1. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 15:232 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Why start now?

Which of Christ's other commandments do you *actually* follow?

Love for your Christian brothers?

Last I heard you claim that no one is Christian except JW's. You constantly call our Christianity "nominal".

Love for your neighbors?

Aren't we all in this forum your neighbors? I'm not feeling much love from you. More like disre ...[text shortened]... ollowing any of Christ's other commandments, then you're not exactly following this one, either.
    and who appointed you judge? oh thats right, that would be you, your megalomania knows no bounds. Also you are not my brother or sisters, the Christ stated, 'those who are doing the will of the father are his brothers and sisters'. I dont even think you know what the will of the father is, if I am to be perfectly honest.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 15:25
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I have not said it is, what I have actually said is that the festival of Easter is stolen from pagans, how you could confuse the two i do not know, or as i suspect its simply another rather dishonest and transparent attempt to misconstrue what a contributor is saying.
    Then I ask you again, in what way are you suggesting Indonesian Christians are engaging in a "pagan festival"? The masses held here on Good Friday mark the death of Christ and the masses held on Sunday mark the resurrection of Christ. How can you seriously be claiming these two things have been "stolen from pagans"?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 15:26
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Shut up, robbie, I'm tired of hearing you whine incessantly about this.

Stop disrespecting the beliefs of millions of Christians. In fact, I dare you to come interrupt my church's services this Sunday with your unmitigated BS.

No respect for your Christian brothers, eh? Way to "love your neighbor" also.
    Wow what a trumped up forum dictator! You are not my brothers and sisters. Nor have you the honesty to state that you have hijacked a pagan festival.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 15:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    Then I ask you again, in what way are you suggesting Indonesian Christians are engaging in a "pagan festival"? The masses held here on Good Friday mark the death of Christ and the masses held on Sunday mark the resurrection of Christ. How can you seriously be claiming these two things have been "stolen from pagans"?
    because Easter is essentially a hijacked pagan festival! are you denying the fact?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 15:30
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2010/apr/03/easter-pagan-symbolism

From Ishtar to Eostre, the roots of the resurrection story go deep. We should embrace the pagan symbolism of Easter!
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 15:31
    because Easter is essentially a hijacked pagan festival! are you denying the fact?
    You referred to the commemoration of the death of Christ that I described in my OP as a "pagan festival". What are you claiming Indonesian Christians have "hijacked"?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 15:35
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2010/apr/03/easter-pagan-symbolism

From Ishtar to Eostre, the roots of the resurrection story go deep. We should embrace the pagan symbolism of Easter!
    There is no "Easter" in Indonesian or Javanese animism, is that ~ animism ~ what you mean by "pagan"? My dictionary defines 'pagan' as "Not acknowledging the God of Christianity and Judaism and Islam." In what way are you arguing that what I described in my OP as not acknowledging the God of Christianity?.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 15:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    You referred to the commemoration of the death of Christ that I described in my OP as a "pagan festival". What are you claiming Indonesian Christians have "hijacked"?
    this is what i actually said

Another pagan festival masquerading as Christianity!

Now if you wish to construe that it was made with reference to to the commemoration of whatever happens in Indonesia that is up to you, what I am actually saying is that Easter is a pagan festival and I have provided evidence for that, if you wish to dispute the evidence then you may do so, otherwise i will be wasting no more time on discussing non issues like what you wish to impute to my words or how you wish to construe them, the matter is rather clear, Easter is a pagan festival, refute it if you can.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 15:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    There is no "Easter" in Indonesian or Javanese animism, is that ~ animism ~ what you mean by "pagan"? My dictionary defines 'pagan' as "Not acknowledging the God of Christianity and Judaism and Islam." In what way are you arguing that what I described in my OP as not acknowledging the God of Christianity?.
    so that means that Easter is not essentially a pagan festival, thanks, incontrovertible evidence.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 15:41
    this is what i actually said

Another pagan festival masquerading as Christianity!

Now if you wish to construe that it was made with reference to to the commemoration of whatever happens in Indonesia that is up to you....
    You said it in direct response to my OP. Your post was addressed to me. And it was a reply & quote to what I wrote in the first post on this thread.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 15:421 edit
    so that means that Easter is not essentially a pagan festival, thanks, incontrovertible evidence.
    How can you seriously think that Christians marking Christ's death and resurrection are "not acknowledging the God of Christianity"?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 15:431 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    You said it in direct response to my OP. Your post was addressed to me. And it was a reply & quote to what I wrote in the first post on this thread.
    and yet here you can buy hand painted Easter eggs right in Bali, care to explain the Christianity there Effhim?

http://avaxnews.net/fact/Balinese_Artist_Makes_Hand_Painted_Easter_Eggs.html
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 15:451 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    How can you seriously think that Christians marking the death and resurrection are "not acknowledging the God of Christianity"?
    what is it about 'Easter is pagan festival' that you are having trouble with? You can buy Easter eggs in Bali, hand painted ones at that. Who are they for FMF? Muslims or Christians?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 15:45
    and yet here you can buy hand painted Easter eggs right in Bali, care to explain there Christianity?

http://avaxnews.net/fact/Balinese_Artist_Makes_Hand_Painted_Easter_Eggs.html
    You can buy anything in Bali. Absolutely anything. You are dodging the issue. How is commemorating the death and resurrection of Christ "pagan"?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 15:47
    what is it about 'Easter is pagan festival' that you are having trouble with? You can buy Easter eggs in Bali, hand painted ones at that. Who are they for FMF? Muslims or Christians?
    So something for sale in Bali makes you think that Indonesian Christians are pagans?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree