religion.

Moves
25 Nov 08

You have an opinion - acknowledged. Your opinion in no way refutes my contentions and can therefore be dangerous.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
25 Nov 08

Originally posted by Badwater
You have an opinion - acknowledged. Your opinion in no way refutes my contentions and can therefore be dangerous.
You know, the Greeks adopted Christianity because they found a way for it to accord with reason. I wonder what they'd have made of josephw's irrationalism.

Z

Moves
25 Nov 08

Originally posted by twhitehead
Am I mistaken or are you saying "my religion has one unique belief therefore it is a unique religion"? Surely that is a trivial fact about all religions? Why else would we give them different names?
As for rising from the dead, that is most definitely not unique to Christianity, only the Jesus rising from the dead is and only if you include the Mormons in the Christian religion.
no mormons! mormons are evil and they shall be cast into the fiery pit of damnation for all eternity.

praise jesus

Cape Town

Moves
25 Nov 08

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
no mormons! mormons are evil and they shall be cast into the fiery pit of damnation for all eternity.

praise jesus
And from what I can tell from a brief look at Wikipedia, Rastafarians believe in Jesus' resurrection too. josephw's uniqueness claim is starting to look rather shaky.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
25 Nov 08

I'm debating with clowns.

The way I see it, the 5 posts above were written by either an individual that lacks the ability to follow a thought through a thread or is deliberately trying to confuse the issue because you have nothing of substance to say to refute the truth of the resurrection of Jesus.

Cape Town

Moves
25 Nov 08

I'm debating with clowns.

The way I see it, the 5 posts above were written by either an individual that lacks the ability to follow a thought through a thread or is deliberately trying to confuse the issue because you have nothing of substance to say to refute the truth of the resurrection of Jesus.
I apologize if I came in the middle of a conversation and missed the subject. I wasn't trying to refute the truth of the resurrection of Jesus nor thought I had been challenged to do so. I simply saw a post by you stating that Christianity was unique because it has a unique claim that Jesus died and was resurrected and thought that you should rethink that claim as it is either rather trivial or outright wrong.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
26 Nov 08

Originally posted by twhitehead
I apologize if I came in the middle of a conversation and missed the subject. I wasn't trying to refute the truth of the resurrection of Jesus nor thought I had been challenged to do so. I simply saw a post by you stating that Christianity was unique because it has a unique claim that Jesus died and was resurrected and thought that you should rethink that claim as it is either rather trivial or outright wrong.
No problem. I've done the same thing myself.

Trivial? My friend, what is trivial about the resurrection of Jesus? Without the resurrection Christianity would be no different than any other religion. But if in fact Jesus did rise from the dead, then all other faiths are nothing.

There is nothing trivial about the resurrection. The basis of the Christian faith rests on the resurrection of Jesus.

Moves
27 Nov 08

Trivial? My friend, what is trivial about the resurrection of Jesus? Without the resurrection Christianity would be no different than any other religion. But if in fact Jesus did rise from the dead, then all other faiths are nothing.

There is nothing trivial about the resurrection. The basis of the Christian faith rests on the resurrection of Jesus.
If Jesus rose from the dead all other faiths are nothing? NOT. That kind of exclusionary drivel is dangerous in thought and deadly in practice. Other faiths have the right to their expression regardless of whether the resurrection happened or not. They have the right, and it can be correct - there can be more than one right point of view.

The perspective you would seem to follow has been used violently upon persons, cultures, and religions that do not agree with it. It is used as an excuse for cultural and religious genocide, if you will. It is the same perspective that militant and extremist sects use in their expression of Islam, Judaism, Sikhism, Christianity, etc.: You are wrong, you are nothing, you must die.

Jesus need not have resurrected for a valid expression of Christianity. He still teaches a vital way of getting along with one another (even though it's often selectively followed), and that covenant and a place with God is open to all. Open to all. Even those who don't believe that Jesus rose from the dead.