Happy Easter

Happy Easter

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
19 Apr 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
so what, show me a single scriptural iota where Christ directs his disciples to celebrate his resurrection and I am in. Now if you cannot and lets face it you cannot, then one must ask the question from whence did it originate?
Is it forbidden by Christ?

F

Moves
19 Apr 14

so what, show me a single scriptural iota where Christ directs his disciples to celebrate his resurrection and I am in. Now if you cannot and lets face it you cannot, then one must ask the question from whence did it originate?
Are you asking me where the idea of Christ resurrecting from the dead originated?

P

Moves
19 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
I meant to wish those who observe it a Happy Easter yesterday but forgot.

Despite being an ex-Christian, I attended a mass in a packed-to-the-rafters church at 6 pm yesterday evening but had to take my son home early when he got a bit agitated about the long service and having to stand about 30 metres from the church watching the proceedings on a TV monitor! ...[text shortened]... n Christmas for Christians here although I imagine the same would be mostly true the world over.
This is why I like small churches, more down to earth.
God loves children and having fun too. There is nothing wrong with seeking that Easter basket too. Just watch out where you step, all those rabbits running around. ha ha

P

Moves
19 Apr 14
1 edit

Does it say in scripture that we should celebrate our birthdays? Isn't that self serving? Then why is it unimportant to celebrate the resurrection?

Man you are so silly. You take the scripture that fits you, then say I follow the scripture.

I don't think there is one church out there that follows the scripture to the letter of the law. Where is the breaking of the bread with the JW's? One of the few things written in scripture, a specific request. "do this in remembrance of me" .

And does it really matter whether any church follows the "letter of the law" , when Jesus said it was the 'spirit of the law' was what God wanted from His children.

w

Moves
19 Apr 14

Someone told me the other day that JW's don't believe in the death and ressurection of Jesus.

Is this correct?

rc

Moves
19 Apr 14

Originally posted by whodey
Someone told me the other day that JW's don't believe in the death and ressurection of Jesus.

Is this correct?
dont believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus, I see, how thoroughly ignorant.

rc

Moves
19 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
Is it forbidden by Christ?
The Christ says not a word about it.

rc

Moves
19 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
Are you asking me where the idea of Christ resurrecting from the dead originated?
No, I am asking you where the celebration originated from, you can tell the difference?

rc

Moves
19 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Pudgenik
Does it say in scripture that we should celebrate our birthdays? Isn't that self serving? Then why is it unimportant to celebrate the resurrection?

Man you are so silly. You take the scripture that fits you, then say I follow the scripture.

I don't think there is one church out there that follows the scripture to the letter of the law. Where is the br ...[text shortened]... the law" , when Jesus said it was the 'spirit of the law' was what God wanted from His children.
Mostly your statement is unworthy of serious comment. You are celebrating a festival that has been stolen from pagans, its time to fess up and admit it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
What would be the main points you'd make about their marking the death and resurrection of Christ? What deities would you tell them that they're celebrating or worshipping in their supposed "pagan festival"? And how would you go about persuading them that their Christianity was, in fact, not Christianity but something "masquerading as Christianity"?
robbie: "Never mind that!! I'm busy exalting my corporate masters!! I only need 400 more 'New Jerusalem' points!!"

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Apr 14

Mostly your statement is unworthy of serious comment. You are celebrating a festival that has been stolen from pagans, its time to fess up and admit it.
Shut up, robbie, I'm tired of hearing you whine incessantly about this.

Stop disrespecting the beliefs of millions of Christians. In fact, I dare you to come interrupt my church's services this Sunday with your unmitigated BS.

No respect for your Christian brothers, eh? Way to "love your neighbor" also.

F

Moves
19 Apr 14

The Christ says not a word about it.
So it's not forbidden then.

How do you reckon that marking the death and resurrection of Christ is pagan?

F

Moves
19 Apr 14

How has the resurrection of Christ been "stolen from pagans"?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Apr 14

Why start now?

Which of Christ's other commandments do you *actually* follow?

Love for your Christian brothers?

Last I heard you claim that no one is Christian except JW's. You constantly call our Christianity "nominal".

Love for your neighbors?

Aren't we all in this forum your neighbors? I'm not feeling much love from you. More like disrespect. And more and more disrespect the more and more you whine about Easter. Not much in you to celebrate the risen Christ, is there?

Love God with all your heart?

Well maybe this one. I cannot know. But I can assume that if you're not following any of Christ's other commandments, then you're not exactly following this one, either.

rc

Moves
19 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
So it's not forbidden then.

How do you reckon that marking the death and resurrection of Christ is pagan?
I have not said it is, what I have actually said is that the festival of Easter is stolen from pagans, how you could confuse the two i do not know, or as i suspect its simply another rather dishonest and transparent attempt to misconstrue what a contributor is saying.