Hail, Oh Infallible Science!

Hail, Oh Infallible Science!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
25 Jun 06

As further testament to the unerring rightness of science, what a great week for those who hold unswervingly to limited understanding.

Introducing Nix and Hydra, two of (at least) three moons in Pluto's orbit--- previously held to be but one. Who says science can't be trusted?

a

Meddling with things

Moves
25 Jun 06

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
As further testament to the unerring rightness of science, what a great week for those who hold unswervingly to limited understanding.

Introducing Nix and Hydra, two of (at least) three moons in Pluto's orbit--- previously held to be but one. Who says science can't be trusted?
In the light of new evidence scientists revise their ideas (shock).

Compare and contrast

In the light of new evidence creationists cling to their (god-dunnit) ideas (shock).

In the light of carefully selected evidence IDers attempt to discredit other people's ideas thus 'proving' that an unknown force(TM)* dunnit.(shock).

* any resemblence between 'unknown force(TM)' and god is entirely coincidental

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
25 Jun 06

Well, that is kind of like saying "We have drugs to cure certain diseases now that were thought to be incurable so there's proof that science can't be trusted."

d

Moves
25 Jun 06

Well I certainly won't be getting on another aeroplane.

C
Ego-Trip in Progress

Phoenix, AZ

Moves
25 Jun 06

This thread is testament to the further misrepresentation of what science is. I would say "misunderstanding", but I honestly don't believe Freaky is that ignorant.

-JC

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
25 Jun 06

I am so thankful that through faith and prayer we came know of the existence of these two satellites.

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
25 Jun 06

It has been revealed to me that these three moons are, in fact, one-- in virtue of their ontological cosubstantiality. Hence, there is no need to worry about heretical incompatibility with previous scientific doctrine.

B

Moves
25 Jun 06

Hm....so in order for science to be valid, we would have to never again discover, do, or think anything new? Sweet.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
25 Jun 06

Originally posted by Churlant
This thread is testament to the further misrepresentation of what science is. I would say "misunderstanding", but I honestly don't believe Freaky is that ignorant.

-JC
The person who rec'd him is!

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
25 Jun 06

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
The person who rec'd him is!
Wasn't me that rec'd him. lol

BM

RDU NC

Moves
25 Jun 06

Originally posted by frogstomp
Wasn't me that rec'd him. lol
is this one of those rec'd him = rectum jokes?

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
25 Jun 06

Originally posted by dottewell
Well I certainly won't be getting on another aeroplane.
Did you know that no one knows why planes stay in the air? It's a complete mystery to those damn scientists. 🙄

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
25 Jun 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Did you know that no one knows why planes stay in the air? It's a complete mystery to those damn scientists. 🙄
i know why.

Its because damn drunk people wont get back into their seats, and put their seat belt on.
😠

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
25 Jun 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
I think you're confusing aeroplanes with bumble bees. Although we now thing that flies actually create a mini vaccuum above their wings that literally "sucks" them upwards.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
25 Jun 06

This is just such a wonderful example of how much Freaky hates science.

The only question that remains is "why?"