1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Feb '15 02:403 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    The man you call Jesus was originally called Zeus.
    Spanish speaking countries still refer to him as "Hey Zeus" to this day.
    Yahshua was called many things, but the name he gave Moses to call Him was YAH meaning I AM.
    God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'" God, furthermore, said to Moses, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.' This is My name forever, and this is My memorial-name to all generations."

(Exodus 3:14-15 NASB)
    God said moreover to Moses, "You shall tell the children of Israel this, 'Yahweh, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.' This is my name forever, and this is my memorial to all generations."

(Exodus 3:15 World English Bible)

HalleluYAH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  2. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    24 Feb '15 03:461 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yahshua was called many things, but the name he gave Moses to call Him was YAH meaning I AM.
    God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'" God, furthermore, said to Moses, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the Go ...[text shortened]...

(Exodus 3:15 World English Bible)

HalleluYAH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    (Matthew 7:21) “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.
    Was Jesus in Heaven when he counseled us about this?
    No, he was on Earth but his Father Jehovah was in Heaven.
    Wouldn't you agree?
    Actually the name Jehovah means "I will become what I choose to become".
    Jehovah occurs in the Bible almost 7000 times. The Jews replaced it in the Hebrew Scriptures with LORD, etc. out of superstition.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Feb '15 06:161 edit
    Originally posted by roigam
    (Matthew 7:21) “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.
    Wouldn't you agree?
    Actually the name Jehovah means "I will become what ...[text shortened]... t 7000 times. The Jews replaced it in the Hebrew Scriptures with LORD, etc. out of superstition.
    Jehovah is a man-made word and can mean whatever man decides it to mean.

Hasting Dictionary of the Bible gives the following definition:

Jehovah, properly Yahweh (usually written Jahweh), defined in Exodus 3:10, when God Himself speaks in the first person, and the name becomes 'I Am.' It denotes, then, Existence; yet it is understood as expressing active and self-manifesting Existence (Driver p408). It is almost equivalent to 'He who has life in Himself' (John 5:26).
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Feb '15 18:441 edit
    Forms of the divine name in different languages, indicating international acceptance of the form Jehovah

Since English is the most widely used language we use the English form of God's Name.
    No, those are all forms of *Jehovah in different languages, indicating international discussion of why *Jehovah is not actually the name of God.

If you used the English form of God's name, you'd call him God, not *Jehovah.
  5. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    24 Feb '15 19:31
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    No, those are all forms of *Jehovah in different languages, indicating international discussion of why *Jehovah is not actually the name of God.

If you used the English form of God's name, you'd call him God, not *Jehovah.
    The Dictionary says: god is - a being of supernatural powers or attributes, an image of such a being, a very handsome man, a powerful ruler or despot. see American Heritage College Dictionary
    In essence the word god is a title not a name.
    Jehovah is a personal name and is used exclusively by our Heavenly Father.
    It is His name alone although the Jews incorporated it in names such as Jehesuah (English form Jesus) which means Jehovah is Salvation.
    Jesus is not exclusive and many happy parents have named their child Jesus.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Feb '15 00:362 edits
    The Dictionary says: god is - a being of supernatural powers or attributes, an image of such a being, a very handsome man, a powerful ruler or despot. see American Heritage College Dictionary
    In essence the word god is a title not a name.
    Jehovah is a personal name and is used exclusively by our Heavenly Father.
    It is His name alone although the Jews inco ...[text shortened]... hovah is Salvation.
    Jesus is not exclusive and many happy parents have named their child Jesus.
    Jehovah is a Latinization of one Hebrew vocalization of the Tetragrammaton (YHWH), the proper name of the God of Israel in the Hebrew Bible. This vocalization has been transliterated as "Yehowah", while YHWH itself has been transliterated as "Yahweh".

The earliest available Latin text to use a vocalization similar to Jehovah dates from the 13th century.

Most scholars believe "Jehovah" to be a late (c. 1100 CE) hybrid form derived by combining the Latin letters JHVH with the vowels of Adonai, but there is some evidence that it may already have been in use in Late Antiquity (5th century). The consensus among scholars is that the historical vocalization of the Tetragrammaton at the time of the redaction of the Torah (6th century BCE) is most likely Yahweh, however there is disagreement. The historical vocalization was lost because in Second Temple Judaism, during the 3rd to 2nd centuries BCE, the pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton came to be avoided, being substituted with Adonai ( "my Lord" ).

"Jehovah" was popularized in the English-speaking world by William Tyndale and other pioneer English Protestant translators, but is no longer used in mainstream English translations, with Lord or LORD used instead, generally indicating that the corresponding Hebrew is Yahweh or YHWH.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah

Yahweh

Yahweh, the God of the Israelites, his name being revealed to Moses as four Hebrew consonants (YHWH) called the tetragrammaton.

The Masoretes, who from about the 6th to the 10th century worked to reproduce the original text of the Hebrew Bible, replaced the vowels of the name YHWH with the vowel signs of the Hebrew words Adonai or Elohim. Thus, the artificial name Jehovah (YeHoWaH) came into being. Although Christian scholars after the Renaissance and Reformation periods used the term Jehovah for YHWH, in the 19th and 20th centuries biblical scholars again began to use the form Yahweh. Early Christian writers, such as Clement of Alexandria in the 2nd century, had used a form like Yahweh, and this pronunciation of the tetragrammaton was never really lost. Other Greek transcriptions also indicated that YHWH should be pronounced Yahweh.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/651183/Yahweh
  7. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    25 Feb '15 01:09
    Jehovah is a Latinization of one Hebrew vocalization of the Tetragrammaton (YHWH), the proper name of the God of Israel in the Hebrew Bible. This vocalization has been transliterated as "Yehowah", while YHWH itself has been transliterated as "Yahweh".

The earliest available Latin text to use a vocalization similar to Jehovah dates from the 13th c ...[text shortened]... should be pronounced Yahweh.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/651183/Yahweh
    Yes, it's too bad the Jews stopped pronouncing Jehovah's name out of superstition. Hopefully we don't fall into the same trap.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Feb '15 01:57
    Yes, it's too bad the Jews stopped pronouncing Jehovah's name out of superstition. Hopefully we don't fall into the same trap.
    The Mistaken J

http://www.yaiy.org/literature/MistakenJ.html
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Feb '15 11:431 edit
    The Mistaken J

http://www.yaiy.org/literature/MistakenJ.html
    We don't hear you crackin up when you pronounce Jesus with a J, do we. Another epic FAIL Ronald Jonah Hindus.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Feb '15 15:36
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    We don't hear you crackin up when you pronounce Jesus with a J, do we. Another epic FAIL Ronald Jonah Hindus.
    Jesus is pronounced with a "J" because it begins with a "J". However, Yahshua is not spelled with a "J", because their were no "J" in Hebrew or Greek or even English during His time. 😏
  11. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    25 Feb '15 20:29
    Jesus is pronounced with a "J" because it begins with a "J". However, Yahshua is not spelled with a "J", because their were no "J" in Hebrew or Greek or even English during His time. 😏
    The "god without a name" that many worship is spoken of at:
    2 corinthians 4:4.
    If as you seem to think Jesus is god, how would you explain Jesus' words at
    (John 14:28b) .. If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I am.
    Does this indicate that Jehovah and Jesus are equal?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Feb '15 20:53
    Wouldn't you agree?
    Actually the name Jehovah means "I will become what ...[text shortened]... t 7000 times. The Jews replaced it in the Hebrew Scriptures with LORD, etc. out of superstition.
    I see you stop where you do because your point (such as it is) was made.

Continue with Matthew 7:22 and 23.

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Who does this remind you of?

Jehovah occurs in the Bible almost 7000 times. The Jews replaced it in the Hebrew Scriptures with LORD, etc. out of superstition.

And reverence for the name of God. You think using the name of God shows reverence? The Jews didn't think so, they thought it showed an unearned familiarity, nothing more. You would call on the Most High, the Creator of the universe, as you would call on other humans??

Although that is better than inserting the name into the New Testament, hundreds of times, adding to the Word of God, as you've done with your own 'translation', where it didn't appear before.
  13. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    27 Feb '15 00:35
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I see you stop where you do because your point (such as it is) was made.

Continue with Matthew 7:22 and 23.

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied [b]in thy name
    ? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart ...[text shortened]... g to the Word of God, as you've done with your own 'translation', where it didn't appear before.[/b]
    Jehovah called Abraham His friend. Do friends call each other by name?
    We are all Jehovah God's children and can be His friends also.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Feb '15 05:49
    Jehovah called Abraham His friend. Do friends call each other by name?
    We are all Jehovah God's children and can be His friends also.
    Another name for Jehovah is Jesus. 😏
  15. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    28 Feb '15 22:19
    Another name for Jehovah is Jesus. 😏
    A translation of "Jesus" is "Jehovah is salvation".
    (Isaiah 43:11) I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.”
    So if Jehovah did not provide our Savior Jesus, there would be no savior, there would be no hope for any of us.
    (Acts 4:12) Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.”

(1 Corinthians 15:27, 28) For God “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him. 28 But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree