1. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 00:10
    This post doesn't require a response. It is for information purposes only.
    I notice some have used this term in their threads and I want to add to your information about this Biblical term.

HALLELUJAH
    (Hal·le·luʹjah).
    A transliteration of the Hebrew expression ha·lelu-Yahʹ, appearing first at Psalm 104:35. It is nearly always translated “praise Jah, you people.” The expression occurs 24 times in the Hebrew Scriptures and introduces and/or concludes the Psalms in which it is found. (See Ps 112:1; 115:18; 146:1, 10; 147:1, 20; 148:1, 14; 149:1, 9; 150:1, 6.). A Greek form of it appears four times at Revelation 19:1-6, where the reference is to the joy experienced over the destruction of Babylon the Great and that associated with Jehovah’s beginning to rule as King.—See JAH.

JAH
    A poetic shortened form of Jehovah, the name of the Most High God. (Ex 15:1, 2) This abbreviated form is represented by the first half of the Hebrew Tetragrammaton יהוה (YHWH), that is, the letters yohdh (י) and heʼ (ה), the tenth and fifth letters of the Hebrew alphabet respectively.
    Jah occurs 50 times in the Hebrew Scriptures, 26 times alone, and 24 times in the expression “Hallelujah,” which is, literally, a command to a number of people to “praise Jah.” However, the presence of “Jah” in the original is completely ignored by certain popular versions. (Dy, Mo, RS) The King James Version and An American Translation have it only once, as “Jah” and “Yah” respectively. (Ps 68:4) In the English Revised Version it appears twice in the body of the text (Ps 68:4; 89:8), and in the American Standard Version the full form, Jehovah, is substituted throughout, but these latter two translations in practically every occurrence of the contracted form call it to our attention in footnotes. The New World Translation preserves for the reader all 50 occurrences of Jah, or Yah; and Rotherham’s Emphasised Bible, 49 of them.
    In the Christian Greek Scriptures “Jah” appears four times in the expression Hallelujah. (Re 19:1, 3, 4, 6) Most Bibles simply carry this Greek expression over into English untranslated, but G. W. Wade renders it, “Praise ye Jehovah,” and the New World Translation reads, “Praise Jah, you people!”
    The single syllable Jah is usually linked with the more moving emotions of praise and song, prayer and entreaty, and is generally found where the subject theme dwells upon a rejoicing over victory and deliverance, or where there is an acknowledgment of God’s mighty hand and power.

source: "Insight onthe Scriptures" 1988
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 14:39
    YAHSHUA

"Yahshua" means "Yah(weh) saves". Commonly understood by the Hebrew people as being the true name of the man commonly called "Jesus Christ".

JOHN 5:43, The Messiah said, "I have come in My Father's name, but, you did not recieve Me. Another will come in his own name, and him you will recieve."

"Yeshua" means "He saves" and was the most popular form of the name which is now commonly translated into English as "Jesus". But, "Yahshua" means "Yah saves", and therefore contains the name of The Father "Yah" (Weh). See Psalm 68:4.

Compare MATTHEW 1:16 and LUKE 3:23.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=yahshua
  3. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 19:21
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    YAHSHUA

"Yahshua" means "Yah(weh) saves". Commonly understood by the Hebrew people as being the true name of the man commonly called "Jesus Christ".

JOHN 5:43, The Messiah said, "I have come in My Father's name, but, you did not recieve Me. Another will come in his own name, and him you will recieve."

"Yeshua" means "He saves" and was the most po ...[text shortened]...
    Compare MATTHEW 1:16 and LUKE 3:23.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=yahshua
    You are correct to a degree.
    Interestingly, the Hebrew form of “Jesus” is “Jehoshuah,” which is an abbreviated form of “Jehovah-yeshua,” meaning “Jehovah is salvation.” So there it is—the name of the Father, the Supreme Being, is JEHOVAH. And how appropriate that Jesus, as Jehovah’s agent for salvation, should thus be named after his Father!
    source: "Insight on the Scriptures" 1988
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 05:001 edit
    Originally posted by roigam
    Interestingly, the Hebrew form of “Jesus” is “Jehoshuah,” which is an abbreviated form of “Jehovah-yeshua,” meaning “Jehovah is salvation.” So there it is—the name of the Father, the Supreme Being, is JEHOVAH. And how appropriate that Jesus, as Jehovah’s agent for salvation, should thus be named after his Father!
    "Insight on the Scriptures" 1988 is wrong on this one. Jehovah is incorrect.
    😏

http://www.christiandefense.org/Article%20on%20Jehovah.htm
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 14:00
    Can I count on you to be a witness to that?
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 15:55
    The Greek Ἰησοῦς (Iēsous), which occurs 975 times in 935 verses in the Greek concordance of the KJV, in English is Jesus, which means "Jehovah is salvation".
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 18:02
    Originally posted by josephw
    The Greek Ἰησοῦς (Iēsous), which occurs 975 times in 935 verses in the Greek concordance of the KJV, in English is Jesus, which means "Jehovah is salvation".
    Must I repeat:

Jehovah is incorrect.

http://www.christiandefense.org/Article%20on%20Jehovah.htm
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 18:123 edits
    How to Pronounce Alleluia

YouTube

What does Hallelujah mean in Hebrew? Biblical Hebrew for Christians by Dr. Eli Lizorkin.

YouTube

How to Pronounce Hebrew Words In HalleluYah Scriptures

YouTube
  9. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 19:22
    How to Pronounce Alleluia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wPxqNIM9RE

What does Hallelujah mean in Hebrew? Biblical Hebrew for Christians by Dr. Eli Lizorkin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVewuipUp_g

How to Pronounce Hebrew Words In HalleluYah Scriptures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U95BGQ63GgM
    Thank you all for your honest response.
    (Numbers 16:4, 5) When Moses heard this, he at once fell facedown. 5 Then he said to Korʹah and to all his supporters: “In the morning Jehovah will make known who belongs to him and who is holy and who should approach him, and whomever he may choose will approach him.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Feb '15 01:533 edits
    Now let's deal with a paradox, a problem to some readers of the Bible

In Exodus 6:3 God said to Moses - "I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Allsufficient [ or God Almighty - El Shaddai ] ; but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them."

Here is the puzzle. Certain passages in Genesis show that Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were all familiar with the name Jehovah such as (Gen. 12:4; 26:25; 32:9) . So how can we reconcile these passages with God's word in Exodus 6:3 ?

Anyone wish to explain ?
    (That is a non-trollish, non-frivolous explanation).
    No comedian "yuk, yuks" needed.

Did Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob know God as Jehovah or not ?

Expdus 6:3

King James Bible
    And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
    I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as God Almighty, but I did not reveal My name Yahweh to them.

Jubilee Bible 2000
    and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, as God Almighty, but by my name the LORD (YHWH) I was not known to them.
  11. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    18 Feb '15 08:47
    Originally posted by sonship
    Now let's deal with a paradox, a problem to some readers of the Bible

In [b]Exodus 6:3
    God said to Moses - "I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Allsufficient [ or God Almighty - El Shaddai ] ; but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them."

Here is the puzzle. Certain passages in Genesis ...[text shortened]... unto Jacob, as God Almighty, but by my name the LORD (YHWH) I was not known to them.
    [/quote][/b]
    Yes, they knew Him by His personal name Jehovah, but through Moses He was going to reveal a "new" aspect of His name. He was going to "become whatever He needed to be" in order to deliver the Israelites from slavery in Egypt.
    *** w14 4/15 p. 5 par. 10 Imitate the Faith of Moses ***
    First, Jehovah assured Moses: “I will prove to be with you.” (Ex. 3:12) Second, Jehovah inspired confidence by explaining one aspect of the meaning of his name: “I Will Become What I Choose to Become.” (Ex. 3:14) Third, he endowed Moses with miraculous power that proved that Moses was indeed sent by God. (Ex. 4:2-5)
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Feb '15 22:00
    Yes, they knew Him by His personal name Jehovah, but through Moses He was going to reveal a "new" aspect of His name. He was going to "become whatever He needed to be" in order to deliver the Israelites from slavery in Egypt.
    First, Jehovah assured Moses: “I will prove to be with you.” (Ex. 3:12) Sec ...[text shortened]... e endowed Moses with miraculous power that proved that Moses was indeed sent by God. (Ex. 4:2-5)
    And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

(Exodus 3:14 KJV)
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '15 22:061 edit
    And God said unto Moses, [b]I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

(Exodus 3:14 KJV)[/b]
    I am that I am does not even make sense in English never mind from the original Hebrew. Another epic fail Jonah Hinds.

That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth. Pslam 83:18 King James version.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Feb '15 23:372 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I am that I am does not even make sense in English never mind from the original Hebrew. Another epic fail Jonah Hinds.

That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth. Pslam 83:18 King James version.
    This is one place the King James translators got it wrong. Most modern versions translate it as LORD. However there are a few like the Holman Christian Standard Bible that translate it correctly as Yahweh:
    May they know that You alone-- whose name is Yahweh-- are the Most High over all the earth.

Psalm 83:18
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Feb '15 03:14
    First, Jehovah assured Moses: “I will prove to be with you.” (Ex. 3:12) Sec ...[text shortened]... e endowed Moses with miraculous power that proved that Moses was indeed sent by God. (Ex. 4:2-5)
    Not bad.

And if God should choose to become a Man ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree