1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Oct '10 00:04
    Originally posted by galveston75
    That's silly.
    sillier than a 2000 year old history book?
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    24 Oct '10 00:182 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    collective, don't you mean, the chosen ones? the beautiful people? those that are at one with themselves? yes yes, naturally you did, never the less, we got our own chess club now, the JW paradise chess club and its a different atmosphere there, it really is, loving, kind, considerate, a people at one with God and within themselves, never of cou rituality, you know, anything is better than zilch really. . . . but then again maybe its not.
    Nope, i don't mean 'chosen ones', or 'beautiful people', or 'those that are at one with themselves' otherwise i would have written one of those descriptions. I meant collective, and that is what i wrote. As one of your memebers wrote on the forum recently 'you all look the same, think the same, talk the same'. You have been assimilated, and the irony is that you don't even realise it.

naturally we got better things to talk about than spammers and haters!

Cheerio then. Don't forget to send us a post card!!!!!!

Also, i don't think anyone hates you and Galvo. (I'm going out on a limb here) I reckon the majority of posters in this forum just think of you two as either egotistical, arrogant or annoying, or maybe a mixture of the three, no hate involved. Come on Rob, less of the sensationalism you like to delve into every now and again please.

I notice you haven't said much about Halloween, can you not suggest at least some kind of tenuous link with spirituality

Have a little look at the Celtic origins of the festival, the Celts believed the border between this world and the other world became thin on this day and that dressing up was a way to placate or copy the spirits. Turnips were hollowed out and carved to make lanterns to scare away evil spirits. Sounds pretty spiritual to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samhain
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    24 Oct '10 00:19
    Originally posted by josephw
    That's funny. What is a "donkey peckerneck"?
    I missed the coma.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Oct '10 01:16
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    sillier than a 2000 year old history book?
    You'll find out someday how silly it's not....
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Oct '10 01:25
    Originally posted by galveston75
    You'll find out someday how silly it's not....
    You guys keep telling me that. Whats the latest prediction?
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Oct '10 01:28
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I missed the coma.
    That's usually what happens when one is in a coma. lol
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Oct '10 01:42
    "Nope, i don't mean 'chosen ones', or 'beautiful people', or 'those that are at one with themselves' otherwise i would have written one of those descriptions. I meant collective, and that is what i wrote. As one of your memebers wrote on the forum recently 'you all look the same, think the same, talk the same'. You have been assimilated, and the irony is that you don't even realise it."

Thanks for noticing how we are because we do all believe the same, so yes we do realise it and very happy because of that. That's something you just don't see everyday huh?

The World Council and Unity
    The World Council of Churches includes over 300 Protestant and Eastern Orthodox churches that have more than 400 million members in over a hundred countries. The purpose of the council is “to proclaim the essential oneness of the Church of Christ and to keep prominently before the churches the obligation to manifest that unity and its urgency for the work of evangelism.” However, does the WCC offer any more hope for true Christian unity than does the Roman Catholic Church?
    On what basis does the WCC hope to unite Christians? An encyclopedia states: “World Council of Churches. . . . The members generally agree that division among Christians is contrary to God’s will and a grave obstacle to the acceptance of Christianity by non-Christians. . . . The conviction has grown that unity must be based upon truth.” So, then, what is considered to be fundamental truth by the over 300 member-churches of the WCC?
    In 1948 the original basis for membership in the WCC was considered by some churches as insufficiently Trinitarian. So in 1961 the basis for membership was modified to read: “The World Council of Churches is a fellowship of churches which confess the Lord Jesus Christ as God and Saviour according to the Scriptures and therefore seek to fulfil together their common calling to the glory of the one God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.”—Italics ours.
    That very basis for membership in the WCC is a contradiction in terms. Why? Because the belief in “one God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit” is not “according to the Scriptures.” The Encyclopedia of Religion states: “Theologians today are in agreement that the Hebrew Bible does not contain a doctrine of the Trinity.” Further, The New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology explains: “Primitive Christianity did not have an explicit doctrine of the Trinity.” And The New Encyclopædia Britannica declares: “Neither the word Trinity nor the explicit doctrine appears in the New Testament, nor did Jesus and his followers intend to contradict the Shema in the Old Testament: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord’ (Deut. 6:4).”
    Moreover, the WCC has become deeply involved in political struggles. For example, it has provided funds for armed liberation movements. The New Encyclopædia Britannica reveals: “Identifications with various revolutionary movements by WCC groups has occasioned criticism by some constituent churches.” Unchristian involvement in politics cannot bring about true Christian unity, any more than can an unbiblical doctrinal basis.
    True Unity Is Possible
    Interestingly, the French Encyclopædia Universalis (1989) states that the purpose of ecumenism is “to give back to the divided family of Christians profound and visible unity, in harmony with the teachings of Jesus. . . . Observing how Christians love one another, non-Christians should come to have faith and join the Church, prefiguring the new world in which service, righteousness, and peace will be the governing principles, as foretold and demonstrated by Christ. . . . It is noteworthy that . . . the Epistle to the Hebrews (II, 5) should speak of the ‘oi‧kou‧me′ne [inhabited earth] to come,’ thus emphasizing that the Christian hope is not for a nonfleshly spiritual world, but for this inhabited world [earth] reconciled with its Creator.”
    More and more members of Christendom’s churches are coming to realize that the teachings of their church are not in harmony with the teachings of Jesus. They notice with shame that the members of their religion do not love one another. Many of them, however, have found a family of Christians that are profoundly united, and they observe how these really love one another. Yes, they have found true Christian unity and hope among the worldwide family of Jehovah’s Witnesses.
    As a result, millions of former members of Christendom’s churches have come to have hope in God’s united new world, in which service, righteousness, and peace will be the governing principles.

If you had a Bible and would actually read these scriptures you would see proof of how God's people would be recognized.

Ps 133:1-3
    John 10:16 & 17:20,21
    Rom 16:7
    Eph 1:3
    1Cor 1:10
    1Pet 5:9
    Phil 1:27
    3 John 8

You can't even get a small town of a couple hundred to all agree on one issue on this planet but yet there are over 8 million Witnesses earth wide from all nationalities, races or whatever that all agree on the teachings of our God Jehovah.
    Blow it off as you may but try to top that..............
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    24 Oct '10 02:35
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    "Christian" ...hehhe. you're a real piece of work. If everyone thought like you what sort world would we live in?
    Think about it.
    Robbie talks about being assimilated, but you guys really want to assimilate everyone to your way of thinking. You guys are living in a fanatasy world. Its not going to happen. And if we dont assimilate then what?

hone ...[text shortened]... ety is the spice of life...(gosh why do I bother)

In fact why even respond to this thread?
    Resistance is futile !! Assimilate !! Like the Borg!!

Actually putting aside the religious connotations of Halloween for a minute I think it is just stupid to send kids out into the streets to get candy from total strangers!!

Manny
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    24 Oct '10 02:44
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    that the festival has its practice in a very ancient and pre Christian tradition i would like to see you deny, infact, i am calling you out, where did this festival originate and why. I want to hear you say it, where and why. If you cannot , will not, are unable to, say nothing less you incriminate yourself I shall provide the details for you. I h ...[text shortened]... into spirituality forum, if it has nothing to do with a religious or spiritual context. Do tell.
    http://www.allaboutpopularissues.org/origin-of-halloween.htm

I have no argument that the origins of Halloween are "Pagan" or pre-Christian.
    Just google it folks. However I would say the present form of the holiday is a shell of what it may have been as it has become silly. I'm like if people wanna let there kids run amok that's on them. LOL

Manny
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    24 Oct '10 02:49
    Originally posted by menace71
    http://www.allaboutpopularissues.org/origin-of-halloween.htm

I have no argument that the origins of Halloween are "Pagan" or pre-Christian.
    Just google it folks. However I would say the present form of the holiday is a shell of what it may have been as it has become silly. I'm like if people wanna let there kids run amok that's on them. LOL

Manny
    As an adult I can say I find halloween annoying (because of annoying kids) but on the otherhand I enjoy getting involved in making, and seeing other person's mean looking pumpkins :]
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Oct '10 03:47
    Originally posted by menace71
    Resistance is futile !! Assimilate !! Like the Borg!!

Actually putting aside the religious connotations of Halloween for a minute I think it is just stupid to send kids out into the streets to get candy from total strangers!!

Manny
    nope. We are just going to go to some nearby neighbours, whom I know. No Risks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree